Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
10-09-2012, 03:57 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(10-09-2012 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Your exegesis on 2 Corinthians 6 is out of left-field. There is nothing in the context that says this has to do with marriage. It is, however, used by a lot of pastors to say Christians should not marry heathens. It is, however, not what Paul said.

You're right. It isn't about marriage; however, it is directed to believers about being joined with unbelievers. It isn't addressing rejecting apostate teachings.

Quote:I could also make the same case about Romans 16 and 2 Timothy 3. Paul doesn't specifically say his advice is only for within the Church. Remember, by definition, I'm an apostate and I now am a proponent for dividing the church and being a "lover of self".

Yeah, but it was written to the church. This was specifically written to believers and was written to help them with issues that were arising within their church.

Quote:I'd even argue that Luke 10:10-12 makes a case for shunning non-believers.

That's about being rejected as believers. Again, not about shunning apostates.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2012, 03:58 PM
(10-09-2012 11:29 AM)zip_ster Wrote:  Ok maybe some of the Christ bots on this site can 'splain this to me.
Earlier this summer a 20 year old nephew on my ex wife's side was arrested and confessed to molesting a little boy, numerous times for several years.
While he was doing this, he was raising money to go on a foreign missions trip with compassion international. He was reised in a United Pentecostal Church and always wanted to preach.

Now for those of you who haven't thrown up in your mouth yet, here's the kicker. Ever since he has been in jail he has been showered with love frm this church, everyone haas been praying for him, making excuses for him and going to visit him. I have not heard ONE of these christians pention the little boy or express anything but indifference toward the victim.

If you really know me you know it took an act of will to complete that last paragraph without any four letter words.

BTW this is the same group of Christ tards that never welcomed or wanted me in their assembly, or wanted anything to do with me, and do you think they come visit me after I left the fold. bahaahah don't be silly. I am worse to them than this pedophile who was raised in their midst, and my ex's family thinks worse of me too.
These are the people who wouldn't pee on me, or anyone else who leaves the church, if I was on fire unless they could pee gasoline! Defending a pedo.

So, what say you Theists to this?? Got any explanations?
Why do you justify your own people's actions and condemn others for less. I'll be waiting. Evil_monster

That's horrible and the church should be ashamed of themselves.

No excuse for this.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
10-09-2012, 04:01 PM
(10-09-2012 03:54 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Do you really want to he what he think about your issue?
I hope you can make a long deep breath, because if he answer, he answeres in long, complicated, screwed sentence.

No I don't.

If anything, I'm terse and lucid.

There have been a few times that I babble, but it's either because I'm tired or I got distracted.

Quote:Do you ever read the appendix on a insurance policy?
Same thing, its designt to make you break ub reading and understanding.

Thats the way religios people are bow the trueth until it breaks.
And if they hear the cracking noise they shrough there shoulders and pretend it must be the wind.

I like to say, you can stir shit as long as you whish, it still remains shit.
I am an Ex-Catholic, i never has to go the way the poor boy has to, but i want to apologizes for what an adult, a respect-figure, a "man of god" has done to him.

I senceraly hope he gets good treadment and later as an adult he can go his way
without victimizing others.
Thats what happend often, the victim became the aggressor, because he dont want to be helpless anymore.
Keep an eye on him, if possible.

I have never dodged a question and flowered it up to where it wasn't decipherable.

Try again.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
10-09-2012, 04:09 PM
(10-09-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 03:40 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Your exegesis on 2 Corinthians 6 is out of left-field. There is nothing in the context that says this has to do with marriage. It is, however, used by a lot of pastors to say Christians should not marry heathens. It is, however, not what Paul said.

You're right. It isn't about marriage; however, it is directed to believers about being joined with unbelievers. It isn't addressing rejecting apostate teachings.

Quote:I could also make the same case about Romans 16 and 2 Timothy 3. Paul doesn't specifically say his advice is only for within the Church. Remember, by definition, I'm an apostate and I now am a proponent for dividing the church and being a "lover of self".

Yeah, but it was written to the church. This was specifically written to believers and was written to help them with issues that were arising within their church.

Quote:I'd even argue that Luke 10:10-12 makes a case for shunning non-believers.

Well then you can argue that everything is written to the church. Non-believers certainly don't give a fuck.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
(10-09-2012 04:09 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 03:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're right. It isn't about marriage; however, it is directed to believers about being joined with unbelievers. It isn't addressing rejecting apostate teachings.

Well then you can argue that everything is written to the church. Non-believers certainly don't give a fuck.

Most of the NT is, yes.

But there are instances where the audiences aren't specific churches and/or believers.

I don't know where the concept that books in the Bible were written to everyone everywhere. I mean, in the epistles, it specifically addresses who it is written to.

If I wrote a letter to my wife and said, "You are the greatest person I know. I love you and would do anything for you."

Would anyone in their right mind read the letter and say, "Oh wow, Jeremy thinks I'm the greatest person alive in the whole world and he would do anything for me!"

Of course not.

The Bible serves as a teaching tool to believers, yes; but, you have to consider the audience and the context of what it says before you can say "this verses says this".

