Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
07-06-2012, 09:25 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Basically, what I'm saying is if the scriptures are false because of Satan, God contradicts His own plan and His own character. This falls into the God-rock paradox.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 09:29 AM
(07-06-2012 09:25 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Basically, what I'm saying is if the scriptures are false because of Satan, God contradicts His own plan and His own character. This falls into the God-rock paradox.
God-rock would be an oxymoron. You do mean the music, right? Cool

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Ahh but tender little KC, you are supposing that what you learned about god is true, but what if SATAN wrote the scripture? Then SATAN could describe god however he wanted. In whatever way would make for the most destruction. And you have to admit that if this were true, he did a pretty bang up job throughout the centuries.

Now what makes more sense supposing god and satan are real?

1) god had the scripture written in such a way as to not be clearly decoded by one group... ever... and decided to leave it open for debate and further study, because ... something.

2) satan wrote the scripture and made it purposefully confusing and not so... moral... then wrote a bunch more for other religions, that happens to conflict with the previous books, and in each of these there are orders to kill all the others as they aren't true... not to mention wrote a bunch of stuff to make people think that the world was literally created within a few days and that he knew this would be dis-proven at some point, just for the satisfaction/soul gain/revenge/hilarity?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
07-06-2012, 09:32 AM
(07-06-2012 09:30 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Ahh but tender little KC, you are supposing that what you learned about god is true, but what if SATAN wrote the scripture? Then SATAN could describe god however he wanted. In whatever way would make for the most destruction. And you have to admit that if this were true, he did a pretty bang up job throughout the centuries.

Now what makes more sense supposing god and satan are real?

1) god had the scripture written in such a way as to not be clearly decoded by one group... ever... and decided to leave it open for debate and further study, because ... something.

2) satan wrote the scripture and made it purposefully confusing and not so... moral... then wrote a bunch more for other religions, that happens to conflict with the previous books, and in each of these there are orders to kill all the others as they aren't true... not to mention wrote a bunch of stuff to make people think that the world was literally created within a few days and that he knew this would be dis-proven at some point, just for the satisfaction/soul gain/revenge/hilarity?

If that's the case, the the God I worship isn't real and I'm an unknowing atheist.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
07-06-2012, 09:36 AM
So when do we serve up some baby?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
07-06-2012, 09:47 AM
(07-06-2012 09:36 AM)lucradis Wrote:  So when do we serve up some baby?

Your argument is futile, my friend.

07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Are you trying to say... you've already eaten the baby?

07-06-2012, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2012 10:30 AM by kingschosen.)
(07-06-2012 10:06 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Are you trying to say... you've already eaten the baby?

I have eaten baby before... remember? But then, I saw the error of my ways.

07-06-2012, 12:00 PM
(07-06-2012 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-06-2012 10:06 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Are you trying to say... you've already eaten the baby?
I have eaten baby before... remember? But then, I saw the error of my ways.
If one turns away from atheism, is that apostasy?

Shhhh - there are actually atheists who don't eat babies - don't tell anyone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
(07-06-2012 12:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  If one turns away from atheism, is that apostasy?

Shhhh - there are actually atheists who don't eat babies - don't tell anyone.
More for the rest of us Big Grin