Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
06-04-2013, 07:05 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(06-04-2013 07:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:57 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Er, did you forget my name, Steven?

In my computer science class, two of my classmates happened to look over my shoulder and see I was reading Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali instead of actually paying attention to the lecture. Both of them asked about it, and I explained to them about it. Well, I loaned them the book, they continued the search of pro-humanist/atheist books and shaboozie. We have two new atheists. Yay.

I know you name, I just didn't know if you were comfortable with me stating it on the forums, Michael.

Can't say I give a shit. xD

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
06-04-2013, 07:21 PM
(06-04-2013 07:05 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 07:04 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I know you name, I just didn't know if you were comfortable with me stating it on the forums, Michael.

Can't say I give a shit. xD

Meh, me either.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
07-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Ask a Theist!
Now that we have that all straightened out, who is Shaboozie?
07-04-2013, 02:55 AM
(07-04-2013 02:54 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Now that we have that all straightened out, who is Shaboozie?

I think it is A2's mom.

07-04-2013, 02:56 AM
Ask a Theist!
(07-04-2013 02:55 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 02:54 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Now that we have that all straightened out, who is Shaboozie?

I think it is A2's mom.

That explains a lot!
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
07-04-2013, 01:01 PM
KC:
On being allowed into Heaven and not burning in infernal, eternal torment:
So, if the only way into Heaven is by accepting Jesus as your savior, the assumption is that all others get a one way ticket to Hell. But what about small children who have yet to be indoctrinated? What about others that live their entire life without any exposure to the Bible whatsoever? You have mentioned that you believe in evolution, so you must believe that human species have existed for close to 200,000 years. However, the teachings of Jesus have only been around for 1% of that time, what about everyone that preceded his (alleged) existence?
Do all of these billions of people get a free pass into Heaven or do they totally get shafted on the whole deal and get the undeserved lake of fire damnation torture?

At what point in evolution did the soul first appear? You know it's a slow, gradual process that can take millennia for minor changes, so did neanderthals have souls? Homo erectus? Australopithecus africanus? Ardipithecus adabba?

I have more questions, but I'll stop here for now.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
07-04-2013, 01:02 PM
(05-04-2013 07:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Damnation has to exist because of sin.

The fuck that even means? Huh ... Consider ... Blink ... Huh

(05-04-2013 07:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  If it didn't, then Christ would be pointless.

Not pointless, Brother Jeremy, we just all gotta make our own point. ... but for godssake not like Ego® tries. No ... Did I mention I am my own personal Lord and Savior? My own personal Jesus? ... I'm sure I have. Tongue

#sigh
07-04-2013, 02:46 PM
(06-04-2013 06:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Hay. Hi. Been a while. Salutations. Hairy dicks.

KC, really quick, since I do not have the time to look through all of the thousands of posts on your thread so magnificently full of special pleading (I am fucking with you)... I need to ask you about the stance your brand of Calvanism possesses on the idea of an omnibenevolent God, how that God can be so with its dictating the very will of every being, and how it can be justified. I am in a debate with some shmo at school and I need an answer. Thanks in advance.

07-04-2013, 02:50 PM
(07-04-2013 02:46 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(06-04-2013 06:35 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Hay. Hi. Been a while. Salutations. Hairy dicks.

KC, really quick, since I do not have the time to look through all of the thousands of posts on your thread so magnificently full of special pleading (I am fucking with you)... I need to ask you about the stance your brand of Calvanism possesses on the idea of an omnibenevolent God, how that God can be so with its dictating the very will of every being, and how it can be justified. I am in a debate with some shmo at school and I need an answer. Thanks in advance.

The Calvinist god cannot possibly be omnibenevolent - some people are elect, the rest are damned.
You can't get omnibenevolent out of that.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 03:02 PM
(07-04-2013 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 02:46 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

The Calvinist god cannot possibly be omnibenevolent - some people are elect, the rest are damned.
You can't get omnibenevolent out of that.

I am not arguing the position of a non-Cavlinist. I need the statement from a Calvanist's mouth in order to validate a claim I want to make. It just so happens that Kingschosen is one of two Calvinists I know, and is the only one who is currently available.