Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average
01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
RE: Ask a Muslim [split from introductions]
Why do Muslims hate Western society and still live in our cultures?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2013, 12:03 AM
Here are my questions;

#1: How do you could you describe Muhammad's views on religious tolerance, humanism/equality, equal power/rights to women, and other concepts that we hold today? For if Jesus, way back when during the Roman Days of Occupation, held some radical views than I do not doubt Muhammad held some as well. Especially as he was during the time of two Empires, of the Eastern Roman Empire an Zoroastrian Persia.

#2: How would you, and the majority of muslims you have interacted with both where you live and in other places of the world, view Republicanism? (This being actual Republics and stuff so don't confuse, if you live in the States, the Party of the Elephant) And how they view Monarchies and, especially, the crimes of the Saudi Arabian and Bahrain Monarchies?

#3: Do you feel that many-a-muslims (be they Shia or Sunni or whatever sects that may exist) are often seen as this "great threat" or "imminent danger to democracy" by both atheists as well as Christians for either the actions of few (fundamentalists) or put on stereotypes hyped by Media mudslinging?
06-01-2013, 07:44 AM
(06-01-2013 12:03 AM)Raskolnikov Wrote:  Here are my questions;

#1: How do you could you describe Muhammad's views on religious tolerance, humanism/equality, equal power/rights to women, and other concepts that we hold today? For if Jesus, way back when during the Roman Days of Occupation, held some radical views than I do not doubt Muhammad held some as well. Especially as he was during the time of two Empires, of the Eastern Roman Empire an Zoroastrian Persia.

#2: How would you, and the majority of muslims you have interacted with both where you live and in other places of the world, view Republicanism? (This being actual Republics and stuff so don't confuse, if you live in the States, the Party of the Elephant) And how they view Monarchies and, especially, the crimes of the Saudi Arabian and Bahrain Monarchies?

#3: Do you feel that many-a-muslims (be they Shia or Sunni or whatever sects that may exist) are often seen as this "great threat" or "imminent danger to democracy" by both atheists as well as Christians for either the actions of few (fundamentalists) or put on stereotypes hyped by Media mudslinging?

Don't get your hopes up, the OP hasn't been here since before Hallowe'en.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 07:41 PM by Internet Mullah.)
That's right, although I've been lurking here every now and then. But don't worry because I'll be back. Soon.

Bucky Ball, I will post a reply to your massive post as well ... which I know was mostly a copy-and-paste from Christian websites with some edits of your own, right?

Happy New Year to everyone, by the way.
06-01-2013, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2013 11:18 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-01-2013 07:38 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  That's right, although I've been lurking here every now and then. But don't worry because I'll be back. Soon.

Bucky Ball, I will post a reply to your massive post as well ... which I know was mostly a copy-and-paste from Christian websites with some edits of your own, right?

Absolutely not. You stated, incorrectly that it came from Morey. It did not. I proved there was massive academic precedence. You have been proven wrong, sir. You continue to assert that it's all a "fabrication" of Morey. I have no vested interest, as I am no Christian, however I DO know about about the OT, and I know for a fact your Mo did not know anything about Yahweh, and he did take his Allah god from Arabic mythology. See also the Spencer videos. You have a LOT to disprove. It's also one of the most popular threads here. It gets thousands of hits per month. And of course, your attempt at deflection is seen for what it is. The origins of any of my post are irrelevant, even though I did write it. The ONLY thing that matters, is whether it's true or not.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-01-2013, 09:21 PM
(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 07:38 PM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  That's right, although I've been lurking here every now and then. But don't worry because I'll be back. Soon.

Absolutely not. You stated, incorrectly that it came from Morley. It did not. I proved there was massive academic precedence. You have been proven wrong, sir. You continue to assert that it's all a "fabrication" of Morley. I have no vested interest, as I am no Christian, however I DO know about about the OT, and I know for a fact your Mo did not know anything about Yahweh, and he did take his Allah god from Arabic mythology. See also the Spencer videos. You have a LOT to disprove. It's also one of the most popular threads here. It gets thousands of hits per month. ANd of course, your attempt at defection is seen for what it is. THe origins of any of my post are irrelevant. The ONLY thing that metters, is whether it's true or not.