10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
(10-09-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Try again.
Do you aware that this treath is 156 pages long?
I think that is more then enough place to point out what do you have to say.
I didn't read a word that aktually comes from you, its only a playback of the bible.
And if you are honest, most religios people doing exactly, what i discribed in my post.
May be you are the more efficient typ of theist, but you are still a theist.
And after all i read and listen to, i came to the conclusion, that you try to sell a lie!
Should i respect someone how's telling lie's?
As a human being, sure.
As a trustwhorty person? No!
Should i remind him of the real world?
I think no.
Time will solve that problem for me and my offspring.
A species or part of it, how constantly made the same mistakes over and over again get extinct, sooner or later.
The theist have become unable to adapt mentaly, they have no need to, because they have allready found the truth.
They are taking there book and stretch and squees it in all parts of there lifes, expecting the same behavior from all of us.
Worldwide studys showing a clear link between strong theists beliefs and the lack of education and public-healt.
Thats why theist-coverment-states like iran have invented so many new things and they build fantastic cars... oh, no, sorry, thats my country, germany... a bit less theistig then Iran, i think, but how knows, we have the pope.
And please spear me the benefits of your great protector, he aktually acomplished nothing.
Hm...maybe that is a question for you.

Which great invention, in the last one hundred jears, was directly invented by a theist?

And, yes, i am guilty at my own statement. This text is to long!

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
10-09-2012, 10:17 PM
(10-09-2012 05:27 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Do you aware that this treath is 156 pages long?
I think that is more then enough place to point out what do you have to say.

Are you aware that this is Ask a Theist? I'm not trying to say what I have to say. I'm answering questions.

Quote:I didn't read a word that aktually comes from you, its only a playback of the bible.

So you condemn me and make false accusation based on willful ignorance? You stereotype me and make assumptions about what I believe?

You do realize that you are doing EXACTLY what many atheist claim theists do about them.

...but somehow it's all right for you to do it because you're an atheist and I'm a theist?

And, yet... I'm getting called the intellectually dishonest one...

Quote:And if you are honest, most religios people doing exactly, what i discribed in my post.

Most as in whom? Stop generalizing.

Quote:May be you are the more efficient typ of theist, but you are still a theist.

So that automatically makes me a what? Are you implying that because I'm a theist I do what you described in your post? We already know that I don't, so what are you trying to say?

I'm more honest and willing to have a discussion than most people, regardless of their religion or lack there of.

What am I more efficient at? Why are you stereotyping?

Quote:And after all i read and listen to, i came to the conclusion, that you try to sell a lie!

Read what? You said you didn't read anything of mine but somehow concluded that I'm too wordy, dodge questions, hide my intentions, and try to "sell" what I believe.

I really don't need to address this because anyone who has spent 5 minutes talking to me knows exactly where I stand on this issue.

Quote:Should i respect someone how's telling lie's?
As a human being, sure.
As a trustwhorty person? No!

That's a false dilemma. If a person is deluded (as you think) then their delusion is truth to them; therefore, it has no bearing on whether or not they are honest.

Again, don't really have to prove myself... anyone who has taken a few minutes to converse with me knows I'm honest.

Quote:Should i remind him of the real world?
I think no.

Good. I'm well aware of the real world.

Moreover, a delusion doesn't affect perception of reality.

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

Quote:Time will solve that problem for me and my offspring.
A species or part of it, how constantly made the same mistakes over and over again get extinct, sooner or later.

I... what?

Quote:The theist have become unable to adapt mentaly, they have no need to, because they have allready found the truth.

Again, not true. Generalization. I know plenty of theists are well adapated mentally.

Quote:They are taking there book and stretch and squees it in all parts of there lifes, expecting the same behavior from all of us.

I don't. Many other Christians don't expect non-Christians to follow the Bible. In fact, they would think it strange if they did.

Quote:Worldwide studys showing a clear link between strong theists beliefs and the lack of education and public-healt.

Are you sure that's theism behind it? Or are there other factors affecting this? Just because sapphires are blue and so is water doesn't mean the ocean is made of sapphires.

Quote:Thats why theist-coverment-states like iran have invented so many new things and they build fantastic cars... oh, no, sorry, thats my country, germany... a bit less theistig then Iran, i think, but how knows, we have the pope.

I'm not a Muslim.

Quote:And please spear me the benefits of your great protector, he aktually acomplished nothing.
Hm...maybe that is a question for you.

What?

Quote:Which great invention, in the last one hundred jears, was directly invented by a theist?

Wright Brothers
Allen Sandage
Enrico Fermi
Michael Polanyi
Niels Bohr
Guglielmo Marconi
Henry Ford
Max Planck
Nicola Tesla
Alexander Graham Bell
Thomas Edison

And these were just the Christians. Pretty important stuff those guys did...

Quote:And, yes, i am guilty at my own statement. This text is to long!

You seem to practice hypocrisy quite well.

10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
(10-09-2012 10:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:And, yes, i am guilty at my own statement. This text is to long!

You seem to practice hypocrisy quite well.

I really wish people would lay off this hypocrisy word... I'm pretty sure most people who comment in this thread including Marco the Warrior mean what they say. To accuse them of hypocrisy... I think that's kinda rude. Naughty man.

'Rora! Put KC in the naughty chair Angry
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-09-2012, 12:02 AM
(10-09-2012 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-09-2012 10:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You seem to practice hypocrisy quite well.

I really wish people would lay off this hypocrisy word... I'm pretty sure most people who comment in this thread including Marco the Warrior mean what they say. To accuse them of hypocrisy... I think that's kinda rude. Naughty man.

'Rora! Put KC in the naughty chair Angry

Pretty sure it's hypocritical to condemn something and then do that which you condemn.

But mostly, it was a sardonic response to his unfounded assessment and accusations.

Edit: morondog, I don't think you read accurately. I didn't say he didn't mean what he said.

11-09-2012, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2012 12:10 AM by Free Thought.)
So, KC, I'm just wondering; what drew you here?

(sorry if already asked!)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.