Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(05-04-2013 07:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Damnation has to exist because of sin.

If it didn't, then Christ would be pointless.

It's a cause and an effect.

No, it's circular reasoning.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-04-2013, 07:47 AM
I don't think evenheathen's question was addressed. Why are "only a few chosen", if this god claims a "love" for all humans?
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 07:50 AM
If you sin God damns you.
God damns you because you sin.

Sin has to exist so that Christ can save you from God damning you.

God doesn't care how much of a sinner you are, if he chooses to save you, that's it. But he saves you through the agency of Christ who saves you from God damning you.

In all this God is a just and merciful God and being damned is exactly what anyone deserves.

Because merely existing is sufficient reason for you to be condemned to eternal torment.

God loves you. He hates frying you. Weeps as he prepares the charcoal, no doubt.

... KC you still not got a problem with this deity of yours ?
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-04-2013, 08:36 AM
(06-04-2013 07:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  If you sin God damns you.
God damns you because you sin.

Sin has to exist so that Christ can save you from God damning you.

God doesn't care how much of a sinner you are, if he chooses to save you, that's it. But he saves you through the agency of Christ who saves you from God damning you.

In all this God is a just and merciful God and being damned is exactly what anyone deserves.

Because merely existing is sufficient reason for you to be condemned to eternal torment.

God loves you. He hates frying you. Weeps as he prepares the charcoal, no doubt.

... KC you still not got a problem with this deity of yours ?

All I am thinking is how wonderful if we could make use of the hell right now. Pour in water, install the turbines and we would get unlimited electricity ! Build a forge and we would get very cheap iron and steel !

Why couldn't we make use of the hell right now? What a waste for the charcoal.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 7 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Hay. Hi. Been a while. Salutations. Hairy dicks.

KC, really quick, since I do not have the time to look through all of the thousands of posts on your thread so magnificently full of special pleading (I am fucking with you)... I need to ask you about the stance your brand of Calvanism possesses on the idea of an omnibenevolent God, how that God can be so with its dictating the very will of every being, and how it can be justified. I am in a debate with some shmo at school and I need an answer. Thanks in advance.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-04-2013, 06:43 PM
(06-04-2013 06:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Hay. Hi. Been a while. Salutations. Hairy dicks.

KC, really quick, since I do not have the time to look through all of the thousands of posts on your thread so magnificently full of special pleading (I am fucking with you)... I need to ask you about the stance your brand of Calvanism possesses on the idea of an omnibenevolent God, how that God can be so with its dictating the very will of every being, and how it can be justified. I am in a debate with some shmo at school and I need an answer. Thanks in advance.

Good to have you back, LH!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-04-2013, 06:47 PM
(06-04-2013 06:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Hay. Hi. Been a while. Salutations. Hairy dicks.

Good to have you back, LH!

Good to be back. I feel like I need to get back into the swing of things, so I am going to avoid political debates (though that was the plan to begin with). They become so opinionated and ridiculously pointless, that was among one of the reasons I decided to take a break.

I actually assisted in the deconversion of a few people at my university.

06-04-2013, 06:52 PM
(06-04-2013 06:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Good to have you back, LH!

Good to be back. I feel like I need to get back into the swing of things, so I am going to avoid political debates (though that was the plan to begin with). They become so opinionated and ridiculously pointless, that was among one of the reasons I decided to take a break.

Please, do tell! It's been a while since we spoke and I want to know what my favorite person named .... has been up to.

06-04-2013, 06:57 PM
(06-04-2013 06:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:47 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Good to be back. I feel like I need to get back into the swing of things, so I am going to avoid political debates (though that was the plan to begin with). They become so opinionated and ridiculously pointless, that was among one of the reasons I decided to take a break.

Please, do tell! It's been a while since we spoke and I want to know what my favorite person named .... has been up to.

Er, did you forget my name, Steven?

In my computer science class, two of my classmates happened to look over my shoulder and see I was reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of actually paying attention to the lecture. Both of them asked about it, and I explained to them about it. Well, I loaned them the book, they continued the search of pro-humanist/atheist books and shaboozie. We have two new atheists. Yay.

06-04-2013, 07:04 PM
(06-04-2013 06:57 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Please, do tell! It's been a while since we spoke and I want to know what my favorite person named .... has been up to.

Er, did you forget my name, Steven?

In my computer science class, two of my classmates happened to look over my shoulder and see I was reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of actually paying attention to the lecture. Both of them asked about it, and I explained to them about it. Well, I loaned them the book, they continued the search of pro-humanist/atheist books and shaboozie. We have two new atheists. Yay.

I know you name, I just didn't know if you were comfortable with me stating it on the forums, Michael.