Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
26-11-2012, 11:13 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(26-11-2012 11:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 10:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess I'm no better than Hovind then.

Ask Erxy, Stark, or Lucradis... my time served here has weirdly strengthen my Christianity.

I've moved a couple of decimal points closer to a 1 on the Dawkin's Scale. Now, I'll never be a 1 (I don't think a 1 or 7 are possible), but I can move closer.

I do believe I will always remain an agnostic theist, though.

What? No "Ask Chas?" Weeping
Well, no offense Chas, but I've been a little apprehensive in addressing you or even typing your name as of late.

Just wanted to be respectful and play it safe.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-11-2012, 11:13 AM
(26-11-2012 11:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 10:29 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess I'm no better than Hovind then.

Ask Erxy, Stark, or Lucradis... my time served here has weirdly strengthen my Christianity.

I've moved a couple of decimal points closer to a 1 on the Dawkin's Scale. Now, I'll never be a 1 (I don't think a 1 or 7 are possible), but I can move closer.

I do believe I will always remain an agnostic theist, though.

What? No "Ask Chas?" Weeping
We all know how you view his illogic. I am not too different from you in that regard either. Drinking Beverage I am simply telling KC that none of this really irks me, and that it only disappoints me.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
26-11-2012, 11:14 AM
(26-11-2012 10:43 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  KC -- I challenge you:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...llenge-you
I responded.

26-11-2012, 11:14 AM
(26-11-2012 11:13 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 11:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  What? No "Ask Chas?" Weeping
We all know how you view his illogic. I am not too different from you in that regard either. Drinking Beverage I am simply telling KC that none of this really irks me, and that it only disappoints me.
Again, how so?

26-11-2012, 11:15 AM
(26-11-2012 11:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 11:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  What? No "Ask Chas?" Weeping
Well, no offense Chas, but I've been a little apprehensive in addressing you or even typing your name as of late.

Just wanted to be respectful and play it safe.
We're good. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-11-2012, 11:27 AM
(26-11-2012 11:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 11:13 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  We all know how you view his illogic. I am not too different from you in that regard either. Drinking Beverage I am simply telling KC that none of this really irks me, and that it only disappoints me.
Again, how so?
Because you have displayed rationality in nearly all observed topics save theology.

26-11-2012, 11:33 AM
(26-11-2012 11:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 10:40 AM)tikidoc Wrote:  This all sounds so egocentric. There's this God who obviously wasted a whole lot of time planning out this world, and anything that anyone ever said or thought or did? Then after planning it, he makes it all happen? For what, a bunch of somewhat advanced animals on a little speck of startdust? Seems like an inordinate amount of effort on God's part. Are we really that important? And if he plans everything, what is then the point of making it all happen? And how can anyone be held responsible for their actions, if God plans it anyway? Why would you punish those who did what you made them do in the first place? Makes him sound like a very grandiose and crazy puppeteer with way too much time on his hands...
Yeah, we put way too much emphasis on we as people. The role that we play in God's ultimate plan is unknown... we could be major players or a minor blip. But, there is way more out there than just us in regards to God's plan.
Yea, but WHY do you believe this? I mean, this is a pretty convoluted story. Do you believe it because the bible tells you so? If so, why do you believe a 2000 year old book? The bible tells us tons of stuff that conflict. Why Calvinism? Many religious people, I understand to some degree because they were raised to believe. But someone who was converted later in life is especially perplexing to me... why this particular subset of Christianity?
26-11-2012, 11:33 AM
(26-11-2012 11:33 AM)tikidoc Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 11:12 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yeah, we put way too much emphasis on we as people. The role that we play in God's ultimate plan is unknown... we could be major players or a minor blip. But, there is way more out there than just us in regards to God's plan.
Yea, but WHY do you believe this? I mean, this is a pretty convoluted story. Do you believe it because the bible tells you so? If so, why do you believe a 2000 year old book? The bible tells us tons of stuff that conflict. Why Calvinism? Many religious people, I understand to some degree because they were raised to believe. But someone who was converted later in life is especially perplexing to me... why this particular subset of Christianity?
Because one day he thought he was talking with God. I know, I was just unamazed as you. Drinking Beverage

26-11-2012, 11:39 AM
(26-11-2012 11:14 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 10:43 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  KC -- I challenge you:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...llenge-you
I responded.

A shame. Drinking Beverage

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
26-11-2012, 11:39 AM
(26-11-2012 11:33 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 11:33 AM)tikidoc Wrote:  Yea, but WHY do you believe this? I mean, this is a pretty convoluted story. Do you believe it because the bible tells you so? If so, why do you believe a 2000 year old book? The bible tells us tons of stuff that conflict. Why Calvinism? Many religious people, I understand to some degree because they were raised to believe. But someone who was converted later in life is especially perplexing to me... why this particular subset of Christianity?
Because one day he thought he was talking with God. I know, I was just unamazed as you. Drinking Beverage
Huh, so we have a 200+ page thread because of a single hallucination by one man. Wow. OK, I think I need to stop clicking on "view new posts" and head over to the "positive atheism" area, which is kinda why I came here in the first place. That said, I probably won't be able to help myself...