Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
16-05-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(05-05-2012 05:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nuh-uh! Add them letters up, and what do they spell? That's right, SATAN!
I'm pretty sure that's SANTA. Yes

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Assuming the OP doesn't do everything the bible tells him to do like sell all his posessions and kill gays, cheating husbands and wives, children who don't listen, etc.

Do you think your god was thinking "it's ok if you don't take everything litteraly, you can just pick things from the bible and not do other parts because you personally thing it's wrong" or was his opinion more like "the bible is my word, you will do everything it says!!"
In short
Do you think cherrypicking from the bible was Gods idea when he wrote the bible?

chan chan ki sikin aman
16-05-2012, 04:42 PM
(16-05-2012 03:49 PM)kim Wrote:  
(05-05-2012 05:25 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Nuh-uh! Add them letters up, and what do they spell? That's right, SATAN!
I'm pretty sure that's SANTA. Yes

Their on to me....... Evil_monster
19-05-2012, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2012 02:54 PM by Vosur.)
(16-05-2012 03:50 PM)Crusher Wrote:  Assuming the OP doesn't do everything the bible tells him to do like sell all his posessions and kill gays, cheating husbands and wives, children who don't listen, etc.

Do you think your god was thinking "it's ok if you don't take everything litteraly, you can just pick things from the bible and not do other parts because you personally thing it's wrong" or was his opinion more like "the bible is my word, you will do everything it says!!"
In short
Do you think cherrypicking from the bible was Gods idea when he wrote the bible?
"Now, Israel, hear the decrees and laws I am about to teach you. Follow them so that you may live and may go in and take possession of the land the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you. Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you."
- Deuteronomy 4

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi! This is my first time stepping up and trying to ask a serious question, and I thought I might as well try this thread.

What (Physical) evidence do you know of, or at least think you know of, that might be in favor of your particular world view (Calvinist,Christian)?

Just wanted to see if anything you give to me would be at least worth looking up and find more information about.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-05-2012, 07:35 PM
(23-05-2012 08:32 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hi! This is my first time stepping up and trying to ask a serious question, and I thought I might as well try this thread.

What (Physical) evidence do you know of, or at least think you know of, that might be in favor of your particular world view (Calvinist,Christian)?

Just wanted to see if anything you give to me would be at least worth looking up and find more information about.

Here you go. Wink

... oops, guess that question wasn't for me. ... ah fuck it, Ima gonna leave the link anyway.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
25-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Our resident theist has found himself otherwise occupied as of late. New baby and what have you.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2012, 09:00 AM
(25-05-2012 07:42 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Our resident theist has found himself otherwise occupied as of late. New baby and what have you.

I'm back at work, so I have more free time lol

So yeah... back to questions.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2012, 10:54 AM
(16-05-2012 01:58 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So why do you get out of bed in the morning? What's the use?

God controls that. God has predetermined every bit of minutia ever.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2012, 10:59 AM
(30-05-2012 10:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-05-2012 01:58 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  So why do you get out of bed in the morning? What's the use?
God controls that. God has predetermined every bit of minutia ever.
How could you possibly know this?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]