Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
05-12-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(05-12-2012 01:11 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 01:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Are you saying that Calvinism has no holes? Shocking
None that I'm aware of.
HahahahahahahahahahAHaha! Laughat Except credibility. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM
(05-12-2012 02:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 02:36 PM)Chase200mph Wrote:  I assure you it was not sudden and incremental.....
So glad you're me and can tell me what happened to me.
No problem, anytime I can help...... there are 38000 Christian denominations, 15000 plus here in the U.S. The other 37999 say your views are not of the spirit and have been deceived. I've merely agreed with them for different reasons... so why do you act surprised unless you yourself are indeed confused?
Find all posts by this user
05-12-2012, 08:30 PM
(05-12-2012 02:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(05-12-2012 02:36 PM)Chase200mph Wrote:  I assure you it was not sudden and incremental.....
So glad you're me and can tell me what happened to me.
Thumbsup Let me expand on this a little…if god really talked to
anybody, if the Spirit really lent a helping hand to understand, if anyone
really communed with a Christian/Judean/Islamic god, there would be only ONE
denomination and only ONE bible, ONE understanding, ONE mainstream religion with
all the rest falling to the way side or never having been ill-conceived in the
first place….but there isn’t, there wasn’t and there won’t be, so you didn’t “all
of a sudden” receive an immaculate ‘perception’ from god which lead to your
belief OR you out of all those millions people and after thousands of years are
the very first in history to do so…..in short, you did NOT start believing all
of a sudden….right? Confused
07-12-2012, 08:17 PM
What's your views on Lucifer, from taking the bible literally?
08-12-2012, 11:59 AM
(07-12-2012 08:17 PM)Goat of Mendes Wrote:  What's your views on Lucifer, from taking the bible literally?
Lucifer is a Christian
made entity anyway you look at it, he was created as the bible was being rendered
and if (and I purposely use the word ‘if’ here) he was created before the time
of Saint Jerome, Lucifer is was written by the anonymous illiterates, if he was
not, then Saint Jerome could have a lot to do with his having being created at
that time.
11-12-2012, 10:30 AM
(05-12-2012 03:25 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  And what exactly is that purpose? Without the ability to choose to sin or not, then there is no purpose for its existence.

Because in order for Christ to be able to atone for sin, there had to be sin.

Quote:Why not? Why can your god not do it without the sacrifice?

Because there would be no need for election without sin. Everyone would be elected, and there would be no need for Christ; thus, eliminating election all together.

Quote:If you don't "willingly" do anything, how could you have made the choice to "accept, God's sovereignty".
The choice was made for you.
The way your god will happily create people just to suffer forever, i wouldn't be so sure you were chosen, if I were you.

That's a possible scenario. But, the fact that I accept God is evidence enough that I'm of God (states this in the Bible).

Quote:God or man A monster is still a monster, immortal or not the way it treats people should not be tolerated.

This is completely relative, again. Would you be a monster for destroying a nest of ants?

[Image: vjp09.gif]
11-12-2012, 10:31 AM
(07-12-2012 08:17 PM)Goat of Mendes Wrote:  What's your views on Lucifer, from taking the bible literally?
I believe Satan is just a pawn of God. Yes, he is completely evil, but he is also a being that God used to assign all the evil to.

11-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh please, you believe everybody is just a pawn of the Great Invisible Friend.

Dodgy

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
11-12-2012, 10:43 AM
The "nest of ants" thing is disturbing. Are you stating that we are like that "nest of ants"? The things about that nest is, . . . I don't have any care for them. They are all the same, and can be a nuisance. And I would never "die to save them". IF we are nothing more than "ants" to this god, what are even YOU to him? A pet, for a while, . . . then thrown out when it is no longer fun for 'him'? I think "nest of ants" is a poor analogy.

As for who is chosen, are you saying that anyone who "accepts god" is also "chosen"? I accepted god [in absolute sincerity] for most of my life, only realizing none of it was true about 2-3 years ago. I was absolutely certain of it, at that time. Was I "one of the elect"? You'd probably say 'no', considering my current state. However, . . . if I had died at that time, . . . . . would I have still gone to hell because I actually WASN'T "one of the chosen"? Could you be one "created for damnation" even though you firmly believe?
11-12-2012, 10:47 AM
(11-12-2012 10:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Oh please, you believe everybody is just a pawn of the Great Invisible Friend.

Dodgy
Like I've said before... everyone has to be if He is sovereign.