Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
26-08-2012, 07:37 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(26-08-2012 07:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 07:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How do you deal with the fact that I am God?

By ignoring it and you.

Shh... This one is for KC to answer.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2012, 10:53 PM
(26-08-2012 07:35 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How do you deal with the fact that I am God?

A fact is a fact only if it's a fact. Can you prove that this fact is a fact? As a matter of fact, I think any facts that may be facts may be, in fact, not really facts. Now that's a fact.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-08-2012, 11:01 PM
(26-08-2012 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

A fact is a fact only if it's a fact. Can you prove that this fact is a fact? As a matter of fact, I think any facts that may be facts may be, in fact, not really facts. Now that's a fact.

Ok, here is my line of thinking: If God controls everything I do and say, even what I think, then by definition my mind, everything that makes me, is God.

So, I am God.

Since God can't LIE, Everything I say must be the truth, since I am God.

Now, I am your master, KC.

Since I said that, it is now true, cuz I am God.

I shall be the new admin of this forum.

Since I am God, this is also true.

Since I also control Stark, cuz everything is controlled by God, I, as God, have the ability to remove you from this forum.

I also Control you too, KC, cuz I am God.

Since I am controlling the way I type, I am God.

I also know it is a fact because I,God, made it so.

In other words, if God controls my mind, emotions, and thinking, but extention, I am that God.

26-08-2012, 11:56 PM
(26-08-2012 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A fact is a fact only if it's a fact. Can you prove that this fact is a fact? As a matter of fact, I think any facts that may be facts may be, in fact, not really facts. Now that's a fact.

Fact. Please sing that with the Mr. Ed (talking-horse), melody.
"A fact is a fact, of course of course .... etc.

pssst .. I think A2 has this teeny weeny power trip problem.
Don't tell him I said that, as I like him, all the same.

He seems to have forgotten about Free Will. Of course it's debunked by Neuroscience, but it's still in the theistic bag of tricks.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-08-2012, 12:09 AM
(26-08-2012 11:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(26-08-2012 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A fact is a fact only if it's a fact. Can you prove that this fact is a fact? As a matter of fact, I think any facts that may be facts may be, in fact, not really facts. Now that's a fact.

Fact. Please sing that with the Mr. Ed (talking-horse), melody.
"A fact is a fact, of course of course .... etc.

pssst .. I think A2 has this teeny weeny power trip problem.
Don't tell him I said that, as I like him, all the same.

He seems to have forgotten about Free Will. Of course it's debunked by Neuroscience, but it's still in the theistic bag of tricks.

Nah, I was just trying to show him an example of irrational thinking.

Plus, I like the powerless me, less responsibility.

I know Free Will is debunked, what I mean by Free Will is for you to make the choices, since the body chemicals and atoms, and brain is still you, you still make the choice.

Only the mind is fooled into thinking it was a influence free choice.

There is still absolutely nothing to suggest a Deity is controlling us.

27-08-2012, 12:20 AM
(27-08-2012 12:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Plus, I like the powerless me, less responsibility.
I know Free Will is debunked, what I mean by Free Will is for you to make the choices, since the body chemicals and atoms, and brain is still you, you still make the choice.

Yes, power causes one to sit in committee meetings. Ugh.

As far as 'free will" goes, most theists think there is a "choice" being made on the conscious level. In fact MRI technology has proven decsions, in may cases are made, before we are consciously aware of them. Thus the paradigm is nonsense. If one is not conscious of the elements at work, which go into a final choice, it cannot in any way be said to be "free", as one is not in control of what is going on sub-consciously.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
27-08-2012, 12:23 AM
(27-08-2012 12:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:09 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Plus, I like the powerless me, less responsibility.

Yes, power causes one to sit in committee meetings. Ugh.

As far as 'free will" goes, most theists think there is a "choice" being made on the conscious level. In fact MRI technology has proven decsions, in may cases is made, before we are consciously aware of it. Thus the paradigm is nonsense. If one is not conscious of the elements at work, which go into a final choice, it cannot in any way be said to be "free", as one is not in control of what is going on sub-consciously.
I was using free will in a different way. I was going along the lines of you making the decision, doesn't matter if it is concious or subconcious, it is still the brain, which makes up you, making the decision.

I know all about the free will debunked thing.

By arguing for "free will" I am making a statement that God isn't in control of me, I am, the subconcious is still part of me, and thus it is me controlling me, without me relizing it.

Can yo understand now, or is it still a bad line of thinking?

27-08-2012, 12:31 AM
(27-08-2012 12:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:20 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Yes, power causes one to sit in committee meetings. Ugh.

As far as 'free will" goes, most theists think there is a "choice" being made on the conscious level. In fact MRI technology has proven decsions, in may cases is made, before we are consciously aware of it. Thus the paradigm is nonsense. If one is not conscious of the elements at work, which go into a final choice, it cannot in any way be said to be "free", as one is not in control of what is going on sub-consciously.
I was using free will in a different way. I was going along the lines of you making the decision, doesn't matter if it is concious or subconcious, it is still the brain, which makes up you, making the decision.

By argueing for free will I am making a statement that God isn't in control of me, I am, the subconcious is still oart of me, and thus it is me controlling me, without me relizing it.

No that makes sense. It's just not what theists mean when they talk about free will.
Free will, to them, is not free from god. It's that human minds possess the ability to make a conscious choice to go one way or another way, in making the choice.

27-08-2012, 12:37 AM
(27-08-2012 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I was using free will in a different way. I was going along the lines of you making the decision, doesn't matter if it is concious or subconcious, it is still the brain, which makes up you, making the decision.

By argueing for free will I am making a statement that God isn't in control of me, I am, the subconcious is still oart of me, and thus it is me controlling me, without me relizing it.

No that makes sense. It's just not what theists mean when they talk about free will.
Free will, to them, is not free from god. It's that human minds possess the ability to make a conscious choice to go one way or another way, in making the choice.

Oh, I know that, but I just wanted fo clarify what I mean by "Free Will" seeing as it departs from the theistic interpretation.

Anyways, I wonder how KC will respond, lol.

27-08-2012, 08:05 AM
(26-08-2012 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Déjà vu? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post