Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
26-08-2012, 04:31 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(26-08-2012 04:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 04:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, I do not believe that they were chosen in the same way that Homo Sapiens were chosen. God Homo Sapiens and imparted His image unto us. He chose for our evolution to be this way.

Despite being sentient, I do not believe that Neanderthals have an eternal soul - along the same lines as other animals.

Neanderthals also lived along side Homo Sapiens, and it is possible that they observed Homo Sapiens' relationship with God and simply parroted it.

Weird.

Thanks, but...

Weird.

(See Chas? Tongue)

lol, yeah.

I've discussed this topic before with Rev.

Also, why is it weird?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Ask a Theist!
(26-08-2012 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 04:22 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Weird.

Thanks, but...

Weird.

(See Chas? Tongue)

lol, yeah.

Also, why is it weird?

You know, the kind of weird that you can feel confident that god picked one group of humans over another. That essentially there was never any reason for Neanderthals to ever exist in the plan of salvation. At least they didn't have souls so they shouldn't be in hell. Also, I find it a weird to believe that god decided to pick one male and one female to imbue with his image after hundreds of thousands of years after splitting away from other primates. I wonder at what point did we evolve to just the right point that god decided to intervene and create souls in otherwise already existing people. It's as fantastical as believing Jesus visited North America after his crucifixion. It just seems like arbitrary gibberish. But I asked. Confused

That kind of weird. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
26-08-2012, 05:08 PM
(26-08-2012 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  lol, yeah.

Also, why is it weird?

You know, the kind of weird that you can feel confident that god picked one group of humans over another. That essentially there was never any reason for Neanderthals to ever exist in the plan of salvation. At least they didn't have souls so they shouldn't be in hell. Also, I find it a weird to believe that god decided to pick one male and one female to imbue with his image after hundreds of thousands of years after splitting away from other primates. I wonder at what point did we evolve to just the right point that god decided to intervene and create souls in otherwise already existing people. It's as fantastical as believing Jesus visited North America after his crucifixion. It just seems like arbitrary gibberish. But I asked. Confused

You know I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve, right?

It was a certain point in human evolution (unknown to us) that God decided to impart His image.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-08-2012, 05:19 PM
(26-08-2012 05:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You know, the kind of weird that you can feel confident that god picked one group of humans over another. That essentially there was never any reason for Neanderthals to ever exist in the plan of salvation. At least they didn't have souls so they shouldn't be in hell. Also, I find it a weird to believe that god decided to pick one male and one female to imbue with his image after hundreds of thousands of years after splitting away from other primates. I wonder at what point did we evolve to just the right point that god decided to intervene and create souls in otherwise already existing people. It's as fantastical as believing Jesus visited North America after his crucifixion. It just seems like arbitrary gibberish. But I asked. Confused

It was a certain point in human evolution (unknown to us) that God decided to impart His image.

No, I know you don't believe in Adam and Eve. I'm trying to get at your point of view, though, and I think that you are saying there must have been an origin somewhere to the first Elect people. When I wander with my assumption of your thinking, there was probably a Tuesday in February around 10,000 years ago that a hunter knocked up a gatherer and 6 months later, out popped a babe that was made in the Imago Dei. As hard as it is for me to believe in the supernatural, it's even harder for me to try to get my head around the thought that the universe existed some 13 billion years before God got around to creating a soul (or however you see it). (Yes, he's outside of space/time, blah blah, but what other cases can you point to where god made something completely alien to the rest of creation, after the fact?)

Nevertheless, at some point, I would think that you might think there had to be a "birth" of total depravity and consequences for it. To suggest that souls spontaneously were created in otherwise already existing human beings in some arbitrary place in human evolution seems as silly as thinking we need to bless our plowshares to get the Dirt God to provide food for us.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-08-2012, 07:13 PM
(26-08-2012 04:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, why is it weird?

My hope is that one day you will understand why this question is hilarious.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-08-2012, 07:15 PM
(26-08-2012 05:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 04:41 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You know, the kind of weird that you can feel confident that god picked one group of humans over another. That essentially there was never any reason for Neanderthals to ever exist in the plan of salvation. At least they didn't have souls so they shouldn't be in hell. Also, I find it a weird to believe that god decided to pick one male and one female to imbue with his image after hundreds of thousands of years after splitting away from other primates. I wonder at what point did we evolve to just the right point that god decided to intervene and create souls in otherwise already existing people. It's as fantastical as believing Jesus visited North America after his crucifixion. It just seems like arbitrary gibberish. But I asked. Confused

That is just as weird.Consider

26-08-2012, 07:16 PM
(26-08-2012 05:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 05:08 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You know I don't believe in a literal Adam and Eve, right?

No, I know you don't believe in Adam and Eve. I'm trying to get at your point of view, though, and I think that you are saying there must have been an origin somewhere to the first Elect people. When I wander with my assumption of your thinking, there was probably a Tuesday in February around 10,000 years ago that a hunter knocked up a gatherer and 6 months later, out popped a babe that was made in the Imago Dei. As hard as it is for me to believe in the supernatural, it's even harder for me to try to get my head around the thought that the universe existed some 13 billion years before God got around to creating a soul (or however you see it). (Yes, he's outside of space/time, blah blah, but what other cases can you point to where god made something completely alien to the rest of creation, after the fact?)

Nevertheless, at some point, I would think that you might think there had to be a "birth" of total depravity and consequences for it. To suggest that souls spontaneously were created in otherwise already existing human beings in some arbitrary place in human evolution seems as silly as thinking we need to bless our plowshares to get the Dirt God to provide food for us.

You know, Erx, it's about fucking time you started to argue with KingDemento. Thumbsup

26-08-2012, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2012 07:36 PM by Erxomai.)
Ask a Theist!
(26-08-2012 07:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 05:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  No, I know you don't believe in Adam and Eve. I'm trying to get at your point of view, though, and I think that you are saying there must have been an origin somewhere to the first Elect people. When I wander with my assumption of your thinking, there was probably a Tuesday in February around 10,000 years ago that a hunter knocked up a gatherer and 6 months later, out popped a babe that was made in the Imago Dei. As hard as it is for me to believe in the supernatural, it's even harder for me to try to get my head around the thought that the universe existed some 13 billion years before God got around to creating a soul (or however you see it). (Yes, he's outside of space/time, blah blah, but what other cases can you point to where god made something completely alien to the rest of creation, after the fact?)

You know, Erx, it's about fucking time you started to argue with KingDemento. Thumbsup

Meh. Jesus told me not to cast my pearls before swine. Drinking Beverage

Is KingDemento related to Dr. Demento?

~Izel
26-08-2012, 07:35 PM
How do you deal with the fact that I am God?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
26-08-2012, 07:36 PM
(26-08-2012 07:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How do you deal with the fact that I am God?

By ignoring it and you.