Heart

I am very much looking forward to the response Smile Thumbsup
07-01-2013, 05:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 05:47 AM by Internet Mullah.)
(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Absolutely not. You stated, incorrectly that it came from Morey. It did not. I proved there was massive academic precedence. You have been proven wrong, sir.

No, what I said is true. The moon-god theory of Allah came from Robert Morey. So I'm going to show you why YOU are wrong, sir.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_Moon-god

This:

Wikipedia Wrote:The claim is most associated with the Christian apologist author Robert Morey, whose book The moon-god Allah in the archeology of the Middle East is the most cited source of the meme that Allah is a moon-god."

Massive academic precedence? Nope. You're wrong once again:

Wikipedia Wrote:Islamic and Western scholars have rejected these claims, one even calling them "insulting"

You say that you love Ancient History ... yet you are misinformed about such an obvious thing even after doing research on this stuff.

I just find that a bit ironic.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You continue to assert that it's all a "fabrication" of Morey.

And my assertion is correct.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I have no vested interest, as I am no Christian, however I DO know about about the OT, and I know for a fact your Mo did not know anything about Yahweh, and he did take his Allah god from Arabic mythology.

Maybe you do know a lot about the OT, but it seems like you have a very poor knowledge of Islamic history. It's actually very, very poor, brother.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  See also the Spencer videos.

Hah. Robert Spencer. The clown who argues that maybe, just maybe, Muhammad didn't exist. Well, I can't even begin to explain how wrong that is.

I will post more on that later, maybe when I reply to Mark Fulton's post.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You have a LOT to disprove.

I can handle it.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It's also one of the most popular threads here. It gets thousands of hits per month.

Which is a good thing, eh?

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And of course, your attempt at deflection is seen for what it is. The origins of any of my post are irrelevant, even though I did write it.

I disagree. I think that the origins of your post are relevant in terms of their academic acceptance/criticisms, to a certain degree, especially because this is a historical subject. And you also denied that the "moon god" theory of Allah was not originally invented by Morey. So that's another reason why the origins of your post matter.

(06-01-2013 08:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The ONLY thing that matters, is whether it's true or not.

See above.

Also, I'm going to post a refutation of all the quotes that you included in your earlier post about the whole moon god idea. It's gonna be long, so it could take a while.
07-01-2013, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 05:58 AM by Internet Mullah.)
And here is one of your comments which I found so wrong that it was hilarious to me.

Let me show you why.

(13-09-2012 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yahweh had no daughters. Sin had THE SAME 3 daughters. It is incontrovertible PROOF. SIN IS ALLAH.

The same three daughters? No.

Sin had two children, which were named "Utu" or "Shamash" ("Sun") and "Inanna" or "Ishtar" (the goddess of the planet Venus). Not three.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:His wife was Ningal ("Great Lady"), who bore him Utu/Shamash ("Sun") and Inanna/Ishtar (the goddess of the planet Venus). The tendency to centralize the powers of the universe leads to the establishment of the doctrine of a triad consisting of Sin/Nanna and his children.

Sin (or Nanna) plus his two children creates a triad as clearly stated above. So he had two children, not three. And neither of Sin's children have the same names as the "daughters" of Allah. So on what grounds do you say that Sin and Allah had the same three daughters?

Secondly, Allah doesn't actually have any sons nor daughters according to Islamic belief. On the contrary, the Quran says,

"Say: He is God, the One and Only God, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him!" (Surah 112:1-4).

It was only the pagans who used to falsely ascribe "daughters" to Allah, something which the Quran emphatically denounced.

And the allegation of the "Satanic Verses" are most likely fabricated because this was reported in a book called "Tabari" which is not even considered a hadith book, nor is it a book that was carefully written, but just a biography of the life of Muhammad along with a mixture of both sound and unsound narrations.

