Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
02-08-2012, 11:08 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(02-08-2012 11:04 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's illogical in the sense of of what is tangible and to others who don't have faith. I have rational/critical thinking and I believe it. I am also going to encourage my children to study and learn and think for themselves to improve their rational and critical thinking skills.

But you don't have critical thinking, God made you and controlled you to do that.

Wait... which game are we playing now?

You relate to me theological level or I relate to you on a rational level.

I thought we were doing the rational level thing right now.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
(02-08-2012 11:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because you are not applying critical thinking to this. You never have, despite your belief that you have.

You had a mental/emotional experience and dismissed any of the physical or psychological causes.
You base your belief on a feeling and on your tortured interpretations of a book that is provably wrong. It is full of factual error, it is full of contradiction, it is full of copying errors, it has been changed by people, it is a collection of stories selected from a larger collection of candidates, and we don't even have the original 'inspired' texts.

Please don't insult us with calling your defense rational, logical, or critical.

Wait, what?

I think you misread what I said. Either that, or I don't understand why you posted that.

Does it really matter where in this thread I say it? It is my response to you avowing your 'critical thinking'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
(02-08-2012 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 10:48 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  She feels the same as I do.

Or she's just quite good at humoring you.

Don't know my wife...

02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
(02-08-2012 11:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Or she's just quite good at humoring you.

Don't know my wife...

You don't? That's unfortunate.

02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
(02-08-2012 11:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait, what?

I think you misread what I said. Either that, or I don't understand why you posted that.

Does it really matter where in this thread I say it? It is my response to you avowing your 'critical thinking'.

Depends. Do you want a response?

02-08-2012, 11:11 AM
(02-08-2012 11:10 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:09 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Don't know my wife...

You don't? That's unfortunate.

Implied "you" -_-

02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
(02-08-2012 11:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:09 AM)Chas Wrote:  Does it really matter where in this thread I say it? It is my response to you avowing your 'critical thinking'.

Depends. Do you want a response?

I don't really care. You seem to apply critical thinking in parts of your life, but not to your god delusion. I have made my view clear since day 1.

You have consistently demonstrated that you are incapable of applying critical thinking to this aspect of your life. Despite many strong refutations of your belief system, you continue to argue from that silly, dreadful book.

Your arguments are based on fallacies. You believed and then went looking for support, finding it in a work of mythology.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
02-08-2012, 11:19 AM
(02-08-2012 11:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's illogical in the sense of of what is tangible and to others who don't have faith.
Can you prove to us that god's existence is logically consistent? Otherwise...

(02-08-2012 11:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have rational/critical thinking and I believe it.
You're joking right now, right? Right? Shocking

(02-08-2012 11:03 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am also going to encourage my children to study and learn and think for themselves to improve their rational and critical thinking skills.
Taking them to church each sunday at a young age is without a doubt the most reasonable approach to achieve this goal. It sets up the best foundation for critical thinking, because theists are well-known for being able to evaluate their beliefs on a rational and critical basis after all.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
02-08-2012, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 04:02 PM by Atothetheist.)
(02-08-2012 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:04 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  But you don't have critical thinking, God made you and controlled you to do that.

Wait... which game are we playing now?

Game? All I was implying here is the fact that since God controls everything, everything you possess is not yours, and everything thought you have is not yours, and every moral, or immoral thought you have isn't yours.

In effect, you did nothing to achieve it, God spoon fed it to you under the guise of you actually working( but you never really worked either) for the shit you don't have.

In your theology, KC, you are nothing but a mindless, willless shell, and not even that, because every expierence, every emotion, every thought, every feeling of importance was handed down by a being who owns every part of you.

In a sense, nothing belongs to you, or anybody else.

I just don't see how you could accept this, I mean, to do so, would be the greatest, and abhorent devalueing of all that is considered life.

I think of you as a good person, but this theology horrible.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
(02-08-2012 03:44 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 11:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait... which game are we playing now?

Game? All I was implying here is the fact that since God controls everything, everything you possess is not yours, and everything thought you have is not yours, and every moral, or immoral thought you have isn't yours.

In effect, you did nothing to achieve it, God spoon fed it to you under the guise of you actually working( but you never really worked either) for the shit you don't have.

In your theology, KC, you are nothing but a mindless, willless shell, and not even that, because every expierence, every emotion, every thought, every feeling of importance was handed down by a being who owns every part of you.

In a sense, nothing belongs to you, or anybody else

In a sense KC is a RC human being, devoid of all free will, freedom is an illusion.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp