Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(05-10-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 01:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Care to elaborate?

Completely sound, normal, rational people like me have certain personal experiences that change the way they believe.

Dude, that's precisely the definition of a delusion. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2012, 06:48 PM
(01-10-2012 03:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Define "here".

"Here" has been defined. Now please answer my question.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
05-10-2012, 07:23 PM
(05-10-2012 02:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I am sound, normal, and rational except I had a personal experience that says contrary.

I disagree, from my limited experiences with you, you base your life(belief wise) on something irrational.

Hypothetically:

I had a personal experience with Susanne the Reality Shifting Caps Lock Button, telling me to use CAPS LOCK on all of my future posts.

Should I base my posts on this? Maybe even worship the button, honour it in some way?

Or am I simply being irrational by accepting the experience actually happened?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-10-2012, 10:56 PM
(05-10-2012 04:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 01:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Completely sound, normal, rational people like me have certain personal experiences that change the way they believe.

Dude, that's precisely the definition of a delusion. Drinking Beverage

Liek d00d! Thumbsup
06-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Okay kingschosen, I am taking you up on your offer (or any other Theist that happens to be roaming around.) This is a warning, this thread is ridiculously long for me to read so I hope you haven't been asked yet. I will assume you believe that our strides in science are factual, correct me if I am wrong.

Modern humans are roughly 200,000 years old. If the Christian God just showed up 2 to 3 thousand years ago what the hell was going on between then? God just let everyone go to heaven? Why would he be silent for so long? Were sins non-existent? If there were sins, how would humans have known? Of course there are probably hundreds of other questions that I think are completely illogical by Christians reckoning, but this topic just happened to be the one that popped into my head tonight. I am not trying to offend you, or convert you. You can worship a ham sandwich for all I care, just curious on this topic.

Follow up questions, why would a Christian choose to be so active on a forum dedicated to Atheism without actively trying to convert us? Do we just make better company than your Christian compatriots? I'm not complaining, I enjoy hearing you posts, and think you are a fine fellow, again, just curious.

06-10-2012, 05:30 AM
Yes, I am curious as to why you are here on the forum as well. To me, there seems to be no reason other than intellectual dishonesty.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
06-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Why don't you see anything wrong with your theology?... It seems to painfully obvious that your ideas seek to devalue everything that is considered "Human"

The love, and the human "spirit" to persevere.

Be honest bro, because this is why I really think your theology is crazy.

Why are you perfectly alright in thinking that you couldn't love your wife without God? Or that your kids couldn't be here without God's permission. Or that your parents love is really the love God ALLOWED them to have?

Just tell me how you could be fine with thinking that humans are but mere shells for God to inject his own will into?

Are we nothing but objects? Or are we simply parts of God, since God controls, or preplans everything, does that mean we are simply extension of what God is. If so, why can we lie, yet it says God is not the Author of confusion, or God can't deny himself, then why are there atheists?

Do you think that human independance from the tyrant you call God is even possible?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM
(06-10-2012 05:30 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, I am curious as to why you are here on the forum as well. To me, there seems to be no reason other than intellectual dishonesty.

His God is testing him. What eludes me is the purpose of the test. Since it can't affect the outcome of his election to heaven, what's its point?

And now we like him, so he's not allowed to leave 'cause we know who he is and where he lives. And we have agents in place in the event he ever goes off the reservation rogue. Evil_monster

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
(07-10-2012 01:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 05:30 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Yes, I am curious as to why you are here on the forum as well. To me, there seems to be no reason other than intellectual dishonesty.

His God is testing him. What eludes me is the purpose of the test. Since it can't affect the outcome of his election to heaven, what's its point?

His God is a dickhead. Seriously. Just likes fuckin' with people.Consider

Quote:And now we like him, so he's not allowed to leave 'cause we know who he is and where he lives. And we have agents in place in the event he ever goes off the reservation rogue. Evil_monster

What you mean 'we'?Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-10-2012, 02:01 PM
(07-10-2012 01:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 01:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And now we like him, so he's not allowed to leave 'cause we know who he is and where he lives. And we have agents in place in the event he ever goes off the reservation rogue. Evil_monster

What you mean 'we'?Drinking Beverage

Yeah, but you're an ornery old cuss who pretty much don't like nobody, so your opinion don't add much information. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus