Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
16-11-2012, 06:01 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(12-11-2012 10:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 09:29 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  And you feel this intangible presence possesses a sentience external to your own?
Yes, I do.
Answer: So I guess the Christian rule of thumb would exhibit
a tolerance for every Christian experiencing this “intangible presence
possessing a sentience experience”. If those Christian didn’t, then they would
be denying their own experience, wouldn’t they(?). This of course let’s their brother
in Jesus, Adolf Hitler off the hook as he only followed what his personal
intangible presence possessing a sentience base on his experiences with god AND
only as it pertains to good and evil. Then we have those other 38000 Christian denominations
and their experiences….so why don’t all of them collectively gather and sing Kum-by-ya? Angel
Oh that’s right….they all fucking hate each other…… Sad Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2012, 07:47 AM
RE: Ensoulment
(11-11-2012 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 10:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A soul is initialized at conception, but I'm not 100% on this. Truth is, I don't really know, nor do I think I'll ever know the answer to that.
OK, but why do you think that, and why aren't you sure?
KC? Are you still here?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2012, 07:53 AM
(16-11-2012 07:47 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  OK, but why do you think that, and why aren't you sure?
KC? Are you still here?
Yes, sorry. Forgot there were additional question.

Getting to them.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-11-2012, 10:06 AM
(10-11-2012 11:45 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:52 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  This argument is so trite.

You can question God's right to sovereignty. If you find that God is able to be judged, then He is not God because He is not sovereign - thus eliminating the argument all together. This argument redefines sovereignty and makes the word impotent.

The very fact that God is sovereign eliminates the ability to be judged. God is autonomous .

If you accept His sovereignty, then you accept the fact that judging Him is impossible.

I've expressed this frustration before - a non-theists that tries to disprove theology with theology. It's ridiculous. If you are talking about the Christian God in the terms of reality, you can't redefine parts of His nature and be like, "Ahh got ya now."

You can't question the Christians God's sovereignty because He is sovereign. You can question the reality of the Christian God or question how He can be sovereign and allow bad things to happen, but you cannot point out that He's suppose to be sovereign and then question His acts of sovereignty.

If He is sovereign, then yes, we can NEVER understand Him fully. It's arrogant and intellectually dishonest to question God sovereignty if there is an understanding that God is supposed to be sovereign.
Ah, but by saying God is unjudgable, aren't you Judging Him?
No, it's stating facts about His nature. Judging is a matter of opinion; not fact claiming.

16-11-2012, 10:09 AM
(10-11-2012 11:47 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 09:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not much to say on this.

He's not addressing my theology. He's addressing Arminianism.
Explain in a way on HOW he is not addressing your theology.
It's stating that God is not immutable because He changes based on our conduct.

I believe God is sovereign and doesn't change according to our conduct; moreover, He controls and preplans our behavior - this means that He isn't responsive to what we do, and the planned evil is in His accordance.

16-11-2012, 10:10 AM
(11-11-2012 08:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-11-2012 10:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A soul is initialized at conception, but I'm not 100% on this. Truth is, I don't really know, nor do I think I'll ever know the answer to that.
OK, but why do you think that, and why aren't you sure?
I think that because the Bible talks about the soul.

I'm not sure because initialization isn't addressed in the Bible.

16-11-2012, 10:11 AM
double post

16-11-2012, 10:14 AM
(12-11-2012 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... back to feelings...

I feel like you're 100% wrong. You feel like you're 100% right. Is there an actual truth or are we just chasing our tails ? Hee hee, ninja edit to remove fatal grammatical errors...

Your God is... impossible to detect? He only communicates through these feelings. Remind me what your position on miracles is ? Do they occur ? How would you define a miracle? 'Cos... I mean 'violation of currently understood physical law implying an invisible being dunnit' seems a bit thin to me ?
The elect can detect God because He is present with them.

I do believe in miracles. Yes they occur - as to their frequency - I don't know.

A miracle would be defined as something happening that defies natural laws.

16-11-2012, 10:14 AM
(12-11-2012 11:39 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 10:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, I do.

And you trust this sentience?
I do.

16-11-2012, 10:15 AM
(16-11-2012 10:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-11-2012 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... back to feelings...

I feel like you're 100% wrong. You feel like you're 100% right. Is there an actual truth or are we just chasing our tails ? Hee hee, ninja edit to remove fatal grammatical errors...

Your God is... impossible to detect? He only communicates through these feelings. Remind me what your position on miracles is ? Do they occur ? How would you define a miracle? 'Cos... I mean 'violation of currently understood physical law implying an invisible being dunnit' seems a bit thin to me ?
The elect can detect God because He is present with them.

I do believe in miracles. Yes they occur - as to their frequency - I don't know.

A miracle would be defined as something happening that defies natural laws.
Have you personally seen or experienced a miracle, defined as something that happened that defied natural laws?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel