Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
30-07-2012, 01:52 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(30-07-2012 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 01:00 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I am not saying nobody can judge, I am saying that you can't judge a human by his actions because his actions are controlled by God, who's actions are unjudgable.

So you can't judge a humans actions, because they are, in extension, an action by God.

Right. We do not have the right to judge anyone's actions unless they break the laws put in place by humans (government). God endorses this because He knows that because of humanity's imperfection that there will be crime. God knows that in order for there to be a functioning, civilized society; there needs to be law.

He made the humans commit the crimes, so, it is still Gods actions, which are unjudgeable by the human standrds and laws.

God could have made it so they don't need laws.

God is all powerful, to you.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2012, 01:54 PM
(30-07-2012 07:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-07-2012 12:16 PM)KVron Wrote:  KC, how do you keep track of everything you say in this forum? You have more than 3,700
posts and you remember what you said in each one??

Good question.

I really have no idea. I just do.

God, I guess Smile

My money's on Google Tongue
30-07-2012, 01:58 PM
(30-07-2012 01:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Right. We do not have the right to judge anyone's actions unless they break the laws put in place by humans (government). God endorses this because He knows that because of humanity's imperfection that there will be crime. God knows that in order for there to be a functioning, civilized society; there needs to be law.

He made the humans commit the crimes, so, it is still Gods actions, which are unjudgeable by the human standrds and laws.

A court of law is a God endorsed structure. Humans aren't judging souls but actions on Earth.

Asking me why or saying "God could've done this" is an unanswerable question and impossible statement. I don't know why God chose to do it that way nor can I ever pretend to.

I can only offer you answers to my understanding.

God is the judge of everything. God gave us permission to judge people based on their actions on Earth.

This is not us judging God, as God has already preordained people to judge others, so I guess you can say that's it's not us judging anyway but it's God judging through us through the court of law.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-07-2012, 01:59 PM
(30-07-2012 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 07:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Good question.

I really have no idea. I just do.

God, I guess Smile

My money's on Google Tongue

Nope.

I don't do that Smile

30-07-2012, 02:02 PM
(30-07-2012 01:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  God gave us permission to judge people based on their actions on Earth.
Did he?

Matthew 7:1-5
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
30-07-2012, 02:02 PM
(30-07-2012 01:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 01:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  He made the humans commit the crimes, so, it is still Gods actions, which are unjudgeable by the human standrds and laws.

A court of law is a God endorsed structure. Humans aren't judging souls but actions on Earth.

Asking me why or saying "God could've done this" is an unanswerable question and impossible statement. I don't know why God chose to do it that way nor can I ever pretend to.

I can only offer you answers to my understanding.

God is the judge of everything. God gave us permission to judge people based on their actions on Earth.

This is not us judging God, as God has already preordained people to judge others, so I guess you can say that's it's not us judging anyway but it's God judging through us through the court of law.

But you can't really judge the human because the human has no will of its own. By judging humans on their actions according to the law, you are judging the gun on what the owner does.

While it is true God, in your theology, God might make people judge people, but that would be pointless.

I would have made a better God then the one you imagine.Dodgy

30-07-2012, 02:13 PM
(30-07-2012 02:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 01:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  God gave us permission to judge people based on their actions on Earth.
Did he?

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

I'm talking according to a court of law... not judging someone just because.

God says to obey human law and the consequences of breaking it. Judging others actions that does not break a law isn't for you.

30-07-2012, 02:16 PM
(30-07-2012 02:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-07-2012 02:02 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Did he?

I'm talking according to a court of law... not judging someone just because.

God says to obey human law and the consequences of breaking it. Judging others actions that does not break a law isn't for you.
God says it, yet planned people to do the opposite.

30-07-2012, 02:27 PM
(30-07-2012 01:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nope.

I don't do that Smile

Weirdo.

Smile
30-07-2012, 03:18 PM
(30-07-2012 08:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God can be harsh.

But, fortunately, only in a literary, non-existent way. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user