Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
17-12-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(15-12-2012 09:18 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  so if you accept evolution then im sure you agree that the adam and eve story is obviously not something that actually happend. just a metaphor right? if this is the case then there is no original sin.. the question is if there is no original sin then whats the point of jesus dying for our sins?
Yes, no OS. God created sin for a purpose.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 01:01 PM
(17-12-2012 11:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 12:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I can't fathom how you can believe something this utterly irrational. God had to order his adherents to slaughter innocent men and children and take the virgins for themselves in order to preserve the Messianic line? Really?
It was part of keeping the line pure.

Again... God is a God of order. Since sin is in the world, sin shows its attributes in all.
That makes absolutely no sense whatever. How is raping women from an 'inferior' tribe 'keeping the line pure'?

Only in some deranged, patriarchal, sadistic, fantasy world is this even intelligible.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
17-12-2012, 01:12 PM
(17-12-2012 12:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-12-2012 09:18 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  so if you accept evolution then im sure you agree that the adam and eve story is obviously not something that actually happend. just a metaphor right? if this is the case then there is no original sin.. the question is if there is no original sin then whats the point of jesus dying for our sins?
Yes, no OS. God created sin for a purpose.
Because it's so much darn fun!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-12-2012, 01:30 PM
AW: RE: Ask a Theist!
(17-12-2012 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 11:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It was part of keeping the line pure.

Again... God is a God of order. Since sin is in the world, sin shows its attributes in all.
That makes absolutely no sense whatever. How is raping women from an 'inferior' tribe 'keeping the line pure'?

Only in some deranged, patriarchal, sadistic, fantasy world is this even intelligible.
Yes. It sounds like something Hitler would've said. Wiping out the Jews to keep the Aryan line pure. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
17-12-2012, 01:36 PM
RE: AW: Ask a Theist!
(17-12-2012 01:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  That makes absolutely no sense whatever. How is raping women from an 'inferior' tribe 'keeping the line pure'?

Yes. It sounds like something Hitler would've said. Wiping out the Jews to keep the Aryan line pure. Drinking Beverage
[Image: 6a00d8341c5ced53ef01157084f9c8970c-320wi]

17-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Besides which. omnipotent God doesn't have to kill people to keep some kind of deranged racial purity going either.

Tell me KC, which protocell was of the messianic line ? Did it have a halo ? Which ape ancestor was the blessed one ? And did God carry out genocide against the Neanderthals to make sure they didn't fuck his precious daughters he was lining up for breeding ? What would have prevented him from making them unfuckable anyway ? Or just making the would-be fucker gay ?
17-12-2012, 01:48 PM
(17-12-2012 01:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Besides which. omnipotent God doesn't have to kill people to keep some kind of deranged racial purity going either.

Tell me KC, which protocell was of the messianic line ? Did it have a halo ? Which ape ancestor was the blessed one ? And did God carry out genocide against the Neanderthals to make sure they didn't fuck his precious daughters he was lining up for breeding ? What would have prevented him from making them unfuckable anyway ? Or just making the would-be fucker gay ?
I have no idea.

Nor would I ever have an idea. That's a question I can't answer.

17-12-2012, 02:13 PM
(17-12-2012 11:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 12:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I can't fathom how you can believe something this utterly irrational. God had to order his adherents to slaughter innocent men and children and take the virgins for themselves in order to preserve the Messianic line? Really?
It was part of keeping the line pure.

17-12-2012, 02:19 PM
(17-12-2012 01:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 01:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  Besides which. omnipotent God doesn't have to kill people to keep some kind of deranged racial purity going either.

I have no idea.

Nor would I ever have an idea. That's a question I can't answer.
Is God's plan. Don't question the plan ? Doesn't strike you as wasteful ? God is many times referred to in the Bible as merciful - all those times were metaphorical ? Or it was 'phew, the asshole didn't kill us this time, praise the Lord '?
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Order equates death not life. The very air you breath is chaotic and if placed in an orderly state it would kill you. Warmth is chaos absolute zero is order and even the atom no longer exist.....so your god is therefore a god of death.