Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
19-04-2012, 09:27 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(19-04-2012 04:56 PM)kenroos Wrote:  
Quote:Hunger is observable, "feel it" is a type of "touch" sense. You don't metaphysically sense hunger, your physical body tells you that it is hungry because your stomach is empty, your blood sugars are low etc, the chemistry of your own body, gives your brain a physical signal that you ought to eat food.
yeah, yeah that's exactly my point, you can not SEE your hunger but you CAN feel it, it just the same kind of sensation that you feel when the God's will is around you and you communicated with him (I'm not talking about praying only), so that clearly demonstrate that you can measure it
Nooooo, your 'feeling' is not measurement.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Haven't asked a question in a while, so let's get current. What do you, as a theist, think of the GOP candidates that were all vying for the nomination? Go all the way back to Cain and Bachmann days.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2012, 02:52 AM
(19-04-2012 04:56 PM)kenroos Wrote:  yeah, yeah that's exactly my point, you can not SEE your hunger but you CAN feel it, it just the same kind of sensation that you feel when the God's will is around you and you communicated with him (I'm not talking about praying only), so that clearly demonstrate that you can measure it

What. The. Fuck. Is going on in here!?!? I better be reading this wrong, cause it reads like a beachhead of infectious theism on my atheist forum...

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
28-04-2012, 03:21 AM
(19-04-2012 04:56 PM)kenroos Wrote:  
Quote:Hunger is observable, "feel it" is a type of "touch" sense. You don't metaphysically sense hunger, your physical body tells you that it is hungry because your stomach is empty, your blood sugars are low etc, the chemistry of your own body, gives your brain a physical signal that you ought to eat food.
yeah, yeah that's exactly my point, you can not SEE your hunger but you CAN feel it, it just the same kind of sensation that you feel when the God's will is around you and you communicated with him (I'm not talking about praying only), so that clearly demonstrate that you can measure it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_hypothalamus

Hunger IS measurable. It's not like we don't know why you get hungry.
28-04-2012, 03:49 PM
(28-04-2012 02:52 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 04:56 PM)kenroos Wrote:  yeah, yeah that's exactly my point, you can not SEE your hunger but you CAN feel it, it just the same kind of sensation that you feel when the God's will is around you and you communicated with him (I'm not talking about praying only), so that clearly demonstrate that you can measure it

What. The. Fuck. Is going on in here!?!? I better be reading this wrong, cause it reads like a beachhead of infectious theism on my atheist forum...

Bah, you'll be all right as long as your shots are up to date. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-04-2012, 03:59 PM
(28-04-2012 03:21 AM)Adaptive Wrote:  
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_hypothalamus

I don't think either of you understands what 'measurable' means.

In what units do you measure hunger?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-04-2012, 04:47 PM
(28-04-2012 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 03:21 AM)Adaptive Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_hypothalamus

I don't think either of you understands what 'measurable' means.

In the USA, the number of Big Macs necessary for satiation is the standard unit of measurement for hunger. Wink

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-04-2012, 05:30 PM
(28-04-2012 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-04-2012 03:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't think either of you understands what 'measurable' means.

In the USA, the number of Big Macs necessary for satiation is the standard unit of measurement for hunger. Wink
It was a trick question. The correct answer is doughnuts. Smartass

[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-04-2012, 07:14 PM
You must mean donuts.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
02-05-2012, 09:55 AM
(25-04-2012 04:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Haven't asked a question in a while, so let's get current. What do you, as a theist, think of the GOP candidates that were all vying for the nomination? Go all the way back to Cain and Bachmann days.
Gingrich - He's fake. Can't stand him. He pretends to be righteous to gain the evangelical vote.
Cain - Like him okay. His policies were crap, but I think with the right advisers he would have done well.
Bachmann - lol
Santorum - Dangerous loony that should never be allowed within 100 feet of the Whitehouse.
Romney - He's a lot like Obama in my opinion. As a president, he wouldn't do much better/worse than Obama. He'll never beat Obama, though.
Paul - The only candidate I could ever get behind. I pretty much support every policy he has... too bad he has no chance.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]