Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
08-11-2012, 03:09 PM
RE: Ensoulment
(08-11-2012 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  Does the Earth go around the Sun? Why do you think that? On what evidence?

If you believe only from reason, then it is merely your opinion.
If you believe only from scripture reading, then it is merely someone else's opinion.

Of course the out is that it is peer reviewed and reproducible...
And it is testable, predictable, observable and consistent. Drinking Beverage

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
08-11-2012, 09:05 PM
(08-11-2012 03:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 01:39 PM)morondog Wrote:  Does the Earth go around the Sun? Why do you think that? On what evidence?

If you believe only from reason, then it is merely your opinion.
If you believe only from scripture reading, then it is merely someone else's opinion.

Of course the out is that it is peer reviewed and reproducible...
And it is testable, predictable, observable and consistent. Drinking Beverage
And I have pictures.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
(08-11-2012 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 03:09 PM)Vosur Wrote:  And it is testable, predictable, observable and consistent. Drinking Beverage
And I have pictures.

And math.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Ask a Theist!
(08-11-2012 09:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-11-2012 09:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  And I have pictures.

And math.

And an occasional sunburn and melanoma.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-11-2012, 12:53 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
And a theist making lists rather than answering questions on his fucking thread. Angry

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
09-11-2012, 02:20 AM
(09-11-2012 12:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And a theist making lists rather than answering questions on his fucking thread. Angry
I'll get to it, Doc. You know I will.

Just taking care of forum business first.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Lol KC
09-11-2012, 06:22 PM
(09-11-2012 06:17 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Lol KC
Lol'd by Magoo. Fucking ouch.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
(03-11-2012 03:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How do you tell the difference between what God put in there for you to follow and what God put in for you NOT to follow? What standard do you use?

Since God controls everything, that must mean he put lies and misconceptions as well as truths, but how can you tell which is which if they both come from one source?
I didn't say that God put scripture in the Bible that is corrupted. I think scripture is relative to the audience. God had inspired "scripture" for different people throughout different times. Our inspired scripture is the Bible... for us.

As for deciphering what's for us and what's for others, I think it's a simple as understanding the audience. Specific instructions are meant for the specific audience; however, that doesn't mean we can't glean anything from it. Likewise, scripture about God holds true no matter to whom it is addressed.

And yes, God orchestrated misconceptions because He orchestrated sin. He created His plan with sin; therefore, sin HAS to corrupt... everything. But then, I know your question is, "Why didn't He just create it perfect, so it wouldn't be corrupted?"

Because that's not according to His plan. If that was the case, then sin wouldn't corrupt, thus erasing the need for Christ.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Honestly KC, you only seem to be propping up your god as a horrible monstrosity, chained and prevented from enacting untold horrors on everything by only itself, in a way that allows it to still do so, only slowly and passively...

Perhaps you need to work on your pitch a little bit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.