Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(03-07-2012 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-07-2012 03:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This same question could be posed to anyone. If you (atheist) are so
sure of nonexistence after death, then why don't you just commit suicide
and forget the troubles of earth? It's not like you're going to
remember any of this, or even know or care of you hurt other people
doing it. Love, pain, empathy, or any emotion would cease to exist;
moreover, so what if you love your family too much to do it... what does
it matter? It's not like you're going to care when you're dead... or
even know. So seriously... why don't you just commit suicide?

See... this is kind of a terrible question.
No, that's a terrible rejoinder. Atheists wouldn't commit suicide precisely because this is all there is.

“The absurd man will not commit suicide; he wants to live, without relinquishing any of his certainty, without a future, without hope, without illusions … and without resignation either. He stares at death with passionate attention and this fascination liberates him. He experiences the 'divine irresponsibility' of the condemned man.” - Sartre

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Do you think that your wife and your child(ren) are elect as well?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Can you find one positive quality in Satan?

If you haven't, I know of one, and am willing to share it with you. If you want to hear it, of course.

On a side note, I didn't find it. It was a christian I was neighbors with, but it was interesting.

CTS
09-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I found some video on youtube, and this guy is going on some big rant about how Calvanism is a retarded religion. He talks about how stupid they are for believing in evolution. Thought you might want to see it. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
09-07-2012, 10:14 AM
(08-07-2012 03:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Can you find one positive quality in Satan?

If you haven't, I know of one, and am willing to share it with you. If you want to hear it, of course.

On a side note, I didn't find it. It was a christian I was neighbors with, but it was interesting.

CTS

Sure. He throws the best parties!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-07-2012, 02:24 PM
(09-07-2012 10:14 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(08-07-2012 03:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Can you find one positive quality in Satan?

CTS

Sure. He throws the best parties!
*imitates Don LaFontaine* It was a typical day in a typical neighborhood. Then one day something came up and threw typical out the friggin' window...

Not really. My neighbor is a pretty devout Chrisitan, bath with Mary on the front lawn (did I say that right?), inspirational biblical quotes on front window.

So I asked the question, and he said he'd think on it. A couple days later I see him coming in from work, and he comes up to me and said that if there was anything Satan has as a positive quality, is perseverance.

Try putting that on one of those motivational posters. That'd sell!
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
(09-07-2012 10:11 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I found some video on youtube, and this guy is going on some big rant about how Calvanism is a retarded religion. He talks about how stupid they are for believing in evolution. Thought you might want to see it. Tell me what you think.

The arguments made in that video are interesting. I'm looking forward to KC's evaluation. Smile

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
[Image: poster_fqjv005umn.jpg]

Something like this!
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
09-07-2012, 04:11 PM
(09-07-2012 02:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-07-2012 10:11 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I found some video on youtube, and this guy is going on some big rant about how Calvanism is a retarded religion. He talks about how stupid they are for believing in evolution. Thought you might want to see it. Tell me what you think.

The arguments made in that video are interesting. I'm looking forward to KC's evaluation. Smile

Interesting yes, but KC will probably get a bit annoyed over it. He does throw out some insulting comments.
09-07-2012, 04:27 PM
OR THIS:
[Image: poster_ycnzfmkgoo.jpg]"

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post