Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2012, 11:14 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(31-10-2012 11:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 07:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Perhaps this essay will cause you to make up your mind. It's an interesting read either way.

Thirty pages?!?! I got one - line, even. NUTBAG! Big Grin

But I added it to my PDF pile in iBooks, so I'll scope it laterz. Thumbsup

...and I don't know wtf TT is smoking. KC is about as offensive as a box of puppies.

A box of upside down puppies.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
31-10-2012, 11:15 AM
(27-10-2012 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey KC, do you have the same stance as your brother about the special snowflake status of humanity as a species (see his intro thread) ? i.e. do you assert that the universe is fine tuned for human life to evolve, and if so, why?

Yes, I believe the same as him... for all the same reasons that he presented. We've had long conversations about it... although, I haven't studied it as much as he has.

ie - My belief isn't as solidified as his.

31-10-2012, 11:47 AM
(31-10-2012 11:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 07:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Perhaps this essay will cause you to make up your mind. It's an interesting read either way.

Thirty pages?!?! I got one - line, even. NUTBAG! Big Grin

...and I don't know wtf TT is smoking. KC is about as offensive as a box of puppies.

Yeah, but KC's theology is like a box of chopped up puppies.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-10-2012, 11:50 AM
(31-10-2012 11:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Thirty pages?!?! I got one - line, even. NUTBAG! Big Grin

Yeah, but KC's theology is like a box of chopped up puppies.

At least he has a theology. All you have is fingers stuck in your ears. Tongue

living word
31-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Someone please pass TT the community Prozac...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-10-2012, 12:00 PM
It doesn't matter how nice a guy KC is.
The point is that no matter how nice he is, he is still delusional and likes to spread his nonsensical "I'm elect" meme around to whoever will swallow it.
Preaching it even.
That is what I find so disturbing and is what angers me.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
31-10-2012, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 12:31 PM by Chas.)
(31-10-2012 11:50 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(31-10-2012 11:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, but KC's theology is like a box of chopped up puppies.

At least he has a theology. All you have is fingers stuck in your ears. Tongue

Better than having one's head up one's ass.

What you and some others apparently don't understand is that being open-minded means considering the evidence and arguments for another point of view, but once having weighed it and found it wanting, you don't have to go over that same ground time and time again.

Looked at the evidence, determined it was woo. Next.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-10-2012, 01:30 PM
(31-10-2012 11:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(27-10-2012 11:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey KC, do you have the same stance as your brother about the special snowflake status of humanity as a species (see his intro thread) ? i.e. do you assert that the universe is fine tuned for human life to evolve, and if so, why?

Yes, I believe the same as him... for all the same reasons that he presented. We've had long conversations about it... although, I haven't studied it as much as he has.

ie - My belief isn't as solidified as his.

er... he presented reasons?

Oh... wait... hmm... well he said he'll get back about the anthropic principle. But *me* is impatient. So: anthropic principle - What do you make of it?

Anthropic principle (my understanding): the fact of live evolving to question why life is so remarkably adapted to conditions in our little corner of the universe - conclusion that the universe is fine tuned for life *cannot* be drawn because in a universe *not* fine tuned for life, life would not be around to ask questions. i.e. the only universes where life attains the ability to question are those which *already* have the correct conditions.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
31-10-2012, 04:05 PM
(31-10-2012 12:00 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  It doesn't matter how nice a guy KC is.
The point is that no matter how nice he is, he is still delusional and likes to spread his nonsensical "I'm elect" meme around to whoever will swallow it.
Preaching it even.
That is what I find so disturbing and is what angers me.

*citation needed*

Please show me once instance of me "preaching".

31-10-2012, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2012 05:40 PM by Free Thought.)
KC, If I may hazard a guess, I'd guess that He may be referring to this very thread in specific regards to some answers you may have given, perhaps even more specifically answers referring to your alleged "elect" status which you assume for yourself.

Or he is simply irked at your "habit" of using your own religion/knowledge of said to go up against other those of other Christians (by habit, I am referring to seeing it a few times).

Both options I think may be construed as preaching to them.

Now, while I might have your attention I was wondering; why is it that humans are generally regarded as the "special" ones here on earth by theistic communities? And as such, do you think we are (all?) that special?
I ask because I hate the assumption that we are so important that we require the special design and care of a deity, it's so damned arrogant.

Hell, if I were god, I'd be making the unique creatures be the (edit) important ones, the Platypus and Goblin Shark for two, certainly not humans..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post