Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
07-10-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(07-10-2012 01:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And now we like him, so he's not allowed to leave 'cause we know who he is and where he lives. And we have agents in place in the event he ever goes off the reservation rogue. Evil_monster

I find a hard time liking him whenever his beliefs come to my mind. Drinking Beverage

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
(07-10-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 01:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And now we like him, so he's not allowed to leave 'cause we know who he is and where he lives. And we have agents in place in the event he ever goes off the reservation rogue. Evil_monster

I find a hard time liking him whenever his beliefs come to my mind. Drinking Beverage

Why his metaphysics make anything more than a shit-stain on your underwear difference to you? They don't bother me in the least. He can believe whatever the fuck he wants, don't make no nevermind to me. And while believing in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity might have some affect on my opinion that you might be a bit weak in the head, that don't mean I can't like you. Hell, if I felt like that I'd have to blacklist me mum.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-10-2012, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 05:10 AM by Logica Humano.)
(07-10-2012 09:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I find a hard time liking him whenever his beliefs come to my mind. Drinking Beverage

Why his metaphysics make anything more than a shit-stain on your underwear difference to you? They don't bother me in the least. He can believe whatever the fuck he wants, don't make no nevermind to me. And while believing in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity might have some affect on my opinion that you might be a bit weak in the head, that don't mean I can't like you. Hell, if I felt like that I'd have to blacklist me mum.

It doesn't bother you that he believes that everyone that isn't just like him, is going to hell? Part of a sick game, and because he is a pussy and fears death, he, in his mind, condemns everyone to an eternal torture for his own "Christian" self-esteem. I can't like an egocentric, sadistic, deluded person.

I will tolerate him, accept him, but I cannot like him.

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
08-10-2012, 12:41 PM
(08-10-2012 01:47 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-10-2012 09:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why his metaphysics make anything more than a shit-stain on your underwear difference to you? They don't bother me in the least. He can believe whatever the fuck he wants, don't make no nevermind to me. And while believing in some bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity might have some affect on my opinion that you might be a bit weak in the head, that don't mean I can't like you. Hell, if I felt like that I'd have to blacklist me mum.

It doesn't bother you that he believes that everyone that isn't just like him, is going to hell? Part of a sick game, and because he is a pussy and fears death, he, in his mind, condemns everyone to an eternal torture for his own "Christian" self-esteem. I can't like an egocentric, sadistic, deluded person.

It's *reality* to him dude. Poor old KC's got the worst case of 'well we're all totally fucked either way' that I've ever seen Tongue Thing about his reality is that according to its tenets, he hasn't got a snowball's chance in... well, hell, of *doing* anything about all of us going to hell, so he might as well make jokes with us...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2012 02:46 PM by Logica Humano.)
(08-10-2012 12:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 01:47 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It doesn't bother you that he believes that everyone that isn't just like him, is going to hell? Part of a sick game, and because he is a pussy and fears death, he, in his mind, condemns everyone to an eternal torture for his own "Christian" self-esteem. I can't like an egocentric, sadistic, deluded person.

It's *reality* to him dude. Poor old KC's got the worst case of 'well we're all totally fucked either way' that I've ever seen Tongue Thing about his reality is that according to its tenets, he hasn't got a snowball's chance in... well, hell, of *doing* anything about all of us going to hell, so he might as well make jokes with us...

Deep down, he knows it is bullshit. And, what's more, if KC is even more insane than I think he is, and he really does believe Calvanist illogic, it does not at all negate what I said.

[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
(08-10-2012 02:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Deep down, he knows it is bullshit. And, what's more, if KC is even more insane than I think he is, and he really does believe Calvanist illogic, it does not at all negate what I said.

It does Drinking Beverage

Laughat Hehehe. Just wanted to piss you off Tongue

We're all different. Girly and me can't give two shits, you get tense... you're original comment was "it doesn't bother you... ?" and yeah, was just providing some background to why it doesn't.
08-10-2012, 02:57 PM
(08-10-2012 02:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-10-2012 02:41 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Deep down, he knows it is bullshit. And, what's more, if KC is even more insane than I think he is, and he really does believe Calvanist illogic, it does not at all negate what I said.

It does Drinking Beverage

Laughat Hehehe. Just wanted to piss you off Tongue

We're all different. Girly and me can't give two shits, you get tense... you're original comment was "it doesn't bother you... ?" and yeah, was just providing some background to why it doesn't.

Nope, Chuck Testa. Rolleyes

It didn't really work. Drinking Beverage

I don't get tense, I am highly critical. Dodgy

08-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Ask a Theist!

While I don't know KC personally (yet) I do recall being a believer myself. I would not characterize my experiences as "insane." I don't think that word is necessary here. Isn't "delusional" enough? What has KC done to anyone on this forum to warrant being called insane?

Also, keep in mind, no all of the fault for KCs delusion lies with him. All I can identify of his delusion is very specific and consists pretty much only of Calvinism and his own belief in his elect status. KC didn't invent Calvinism or Christianity. Both of these ideas were given to him by others who came before.

Only part of this is delusion. The rest is the perpetuation of an ancient lie. That ancient lie provides the necessary framework and real-world credibility to facilitate his delusion.

Furthermore, it doesn't sound to me like KC is ready for the truth. After all, the real world can be a scary lonely place without the right mental context.

EDIT: perhaps the best we can hope for is that after spending time reading posts from us maybe will come around.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
(08-10-2012 03:41 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

While I don't know KC personally (yet) I do recall being a believer myself. I would not characterize my experiences as "insane." I don't think that word is necessary here. Isn't "delusional" enough? What has KC done to anyone on this forum to warrant being called insane?

Also, keep in mind, no all of the fault for KCs delusion lies with him. All I can identify of his delusion is very specific and consists pretty much only of Calvinism and his own belief in his elect status. KC didn't invent Calvinism or Christianity. Both of these ideas were given to him by others who came before.

Only part of this is delusion. The rest is the perpetuation of an ancient lie. That ancient lie provides the necessary framework and real-world credibility to facilitate his delusion.

Furthermore, it doesn't sound to me like KC is ready for the truth. After all, the real world can be a scary lonely place without the right mental context.

EDIT: perhaps the best we can hope for is that after spending time reading posts from us maybe will come around.

Did you admit the lack of evidence and reason to believe in your faith, and continue to defend said religiosity to the point of indoctrinating your children? Did you condemn everyone to hell, only choosing yourself or the people you actually care about to be the chosen few to be saved from eternal torture? Let's not forget that there is no empirical criteria for a Calvinist to be elect. You just "happen" to be elect.

He was a grown man, originally an agnostic, who decided to join Calvanism. The religion does not actively recruit members, you have to find Calvinism.

Again, he has admitted the major fallacies in his faith, and continues to believe it.

I was fifteen when I accepted the inevitability of death. In addition, I am socially awkward, I suffer from an anxiety disorder, and I was indoctrinated since birth. If I can become an atheist and face this "big, bad, scary" world, surely a grown man can.

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Hay KC, if your children weren't elect, could you look them in the eyes and tell them that they are condemned to eternal torture?