Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
12-07-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(09-07-2012 10:11 AM)Magoo Wrote:  I found some video on youtube, and this guy is going on some big rant about how Calvanism is a retarded religion. He talks about how stupid they are for believing in evolution. Thought you might want to see it. Tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
I actually agree with him. Weird.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 11:43 PM
(12-07-2012 06:56 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 05:47 PM)Vosur Wrote:  GEMA is a german company that represents many artists all around the world. They are money greedy bastards because they ban every video containing their artists music on YouTube (and other video platforms) unless Google pays them money for every single view their videos get, which they obviously denied. I clicked on the link and got the message that's it's banned in Germany. Dodgy

I will never get why company's do that shit. Surely it can only hurt profits. Ive lost count of the amount of times I've listened to a few tracks from an artist on YouTube, then went out and bought their albums.

Greedy shit like that is why so many people pirate.

(11-07-2012 04:18 PM)Magoo Wrote:  KC must be busy Sad

He had a new addition to his family very recently so i imagine his hands are full, Since hes a christian and not an atheist he will be raising the child and not eating it like we evil heathens do Big Grin.
Did you forget about the picture I posted?

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-07-2012, 11:43 PM
(12-07-2012 11:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-07-2012 01:15 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Do you think that your wife and your child(ren) are elect as well?
I know my wife is. As for my children, I pray that they are. It would devastate me if not.
#1. How do you know that your wife is elect?
#2. Why do you pray that your children are elect if you know that it's not going to change anything because God has already planned out everything?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
13-07-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote: #2. Why do you pray that your children are elect if you know that it's
not going to change anything because God has already planned out
everything?
Psalm 139:1-4
O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Predestination is a direct contradiction to free will, so why pray?

This is my signature. I named it Bob. Evil_monster
13-07-2012, 10:55 AM
KC, was the video like what you expected? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
13-07-2012, 12:11 PM
(12-07-2012 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 11:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know my wife is. As for my children, I pray that they are. It would devastate me if not.
#1. How do you know that your wife is elect?
#2. Why do you pray that your children are elect if you know that it's not going to change anything because God has already planned out everything?

#1 - For the same reason that I know I'm elect. There is a passion and a belief in her to want to serve God.

#2 - What I answered earlier about prayer:
Prayer is essential because it is communication with God. Most people see prayer as “Oh hai god! Heal plz. Can I have this?” Prayer, in essence, isn’t this at all. Yes, our fates our determined, but this line of communication helps us understand God. It allows Him to answer questions. He can reveal to us the “whys”. Prayer is for us. It’s not for God.

We are to pray for others in obedience. Praying for others also allows God to reveal to us how He wants us to be used, what to say, and how to act around others. Ultimately, none of that is our choice; however, prayer is use as an explanation for His purpose and a look into His will.

I guess I should have clarified that I pray, for me, to know that my children are elect. I don't pray for God to elect them; as that has already been done.

13-07-2012, 12:13 PM
(13-07-2012 06:58 AM)Zombifyit Wrote:  
Quote: #2. Why do you pray that your children are elect if you know that it's
not going to change anything because God has already planned out
everything?
Psalm 139:1-4
O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

Predestination is a direct contradiction to free will, so why pray?

See above.

13-07-2012, 12:14 PM
(13-07-2012 10:55 AM)Magoo Wrote:  KC, was the video like what you expected? Tongue

It was that and more. Much, much more! Smile

13-07-2012, 12:46 PM
(13-07-2012 12:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  #1. How do you know that your wife is elect?

#1 - For the same reason that I know I'm elect. There is a passion and a belief in her to want to serve God.

Prayer is essential because it is communication with God. Most people see prayer as “Oh hai god! Heal plz. Can I have this?” Prayer, in essence, isn’t this at all. Yes, our fates our determined, but this line of communication helps us understand God. It allows Him to answer questions. He can reveal to us the “whys”. Prayer is for us. It’s not for God.

We are to pray for others in obedience. Praying for others also allows God to reveal to us how He wants us to be used, what to say, and how to act around others. Ultimately, none of that is our choice; however, prayer is use as an explanation for His purpose and a look into His will.

I guess I should have clarified that I pray, for me, to know that my children are elect. I don't pray for God to elect them; as that has already been done.
Suggest you pray for rationality. You think logically, but not rationally. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-07-2012, 04:18 AM
(13-07-2012 12:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 11:43 PM)Vosur Wrote:  #1. How do you know that your wife is elect?

In other words, prayer doesn't do anything. Doesn't the bible itself say "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you"?
Matthew 7:7
"And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will
cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up
serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt
them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Mark 16:17-18

"Such an experience happened to the apostle Paul. After being shipwrecked
and escaping to the island of Malta, Paul was bitten by a deadly snake.
The natives thought he would die, but God miraculously intervened and
Paul was not harmed (Acts 28:1-6)."

Also, studies have shown that prayer doesn't work. So what was so special about the prayer of the apostles that doesn't help with other people? If you'd drink poison, would you not be hurt? or dying? Pray for this god to heal you if you dare to drink poison. After all, god takes care of his children, right?
ANY father would. Yes

This is my signature. I named it Bob. Evil_monster