Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
02-11-2012, 11:09 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Woof, my post to TT was an obvious joke. If you can't see that... then well... I don't know.

Moreover, this isn't YOUR forum, nor does it belong to any group of people. People enjoy talking about this "rabble". If they didn't, then the conversations would be very short. By just looking at the A&T forum, you can tell what people like talking about.

Don't like it? You're doing the right thing by leaving. Incessantly whining about it affects everyone else by 0.0%. It only affects you.

Your child-like attitude towards me is cringe worthy. When you had a complete conniption fit with the pillow fight argument with Mystic, I stood by you and encouraged you. When you started whining and wanting to leave, I, again, asked for you to stay.

Then you had another hissy fit when I played my April's Fools joke on the forum... and now this.

I encourage other people, promote conversation, participate positively with the forum and its members, and provide my own PERSONAL time with keeping this place moderated. Your MO is whining and complaining and threatening to leave... to this, I say: Good riddance.

I've spent enough time going out of my way to be nice and caring towards you and to only have it habitually thrown back into my face. Hope you have a nice time outside TTA.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 11:13 PM
(01-11-2012 05:38 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Hello KC,

I have a question in the regards of the books that never made it in the bible.

How do you feel about them? Do you attach any importance to them? Why, or why not?

Thanks! (:
I think they are valuable tools for learning the writing styles and meanings of stories and of the mythos of that time. They provide great insight into the contemporary scripture.

I think that some are fantasy and some are spiritual. I do not think that they are inspired. The only exceptions would be the Book of Enoch and The Assumption of Moses. I believe that parts of those books are inspired; however, other parts are corrupted.

02-11-2012, 11:15 PM
(02-11-2012 11:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

How do you feel about them? Do you attach any importance to them? Why, or why not?

Thanks! (:
I think they are valuable tools for learning the writing styles and meanings of stories and of the mythos of that time. They provide great insight into the contemporary scripture.

I think that some are fantasy and some are spiritual. I do not think that they are inspired. The only exceptions would be the Book of Enoch and The Assumption of Moses. I believe that parts of those books are inspired; however, other parts are corrupted.
Now, by corrupted, what exactly do you mean? If god trained his own book, then it's not really corrupted because that's how it was intended in the first place. Or that's how I see it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
02-11-2012, 11:23 PM
(02-11-2012 11:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think they are valuable tools for learning the writing styles and meanings of stories and of the mythos of that time. They provide great insight into the contemporary scripture.

Now, by corrupted, what exactly do you mean? If god trained his own book, then it's not really corrupted because that's how it was intended in the first place. Or that's how I see it.
I mean that I believe that men, over time, just started adding and writing to the book. It's very obvious in Enoch. The first part reads almost exactly like much of the OT, and then... then it just kind of goes way off... I mean, like in a completely different direction.

Before there was a Bible, the Book of Enoch was a popular piece of literature and was actually considered "scripture" by the Jews.

Was it inspired? Maybe... maybe not. I tend to think parts of it are. It was inspired literature for the people of that time, but, for whatever reasons, God let it become corrupted.

It wouldn't be considered inspired - meaning, God chose to not have it as a part of our modern instructions.

God gives instructions and rules to different people across different time frames. He wanted Enoch to instruct the early Jews and not us.

That's just how I see it.

02-11-2012, 11:25 PM
(02-11-2012 11:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Thanks! (:

So you basically pick and choose whatever you want to believe is actually holy, right?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 2 users Like Phaedrus's post
02-11-2012, 11:26 PM
(02-11-2012 11:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:15 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Now, by corrupted, what exactly do you mean? If god trained his own book, then it's not really corrupted because that's how it was intended in the first place. Or that's how I see it.
I mean that I believe that men, over time, just started adding and writing to the book. It's very obvious in Enoch. The first part reads almost exactly like much of the OT, and then... then it just kind of goes way off... I mean, like in a completely different direction.

