Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
29-10-2012, 06:07 AM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
(29-10-2012 05:11 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Eid was a mess here. The Saudis don't escape to Bahrain as much now because of the ongoing protests (which are being ignored by the media) so they come to the UAE instead, driving like clueless, drunk fuckwits in the biggest 4x4 they could get. Then there's the actual animals;

The livestock markets and surrounding streets are clogged up with office workers trying to handle uncooperative goats and smaller sacrifices, if that's anything to go by, attempting kill the things must be chaos. The government is actually asking them not to consume animals they've killed at home because of the risk of contamination so the animal's pain during the amateur butchery is now completely pointless.

I think that's an interesting sight. Thank the god(s) most of the world has moved beyond it. But you can imagine what ancient Jerusalem was like, with the entire city built of the business of year round sacrificing to Yahweh with all those animals and everything it meant to keep that industry alive and going. It is one of my theory that THAT is why Yeshua ben Josef was executed when he attempted to disrupt it.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2012, 04:53 AM
Maybe Mullah man's gone to meet Mohammed?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 05:14 PM
(15-11-2012 04:53 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Maybe Mullah man's gone to meet Mohammed?
Or, maybe Mullah man's moved to meet the Moors in Mecca, so he could hear karma kow moo and mobilize moralizing mongooses.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-11-2012, 05:24 PM
(15-11-2012 05:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 04:53 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Maybe Mullah man's gone to meet Mohammed?
Or, maybe Mullah man's moved to meet the Moors in Mecca, so he could hear karma kow moo and mobilize moralizing mongooses.

Karma Kow.. that's oddly familiar to me...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
18-11-2012, 02:02 AM
(15-11-2012 05:24 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(15-11-2012 05:14 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Or, maybe Mullah man's moved to meet the Moors in Mecca, so he could hear karma kow moo and mobilize moralizing mongooses.

Karma Kow.. that's oddly familiar to me...
karma karma karma kow mealion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
22-11-2012, 09:01 PM
For the few muslim friends I have, they seem to pride themselves on the fact that they are open minded when it comes to science.

Today, one of my muslim friends tells me that they think gay people are unnatural, and that animals in nature do not demonstrate homosexuality.

Despite the overwhelming amount of empirical evidence to support otherwise, why are muslims so damned stubborn about this?
22-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Self imposed ignorance is my guess.

But then again, since when has evidence been on the religious' "Things to acknowledge and put before what is demonstrably false." list.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-11-2012, 09:11 PM
(22-11-2012 09:01 PM)Logisch Wrote:  For the few muslim friends I have, they seem to pride themselves on the fact that they are open minded when it comes to science.

Today, one of my muslim friends tells me that they think gay people are unnatural, and that animals in nature do not demonstrate homosexuality.

Despite the overwhelming amount of empirical evidence to support otherwise, why are muslims so damned stubborn about this?
Cuz, just like the fundie Christians, their Moral Theology is built on "natural law". If it *is* natural, it's a crack in the foundation. They get that. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...122106.htm

22-11-2012, 09:53 PM
I think people confuse the words "Natural" and "Common" - things in nature which are natural do not always commonly occur.
19-12-2012, 10:48 PM
dont know if this has been asked so ill ask anyway.
is mohammad the first muslam? or is it more like christianity where jesus is a jew and his followers are christian?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] Fruitcake-o-meter morondog 50 447 03-07-2014 10:41 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  [split] Coming Out And Ready To Crawl Back In. Jeremy E Walker 78 1,262 25-06-2014 07:18 PM
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  [split] I need to rant to other atheists. Jeremy E Walker 492 6,978 15-06-2014 09:47 PM
  Muslim teacher takeover? Bows and Arrows 36 751 15-06-2014 06:43 AM
Last Post: Anna
  [split] The Perfect Ideal World Created By Science Jeremy E Walker 14 248 04-06-2014 06:46 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  [split] An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available) Jeremy E Walker 46 689 03-06-2014 08:34 PM
  [split] Commentary on the viodjit vs. Drich "book of your religion" match Taqiyya Mockingbird 43 714 29-05-2014 08:08 PM