Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
28-09-2012, 01:05 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(28-09-2012 01:01 PM)Chase Wrote:  How come your god sends gay boys like me to Hell but is chill when it comes to slavery?

KC thinks he is a Calvinist, and thereby does not believe God is benevolent.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2012, 01:25 PM
(28-09-2012 01:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 01:01 PM)Chase Wrote:  How come your god sends gay boys like me to Hell but is chill when it comes to slavery?

KC thinks he is a Calvinist, and thereby does not believe God is benevolent.

Robert Ingersol did say Calvin was the most honest Bible believer in his Why I am Agnostic orate.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
[+] 1 user Likes Chase's post
28-09-2012, 03:11 PM
(28-09-2012 01:25 PM)Chase Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 01:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  KC thinks he is a Calvinist, and thereby does not believe God is benevolent.

Robert Ingersol did say Calvin was the most honest Bible believer in his Why I am Agnostic orate.

I would go as far to say that the Calvinist is one of the most intellectually dishonest forms of belief to date.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
28-09-2012, 03:21 PM
(28-09-2012 03:11 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-09-2012 01:25 PM)Chase Wrote:  Robert Ingersol did say Calvin was the most honest Bible believer in his Why I am Agnostic orate.

I would go as far to say that the Calvinist is one of the most intellectually dishonest forms of belief to date.
Calvin was also heavily involved in the beheading of the founder of Unititarianism (Universalism of late, in some cases) whom he deemed a dangerous heretic. CEvil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
29-09-2012, 01:21 AM
K.C. I knew a very intelligent person who is a Christian, several years ago whom I had known for many years, who told me that if something or someone could absolutely prove that God does not exist, he would still deny that truth. I thought it such a fantastic statement, and I believe this person is not alone in his assertion. What can you tell me about this?
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM
(28-09-2012 07:14 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-09-2012 02:42 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As evidence that is evaluated by my personal experiences.

Interesting how your scrutiny is more prevalent when it pertains to others' personal experiences, but you don't maintain the same scrutiny for yours. If you saw a chair floating in the air, what would be your first assumption as to what causes it?

Whose personal experience have you ever seen me scrutinize? I've never done that.

Also, my reaction would be, "Holy crap, a floating chair!"

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM

I honestly believe that there are some elect homosexuals.

Also, the slavery thing was instructions on how to deal with a social issue of that time period.

01-10-2012, 09:12 AM
(28-09-2012 01:25 PM)Chase Wrote:  Robert Ingersol did say Calvin was the most honest Bible believer in his Why I am Agnostic orate.

No, no it isn't.

It accepts that idea that if God is all powerful and all knowing then He actively chooses bad things to happen.

01-10-2012, 09:13 AM
(29-09-2012 01:21 AM)depat Wrote:  K.C. I knew a very intelligent person who is a Christian, several years ago whom I had known for many years, who told me that if something or someone could absolutely prove that God does not exist, he would still deny that truth. I thought it such a fantastic statement, and I believe this person is not alone in his assertion. What can you tell me about this?

What can I tell you about what a person said that you know and I don't know?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Well...

Maybe, his own personal convictions and faith are so strong that nothing would be able to jar it.

01-10-2012, 09:29 AM

What's dishonest about it? It's an attempt to reconcile all the confusing beliefs in the Bible and is actually probably the most "reasonable" interpretation of the text. It's not dishonest, it's just delusional and antiquated by about 400 years.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel