Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
12-11-2012, 07:08 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(12-11-2012 06:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  That, and the fairy dust. Lecture_preist

(12-11-2012 06:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  And the head trauma.

OK, this is confusing for me. I know you guys have known KC for a long time and have been through almost all of these arguments before. When you post like this it's hard for me to tell whether this is random humor or references to real posts in the past. So, which is it in these cases?
N00b. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-11-2012, 07:14 PM
(12-11-2012 07:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's pretty spot on, I suppose.

With the fairy dust and head injury. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Ask a Theist!
(12-11-2012 07:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 06:34 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  OK, this is confusing for me. I know you guys have known KC for a long time and have been through almost all of these arguments before. When you post like this it's hard for me to tell whether this is random humor or references to real posts in the past. So, which is it in these cases?
N00b. Dodgy

He's been around longer than us, asshat. Laughat

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Ask a Theist!

And you feel this intangible presence possesses a sentience external to your own?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-11-2012, 10:17 PM
(12-11-2012 09:29 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  

And you feel this intangible presence possesses a sentience external to your own?
Yes, I do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-11-2012, 11:10 PM
... back to feelings...

I feel like you're 100% wrong. You feel like you're 100% right. Is there an actual truth or are we just chasing our tails ? Hee hee, ninja edit to remove fatal grammatical errors...

Your God is... impossible to detect? He only communicates through these feelings. Remind me what your position on miracles is ? Do they occur ? How would you define a miracle? 'Cos... I mean 'violation of currently understood physical law implying an invisible being dunnit' seems a bit thin to me ?
12-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Ask a Theist!
(12-11-2012 10:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 09:29 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  And you feel this intangible presence possesses a sentience external to your own?
Yes, I do.

And you trust this sentience?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
12-11-2012, 11:57 PM
I also sense a sentience, especially when sitting sideways on the scarlet settee at the seance.
If I'm silent, the secret sentience makes me sway and swoon, and soon begins to seem to smother.
So I stand and stoop to see if the super sentience soon will leave, if I'm off my sacrum.
Also so I can sail with Sam, on Santa Suzanna's shores, as that's really my scared seaside sacrament.
Bowing

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I think the biggest questions go like this. (sorry if this has been done already, I didn't read all 194 pages)

1) Is your god a just god?

2) If yes, how does a just god create someone who has absolutely NO way of attaining salvation. If he is born part of the un-elect as it were, he is predestined to go to hell, no? In what way is this just?

3) If a god is unjust in the way I described in #2, why is he worthy of my praise and worship?
15-11-2012, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2012 10:28 PM by Atothetheist.)
(10-11-2012 09:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-11-2012 03:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How do you tell the difference between what God put in there for you to follow and what God put in for you NOT to follow? What standard do you use?

Since God controls everything, that must mean he put lies and misconceptions as well as truths, but how can you tell which is which if they both come from one source?
I didn't say that God put scripture in the Bible that is corrupted. I think scripture is relative to the audience. God had inspired "scripture" for different people throughout different times. Our inspired scripture is the Bible... for us.

As for deciphering what's for us and what's for others, I think it's a simple as understanding the audience. Specific instructions are meant for the specific audience; however, that doesn't mean we can't glean anything from it. Likewise, scripture about God holds true no matter to whom it is addressed.

And yes, God orchestrated misconceptions because He orchestrated sin. He created His plan with sin; therefore, sin HAS to corrupt... everything. But then, I know your question is, "Why didn't He just create it perfect, so it wouldn't be corrupted?"

Because that's not according to His plan. If that was the case, then sin wouldn't corrupt, thus erasing the need for Christ.
There is no "need" for Christ, seeing as he is an all powerful being, such as there is no need for sin. He could make the would perfect and still have Christ sacrifice himself. Such as the will of the being.

Thus, the simple truth is, God WANTED sin, not NEEDED sin. He wanted suffering, and death, and pitiless extermination of people's that we can not judge, nor condemn for they are unknown to us.

Christ is not bound by sin, and he doesn't NEED sin, for he is all powerful.

Thus, I dare say that you have to admit that Christ could still have the same purpose and endgame even if the world IS PERFECT because God can make it so.

KC, scripture can't be relative to the person because it is not the persons perspective, but the perspective God instilled in him/her, and planned for it. A human has no responsibility for anything, and that include views on the bible.

When talking about an allpowerful God, there is no such thing as NEED.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.