As Ibn Katheer criticised:

Quote:In these volumes, he [Tabari] reported the various narrations as they were transmitted and by whom. His discussion is a mixed bag of valuable and worthless, sound and unsound information. This is in keeping with the custom of many Hadith scholars who merely report the information they have on a subject and make no distinction between what is sound and what is weak.

(Ibn Katheer, al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, Vol.5, p.208)

You can see a more thorough analysis and a refutation of the so-called "Satanic verses" at the article below:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/sverses.html
07-01-2013, 05:58 AM
To everyone else who posted a question in the last few pages, I will try to post my replies to your questions whenever I have more time. So, please be patient. I'm not ignoring you guys.

And thanks for asking.

I'll be back later.
07-01-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 07:59 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(07-01-2013 05:48 AM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  And here is one of your comments which I found so wrong that it was hilarious to me.

Let me show you why.

(13-09-2012 04:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yahweh had no daughters. Sin had THE SAME 3 daughters. It is incontrovertible PROOF. SIN IS ALLAH.

The same three daughters? No.

Sin had two children, which were named "Utu" or "Shamash" ("Sun") and "Inanna" or "Ishtar" (the goddess of the planet Venus). Not three.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:His wife was Ningal ("Great Lady"), who bore him Utu/Shamash ("Sun") and Inanna/Ishtar (the goddess of the planet Venus). The tendency to centralize the powers of the universe leads to the establishment of the doctrine of a triad consisting of Sin/Nanna and his children.

Sin (or Nanna) plus his two children creates a triad as clearly stated above. So he had two children, not three. And neither of Sin's children have the same names as the "daughters" of Allah. So on what grounds do you say that Sin and Allah had the same three daughters?

Secondly, Allah doesn't actually have any sons nor daughters according to Islamic belief. On the contrary, the Quran says,

"Say: He is God, the One and Only God, the Eternal, Absolute. He begets not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him!" (Surah 112:1-4).

It was only the pagans who used to falsely ascribe "daughters" to Allah, something which the Quran emphatically denounced.

And the allegation of the "Satanic Verses" are most likely fabricated because this was reported in a book called "Tabari" which is not even considered a hadith book, nor is it a book that was carefully written, but just a biography of the life of Muhammad along with a mixture of both sound and unsound narrations.

As Ibn Katheer criticised:

Quote:In these volumes, he [Tabari] reported the various narrations as they were transmitted and by whom. His discussion is a mixed bag of valuable and worthless, sound and unsound information. This is in keeping with the custom of many Hadith scholars who merely report the information they have on a subject and make no distinction between what is sound and what is weak.

(Ibn Katheer, al-Bidayah wa al-Nihayah, Vol.5, p.208)

You can see a more thorough analysis and a refutation of the so-called "Satanic verses" at the article below:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Polemics/sverses.html
Sorry. This doesn't cut it, at all. I posted a number of academic references as to why we KNOW the theory predated Morey. One Wiki article is not sufficient to refute them all. You will have to do a LOT better than one Wiki article. You must take EACH one, and explain why they are incorrect. Unless that is done, they stand. You failed to name ONE "Western and Islamic scholar" that calls the theory "insulting". Saying something is so, with NO EVIDENCE, is hardly sufficient. You have demonstrated NOTHING here. Only asserted a bunch of the usual clap-trap. Morey GOT his theory from somewhere, as we know he was no scholar, and could not have invented it, as he was not knowledgeable about ancient Near East. He did not make it up. You assert I am wrong about ancient history, yet utterly fail to give any evidence, or support even in ONE instance of how. You will have to do a LOT better than call Spencer a "clown", without even addressing even ONE of his contentions. You are doing rather badly here. You've disproven NOTHING. You have not even attempted ONE thing, other than assertions with no evidence. Maybe that crap flys where you come from. It does not work here, and EVERYONE can see you have refuted NOTHING I said, with a serious academic instance or fact. Saying what Allah does or does not have in terms of "Islamic belief" is totally irrelevant. You need history, and archaeology, and specific scholarly references, and don't even think of quoting lines from the Qur'an to support your assertions.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.