Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(11-09-2012 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 04:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm not sure on what you consider "facts".

Christians consider the Bible as fact and follow its teachings. The Bible teaches a Calvinistic point of view, so that would be my "facts".

And non-religious scholars agree that the Bible is not factual, that it is concocted.
It is only the circular reasoning of faith/evidence that supports your theses.

Have I ever denied that?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Logica, does that answer the question?

11-09-2012, 04:15 PM
(11-09-2012 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-09-2012 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  And non-religious scholars agree that the Bible is not factual, that it is concocted.
It is only the circular reasoning of faith/evidence that supports your theses.

Have I ever denied that?

Just letting all the n00bs in on it.Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-09-2012, 09:29 AM
(11-09-2012 04:10 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Logica, does that answer the question?

No it does not. You have not sufficient evidence to support the Bible, let alone your beliefs. I find it sad that you willingly admit it as well.

Quote:A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.[1] Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process).[1] As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.
Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

You are officially insane in my book. Sorry.

Additionally, your infantile whining whenever someone calls you out on your intellectual dishonesty is rather disappointing. Your constant defense is, "It's not fair!" or, "That's not fair!" Really? Tell me how it isn't. You are not interested in debating. You are not interested in learning. Tell me, since your goal is obviously not to learn, what is the point to your membership here?

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
(12-09-2012 09:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  No it does not. You have not sufficient evidence to support the Bible, let alone your beliefs. I find it sad that you willingly admit it as well.

I've admitted that my beliefs are faith based and cannot be proved through empirical evidence. Why is that sad? It's honest.

Quote:You are officially insane in my book. Sorry.

That's fine.

Quote:Additionally, your infantile whining whenever someone calls you out on your intellectual dishonesty is rather disappointing. Your constant defense is, "It's not fair!" or, "That's not fair!" Really? Tell me how it isn't. You are not interested in debating. You are not interested in learning. Tell me, since your goal is obviously not to learn, what is the point to your membership here?

It's a legitimate defense. It's not whining. Arguments and debates need to be fair. Just calling it out.

I am interested in debating. I'm not interested in using fallacious assertions as part of the debate.

12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am interested in debating. I'm not interested in using fallacious assertions as part of the debate.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Laughat Frusty Laugh out load Hobo

You absolutely kill me!Clap

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
(12-09-2012 10:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am interested in debating. I'm not interested in using fallacious assertions as part of the debate.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Laughat Frusty Laugh out load Hobo

You absolutely kill me!Clap

About me, that is.

12-09-2012, 10:51 AM
(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've admitted that my beliefs are faith based and cannot be proved through empirical evidence. Why is that sad? It's honest.

You admit it, and yet you continue to believe it. That's what is sad.

(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's fine.

Only supports my argument.

(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a legitimate defense. It's not whining. Arguments and debates need to be fair. Just calling it out.

Tell me how it is an unfair argument? It is completely true. You either prove to use you are not intellectually dishonest, or you can get off your high horse.

Really? Because your entire argument is a fallacy.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
(12-09-2012 10:51 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I've admitted that my beliefs are faith based and cannot be proved through empirical evidence. Why is that sad? It's honest.

You admit it, and yet you continue to believe it. That's what is sad.

(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That's fine.

Only supports my argument.

(12-09-2012 10:31 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's a legitimate defense. It's not whining. Arguments and debates need to be fair. Just calling it out.

Tell me how it is an unfair argument? It is completely true. You either prove to use you are not intellectually dishonest, or you can get off your high horse.

Really? Because your entire argument is a fallacy.

May I remind you what this thread is.

It's not a thread debating theism and atheism. It's a thread asking me questions and me answering them on the basis of my theism.

Attacking my sanity and logic isn't what this thread is about, and in other threads, I don't ask for "fairness". It's the simple fact that if you are asking me questions about my theism, then you are accepting the fact that my beliefs are different and maybe even wacky, but you're interested in my point of view and/or how I explain something.

Saying that my entire belief is a fallacy isn't relevant. I already know that you think this, and basing your arguments towards me on this is a bit silly as it doesn't serve the purpose of this thread.

If you're asking me to prove empirically my claims about God and the Bible without using the Bible as an authority is impossible for me. The foundation of these beliefs lies on the fact that I have faith in them. Faith cannot be proved empirically. I have never hidden this fact.

If you think I'm insane for believing this, that's fine. You're not hurting my feelings.

However, if you wish to continue trying to debate with me to prove this empirically, I cannot. Again, I've never claimed that I could. So... you win? I guess? If that's what you're trying to prove.

What I can do is offer my interpretations on a variety of things, but you have to accept that I used the Bible as an authority based on my faith. That's why I outlined the rules in my first post.

If you're not interested in this, then I guess there isn't anything else you and I can discuss.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 11:47 AM by Logica Humano.)
(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  May I remind you what this thread is.

I already know.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's not a thread debating theism and atheism. It's a thread asking me questions and me answering them on the basis of my theism.

I asked, you didn't answer. Prove to me how you are not intellectual dishonest.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Attacking my sanity and logic isn't what this thread is about, and in other threads, I don't ask for "fairness". It's the simple fact that if you are asking me questions about my theism, then you are accepting the fact that my beliefs are different and maybe even wacky, but you're interested in my point of view and/or how I explain something.

I am asking how you can justify your beliefs. You, evidently, cannot.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Saying that my entire belief is a fallacy isn't relevant. I already know that you think this, and basing your arguments towards me on this is a bit silly as it doesn't serve the purpose of this thread.

It isn't that I think it is. It is.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you're asking me to prove empirically my claims about God and the Bible without using the Bible as an authority is impossible for me. The foundation of these beliefs lies on the fact that I have faith in them. Faith cannot be proved empirically. I have never hidden this fact.

Then why do you believe?

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you think I'm insane for believing this, that's fine. You're not hurting my feelings.

It wasn't meant to. I rarely resort to ad hominems. But what you are doing, sadly enough, is insane.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  However, if you wish to continue trying to debate with me to prove this empirically, I cannot. Again, I've never claimed that I could. So... you win? I guess? If that's what you're trying to prove.

No. I am not trying to win anything. I am asking why you think it is reasonable to believe as such.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  What I can do is offer my interpretations on a variety of things, but you have to accept that I used the Bible as an authority based on my faith. That's why I outlined the rules in my first post.

I have. Now it is your turn to justify your assertion that the Bible is a reasonable foundation for any belief.

(12-09-2012 11:28 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  If you're not interested in this, then I guess there isn't anything else you and I can discuss.

I am interested in how you are able to reasonably justify your fallacious beliefs. And, if you cannot justify them and you persist in the delusion, how you can disagree with my assertion that you are insane.

[+] 4 users Like Logica Humano's post