Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
27-08-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(27-08-2012 12:37 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(27-08-2012 12:31 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No that makes sense. It's just not what theists mean when they talk about free will.
Free will, to them, is not free from god. It's that human minds possess the ability to make a conscious choice to go one way or another way, in making the choice.

Oh, I know that, but I just wanted fo clarify what I mean by "Free Will" seeing as it departs from the theistic interpretation.

Anyways, I wonder how KC will respond, lol.

To what?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2012, 10:28 AM
(27-08-2012 10:20 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  To what?
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid157683

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
29-08-2012, 04:21 PM
if your god is real why does he acts like a jerk? he a very demanding guy.
31-08-2012, 09:04 PM
How do you deal with the problem of evil?

Ie, if god is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnibenevolent, why does he allow evil to exist?

The only answers I've heard to this are "God is testing us," (why would he need to if he were omniscient?) "God brought you into this world and he can take you out of it," (hardly benevolent!), "Satan," (is Satan more powerful than God? He's not omnipotent then), and "God's ways are not our ways / God works in mysterious ways" (piss off, you're not even trying). None of which are very convincing or compelling arguments.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
31-08-2012, 10:38 PM
(31-08-2012 09:04 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  How do you deal with the problem of evil?

Ie, if god is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnibenevolent, why does he allow evil to exist?

The only answers I've heard to this are "God is testing us," (why would he need to if he were omniscient?) "God brought you into this world and he can take you out of it," (hardly benevolent!), "Satan," (is Satan more powerful than God? He's not omnipotent then), and "God's ways are not our ways / God works in mysterious ways" (piss off, you're not even trying). None of which are very convincing or compelling arguments.

KC doesn't believe in a OmniBelevolent God, henseforth, the argument of evil won't work on his theology.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
31-08-2012, 10:40 PM
(31-08-2012 10:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 09:04 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  How do you deal with the problem of evil?

KC doesn't believe in a OmniBelevolent God, henseforth, the argument of evil won't work on his theology.

Oh? In that case his god is an immoral douchebag. Why should I worship a douchebag?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
31-08-2012, 10:42 PM
(31-08-2012 10:40 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(31-08-2012 10:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  KC doesn't believe in a OmniBelevolent God, henseforth, the argument of evil won't work on his theology.

Oh? In that case his god is an immoral douchebag. Why should I worship a douchebag?

He thinks God is unjudgeable, so he can't be a douche, nor a good person.

Dude, I am an atheist, In fact, I agree with you on God's character.

31-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Yeah, these questions are mainly addressed at KC.

Anyway, arguing that his god is unjudgeable is special pleading which is a logical fallacy so unless he has some justification for an unjudgeable god that I haven't heard before (and I've heard several) I guess that line of argument ends there because I do not respect this "god"'s right to remain unjudged. If he allows the murder of innocents, the death of babies, the rape of children, genocide, malaria, the black death, and cancer when he has the power to prevent those things then he is not worthy of being worshipped. That is a choice I make for myself; I will not worship an evil god. If that god exists. Which it does not, to any reasonable doubt.

So, what's up?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
31-08-2012, 10:47 PM
(31-08-2012 10:45 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Yeah, these questions are mainly addressed at KC.

Anyway, arguing that his god is unjudgeable is special pleading which is a logical fallacy so unless he has some justification for an unjudgeable god that I haven't heard before (and I've heard several) I guess that line of argument ends there because I do not respect this "god"'s right to remain unjudged. If he allows the murder of innocents, the death of babies, the rape of children, genocide, malaria, the black death, and cancer when he has the power to prevent those things then he is not worthy of being worshipped. That is a choice I make for myself; I will not worship an evil god. If that god exists. Which it does not, to any reasonable doubt.

Halleluajer.

Trust me, me and you are super similar in our line of thinking.

31-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Sounds good. We should hang out and make fun of the Mormons who eat at the Panara's near me every Friday. First time I ran into them it was so hard keeping my mouth shut that I ended up moving to another table. I've been thinking about going in there one day wearing my trollface shirt and a pair of underwear with masonic symbols on it on my head and trying to convert them to Pastafarianism.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post