Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
15-03-2013, 03:48 PM
Ask a Theist!
(15-03-2013 03:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 02:53 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Accurate, but perhaps a bit too terse.

Hard to know what else to say. :coffee:

I agree one runs the risk of exploding into a 200+ page thread if one goes into more detail.

KC again reminds us about posts per page settings in 3...2...1...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 04:55 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Here's my serious question thrown your way KC. I hope that no repetition is going on as I stopped trying to catch up by page 10.

Does your family and friends know that your a moderator for an atheist forum and if so, do you find that they worry that you'll be influenced by all the heathens out there?

Just an outsider looking inn.
15-03-2013, 05:12 PM
(15-03-2013 04:55 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Here's my serious question thrown your way KC. I hope that no repetition is going on as I stopped trying to catch up by page 10.

Does your family and friends know that your a moderator for an atheist forum and if so, do you find that they worry that you'll be influenced by all the heathens out there?

Oh boy, that is a doozy.

It wasn't his choice you see.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
17-03-2013, 09:37 AM
Here's my thoughts on 5 point Calvinism. Is it POSSIBLE that a person "knows without a doubt that they are saved", . . . yet are not "one of the chosen"? Because people can be deceived in their own mind about a great many things, . . . it would seem that the answer would have to be "yes". So, . . . would you choose to "serve a god" who would still cast you into hell regardless of a lifetime of [even] sincere worship?
26-03-2013, 01:50 PM
(15-03-2013 04:55 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Here's my serious question thrown your way KC. I hope that no repetition is going on as I stopped trying to catch up by page 10.

Yes, they are aware.

And no, they don't care or think I will be affected.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-03-2013, 01:52 PM
(17-03-2013 09:37 AM)DeavonReye Wrote:  Here's my thoughts on 5 point Calvinism. Is it POSSIBLE that a person "knows without a doubt that they are saved", . . . yet are not "one of the chosen"? Because people can be deceived in their own mind about a great many things, . . . it would seem that the answer would have to be "yes". So, . . . would you choose to "serve a god" who would still cast you into hell regardless of a lifetime of [even] sincere worship?
If you aren't elect, you can't choose God. You can only have faith in God if God gives you that faith.

26-03-2013, 02:31 PM
(26-03-2013 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 04:55 PM)Foxcanine1 Wrote:  Does your family and friends know that your a moderator for an atheist forum and if so, do you find that they worry that you'll be influenced by all the heathens out there?
Yes, they are aware.

Do friends/family express intrigue... do they appear to think you might be "ministering" or "enlightening" atheists somehow?

And what about you, Kingsy? Do you feel you might be able to spread some sort of insight which might "turn" an atheist from their heathen ways?

And do you like avacados? Not in stuff like guacamole but as a stand alone fruit?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
26-03-2013, 02:34 PM
(26-03-2013 02:31 PM)kim Wrote:  
(26-03-2013 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Yes, they are aware.

Do friends/family express intrigue... do they appear to think you might be "ministering" or "enlightening" atheists somehow?

And what about you, Kingsy? Do you feel you might be able to spread some sort of insight which might "turn" an atheist from their heathen ways?

And do you like avacados? Not in stuff like guacamole but as a stand alone fruit?
1) Ummm, don't know. They probably do. They've never actually said anything about it.
2) Nah. Not my intent nor has it ever been my intent. I'm here for the fun of being here.
3) Yes. I have some in my house. I slice 'em open, pull out the seed, and start scooping. I love them.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Yea, I'm sure people either suspect you are evangelizing or are planning to form your own weirdo church, not unlike the infamous Veridican. Dodgy

Right now, our avacados are super cheap around here - .50 cents each!! I love them, too and eat at least one a day now. What do you do with the seeds? Seems like such a shame to just toss them into the compost. I've grown them but our weather here will kill them almost instantly. You have great weather down there, have you ever sprouted one and planted it outside? Shy Maybe that's a summer project for C-boy...?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-03-2013, 02:47 PM
It's quite a lot of fun to pretend your answers to the questions are in the wrong order...

Quote:And what about you, Kingsy? Do you feel you might be able to spread some sort of insight which might "turn" an atheist from their heathen ways?

Quote:Yes. I have some in my house. I slice 'em open, pull out the seed, and start scooping. I love them.

edit: OMG! I got shafted by the editor tab Angry
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post