Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2011, 12:16 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(11-12-2011 12:08 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I really find this post inappropriately named.

The term theist applies to Jews, Christians and Moslems.

As a Calvinist , Baptist, or whatever your anwers simply relate
to your pre determined (by you) elitist position.

Eh.
I see no problem with the nomenclature. Kingschosen is A theist. He's the one being asked the questions and the one choosing to respond. If one our Islamic theist friends in the forum wants to be open to questions, so be it. It's a free forum. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-12-2011, 12:27 AM
(11-12-2011 12:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 12:08 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I really find this post inappropriately named.

Eh.
I see no problem with the nomenclature. Kingschosen is A theist. He's the one being asked the questions and the one choosing to respond. If one our Islamic theist friends in the forum wants to be open to questions, so be it. It's a free forum. Big Grin

My point is that his predisposition towards one arguably erratic aspect of belief and His claim to the broader connatation of theist is misleading.
As you say it is a free forum and I am simply expressing a personal view.
11-12-2011, 12:34 AM
(11-12-2011 12:27 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Eh.

My point is that his predisposition towards one arguably erratic aspect of belief and His claim to the broader connatation of theist is misleading.

Hey man, I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just giving you my opinion about your opinion and now I have yours of mine. Smile

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
11-12-2011, 12:37 AM
(11-12-2011 12:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(11-12-2011 12:27 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  

Eh.

Hey man, I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Just giving you my opinion about your opinion and now I have yours of mine. Smile

Go to bed and God bless Erxomai Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
11-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks, Woof. I give thanks to God for blessing me with this forum.

~Izel
11-12-2011, 01:04 AM
(10-12-2011 09:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  2) Gay people are like straight people. Just gay. I'm not a judge, and I don't treat anyone differently. God created them gay for a reason; a reason I don't know, so who am I to treat them like they have a problem? Also, outlawing gay marriage is borderline retarded. How can you deny a basic civil right based on sexual orientation?

3) Lusting is a sin. Masturbation is a result of lust. So, no... masturbation isn't a sin. It's a by product of a sin.

For these answers... you realise by the definition of Christian most people go by, even many of those who self-identify as Christians would hardly recognize you? I mean, I think even most Calvinists would probably dislike your position for example on gays? Is this your personal opinion, or is it common throughout your church? Or am I incorrect and is this in fact the mainstream Calvinist position?

But the main thing I wanted to say is YAY Smile You're a man of integrity. I knew I could respect you. Even though you're a pretty far-out and wacky dude Wink
11-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Ah, thanks for the answers... but it seems God is actively trying to hide his motives from doing things...

I think God, if he exists, is some extra-dimensional scientist, and we are his test subjects/creation.

So, is it true to say that faith, and ONLY faith is the path to God?

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
11-12-2011, 05:03 AM
12 pages later. Still no evidence for Yahweh.
11-12-2011, 06:02 AM
(11-12-2011 05:03 AM)Monk Wrote:  12 pages later. Still no evidence for Yahweh.

Come on, don't stress him out Smile Everyone gets to learn something, that's most important.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
11-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Who would win in a fight, Jesus or a T-Rex ridden by chuck Norris?
Tongue

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post