Before there was a Bible, the Book of Enoch was a popular piece of literature and was actually considered "scripture" by the Jews.

Was it inspired? Maybe... maybe not. I tend to think parts of it are. It was inspired literature for the people of that time, but, for whatever reasons, God let it become corrupted.

It wouldn't be considered inspired - meaning, God chose to not have it as a part of our modern instructions.

God gives instructions and rules to different people across different time frames. He wanted Enoch to instruct the early Jews and not us.

That's just how I see it.
But if there is no free will, and God planned it all (like you believe) it is all his command and there is no "HUMANS adding on to it." God is controlling the men to add lies and irrevelent information so it's not humans causing it, but merely God.

This means that God planned the book to be partly true instruction and partly false information so it is not corrupted if God intended It to be there in the first place. Remember, this is all for a plan so humans adding onto the Books of the Bible is merely God doing it by proxy.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
02-11-2012, 11:27 PM
(02-11-2012 11:25 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(02-11-2012 11:13 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I think they are valuable tools for learning the writing styles and meanings of stories and of the mythos of that time. They provide great insight into the contemporary scripture.

So you basically pick and choose whatever you want to believe is actually holy, right?
Nope.

In the Bible = inspired

I said that about Enoch and the Assumption of Moses because James quotes from them. Also, after studying the history of Enoch, I learned that it was considered "scripture".

03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Fucking Woof. What a drama queen. Big Grin

Fucking KC. Not only have you taken over this forum, but you have clouded my vision so as I cannot see it. Evil Calvinist. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
03-11-2012, 12:37 PM
(02-11-2012 11:09 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Woof, my post to TT was an obvious joke. If you can't see that... then well... I don't know.

Moreover, this isn't YOUR forum, nor does it belong to any group of people. People enjoy talking about this "rabble". If they didn't, then the conversations would be very short. By just looking at the A&T forum, you can tell what people like talking about.

Don't like it? You're doing the right thing by leaving. Incessantly whining about it affects everyone else by 0.0%. It only affects you.

Your child-like attitude towards me is cringe worthy. When you had a complete conniption fit with the pillow fight argument with Mystic, I stood by you and encouraged you. When you started whining and wanting to leave, I, again, asked for you to stay.

Then you had another hissy fit when I played my April's Fools joke on the forum... and now this.

I encourage other people, promote conversation, participate positively with the forum and its members, and provide my own PERSONAL time with keeping this place moderated. Your MO is whining and complaining and threatening to leave... to this, I say: Good riddance.

I've spent enough time going out of my way to be nice and caring towards you and to only have it habitually thrown back into my face. Hope you have a nice time outside TTA.
Well it must have felt great getting that off your chest.
I feel I must justify myself, given your high degree of sensitivity .

(1) RE Mystijaybird.......my 'pillow fight' here, that person was later banned, concerned a post
arguing for the compulsory euthanasia of old people, irrespective of their physical or mental condition.
I did not ask for any support from you, while it was appreciated.

(2) 'Hissy fit'........this was partly tongue in cheek, relevant to your little joke.

(3) 'Child like attitude' I think not, over 15 months I have largely tried to avoid you, as where I have posed a serious question you have usually ignored it.

(4)If I whine more than most that's a pity; I don't think I am alone in this area. I suggest you check out my first credit provided by Stark Raving.

(5) You are quite right, if many atheists and theists enjoy your teaching that's great for all of you.

(6) As for all your caring and support;my new signature reflects this I suppose.

Have a nice time inside T.T.A..... Angel
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM
If God is perfect and he planned a murder to happen, and the person he planned to commit it did it, is that person at fault?

Is the action of murder good( since it can't possibly be bad if God ordered it) because it was planned by a perfect and immutable being? How do you accurately judge an action when you know that a perfect being who can't possibly commit anything bad planned it out and made people execute it?

Basically, how can any action which is commonly convienced as evil or wrong be actually wrong or evil when it was commited by a being in which can't be judged. How can an immutable being's actions be judged, but not that being?