Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
He has previously said somewhere that by human standards his God is a bit devilish...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
(07-04-2013 03:04 PM)morondog Wrote:  He has previously said somewhere that by human standards his God is a bit devilish...

Yeah I know, I was attempting to find that post (out of the thousands on here). I need a direct quote so I can link back to his post for this debate.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
07-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Ask a Theist!
This thread has become so ungainly it could use some metadata tags. KC, if you don't already know of a Calvinist FAQ perhaps you should start one of your own? You must certainly have enough source material in this thread alone.
07-04-2013, 04:41 PM
(07-04-2013 01:01 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  KC: On being allowed into Heaven and not burning in infernal, eternal torment:
So, if the only way into Heaven is by accepting Jesus as your savior, the assumption is that all others get a one way ticket to Hell.
I don't know where Kingsy is... Consider hmm.. Sunday; probably in church.

He's previously stated, somewhere in this toofuckinglong thread, that infants and mentally retarded folk won't burn in hell. One might wonder where those lines are drawn... especially regarding the retarded. Dodgy

And it really doesn't matter; you can accept Jesus all you want and live an exemplary life... if you're not elect... you're toast.

Mmm toast.

Drooling

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-04-2013, 06:00 PM
(07-04-2013 04:41 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 01:01 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  KC: On being allowed into Heaven and not burning in infernal, eternal torment:
So, if the only way into Heaven is by accepting Jesus as your savior, the assumption is that all others get a one way ticket to Hell.
I don't know where Kingsy is... Consider hmm.. Sunday; probably in church.

He's previously stated, somewhere in this toofuckinglong thread, that infants and mentally retarded folk won't burn in hell. One might wonder where those lines are drawn... especially regarding the retarded. Dodgy

And it really doesn't matter; you can accept Jesus all you want and live an exemplary life... if you're not elect... you're toast.

Mmm toast.

Drooling

So, if Radeesh Gupta is mentally retarded and dies, he gets to go to Heaven and enjoy eternal happiness with no sadness whatsoever. However, his mom, who cared for him his whole life, is Hindu and is now enjoying the Beelzebub barbecue. I'm pretty sure that he would miss her horribly and be completely miserable not having her with him, thus negating the whole Heaven-is-awesome-and-totally-the-place-to-hang-out-in-the-afterlife vibe that they advertise.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
(07-04-2013 06:00 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  So, if Radeesh Gupta is mentally retarded and dies, he gets to go to Heaven and enjoy eternal happiness with no sadness whatsoever. However, his mom, who cared for him his whole life, is Hindu and is now enjoying the Beelzebub barbecue. I'm pretty sure that he would miss her horribly and be completely miserable not having her with him, thus negating the whole Heaven-is-awesome-and-totally-the-place-to-hang-out-in-the-afterlife vibe that they advertise.

It isn't heaven for me.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-04-2013, 06:23 PM
I'll address everything tomorrow when I'm not on a tablet.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-04-2013, 07:26 PM
(07-04-2013 06:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll address everything tomorrow when I'm not on a tablet.

Why did I first read that as "I'll address everything tomorrow when I'm not on the toilet"? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
07-04-2013, 07:40 PM
(07-04-2013 06:00 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  So, if Radeesh Gupta is mentally retarded and dies, he gets to go to Heaven and enjoy eternal happiness with no sadness whatsoever. However, his mom, who cared for him his whole life, is Hindu and is now enjoying the Beelzebub barbecue. I'm pretty sure that he would miss her horribly and be completely miserable not having her with him, thus negating the whole Heaven-is-awesome-and-totally-the-place-to-hang-out-in-the-afterlife vibe that they advertise.
Consider

I sense you're not buying it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
(07-04-2013 07:40 PM)kim Wrote:  I sense you're not buying it. Shy

[Image: No-Sale_register.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]