Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
22-12-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(22-12-2013 10:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:43 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Has being an admin. on a atheist forum affected your beliefs?

If yes how.

I would like to think not, but if I'm going to be honest... I don't really know.

I mean, my beliefs haven't change... I still believe what I believe when I created this topic... but I've change.

The change in me is evident. People who have been here for as long as I have have seen, and I'm not going to pretend it's not there.

I've become more contempt and jaded towards Christians in general and Christian establishments. I've gotten to the point where I can barely stomach these hypocrits that claim Christ.

But, is it my exposure to atheism that spurred this?

Writing this, I just realized something.

Yes. Being an admin has changed my views on theism.

I've walked alongside y'all, and even been thought to be an atheist myself on several occasions. I've experience the shunning, spite, and malice from other Christians because of this. I've walked in your shoes, so to speak.

And it's eye opening.

Since coming to TTA, I've realized why people can't stand Christians. It's because of the way we act. The way we judge. The way we condemn.

I absolutely loathe it.

I think it also helped me realize how different I was from other Christians in my personal life and gave me the courage to stand up and say, "No. This isn't right."

For which, I've been shunned.

Strange, though. In spite of all of this, my faith remains. Solid. True.

I guess now, I'm just trying to find where I fit in.

Funny how the group that accepts you as you are the easiest is a bunch of godless heathens. Still think your god is kind of a dick, but Jeremy you're a good guy and I am glad I have gotten the chance to get to know you a bit. Wish we could chat more often but I know you have a crazy schedule.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-12-2013, 11:13 PM
(22-12-2013 10:43 PM)Crulax Wrote:  Has being an admin. on a atheist forum affected your beliefs?

If yes how.

I would like to think not, but if I'm going to be honest... I don't really know.

I mean, my beliefs haven't change... I still believe what I believe when I created this topic... but I've change.

The change in me is evident. People who have been here for as long as I have have seen, and I'm not going to pretend it's not there.

I've become more contempt and jaded towards Christians in general and Christian establishments. I've gotten to the point where I can barely stomach these hypocrits that claim Christ.

I've walked alongside y'all, and even been thought to be an atheist myself on several occasions. I've experience the shunning, spite, and malice from other Christians because of this. I've walked in your shoes, so to speak.

And it's eye opening.

Since coming to TTA, I've realized why people can't stand Christians. It's because of the way we act. The way we judge. The way we condemn.

I absolutely loathe it.

I think it also helped me realize how different I was from other Christians in my personal life and gave me the courage to stand up and say, "No. This isn't right."

Thank you for your open and honest response!

I must admit that if the vast majority of theists acted like you or presented their beliefs such as yourself there would be far less angry atheist.Big Grin

I was going to add how has being an admin. on an atheist forum affected your views of atheism/atheist but I believe you answered it in your response.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 2 users Like Crulax's post
22-12-2013, 11:34 PM
(22-12-2013 10:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Guess who's back and ready for more punishment?

Your very own theist admin... ME!

Same rules as before.

I'm revitalizing the topic because of all the new blood here.

And go!

Are you now, or have you ever been, the King or Queen of Cheese? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-12-2013, 01:11 AM

If yes how.

And it's eye opening.

I absolutely loathe it.

Well I think you fit in pretty well here nicely.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-12-2013, 01:40 AM
(23-12-2013 01:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess now, I'm just trying to find where I fit in.
Well I think you fit in pretty well here nicely.

Hug

Yep - you're doomed to hang with the heathens. Like that Jesus guy. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
23-12-2013, 02:57 AM
(23-12-2013 01:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well I think you fit in pretty well here nicely.

Hug

Rumour has it that he was hung like a heathen too Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2013, 09:10 AM

If yes how.

And it's eye opening.

I absolutely loathe it.

And this is why it's awesome having you here.

As for the actual question: I haven't read through all 246 pages of this thread, nor do I plan to, so I apologize if this is a a repeat question. Do you believe in the flood story in Genesis? I'm guessing you don't (at least not entirely) based on your views of evolution, but do you believe it is in some way true (local flood, scare story, etc)?
23-12-2013, 09:27 AM
(23-12-2013 01:40 AM)kim Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 01:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well I think you fit in pretty well here nicely.

Hug

Absolutely Classic.
I second that !!Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
23-12-2013, 09:47 AM

If yes how.

And it's eye opening.

I absolutely loathe it.

You're a good hearted person with a strong mind and I'm glad to've met you! Sounds like we've both learned a lot from interactions here.

I remember being shunned, silently, out of my church. Not a warm feeling. Disillusionment is never a comfortable process.

While I have your ear, here's another profound question for you:

Which sausage do you put in your gumbo?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
23-12-2013, 09:53 AM
(23-12-2013 09:47 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 10:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I would like to think not, but if I'm going to be honest... I don't really know.

And it's eye opening.

I absolutely loathe it.

You're a good hearted person with a strong mind and I'm glad to've met you! Sounds like we've both learned a lot from interactions here.

I remember being shunned, silently, out of my church. Not a warm feeling. Disillusionment is never a comfortable process.

While I have your ear, here's another profound question for you:

Which sausage do you put in your gumbo?

That's not even a question. There can be only 1 kind of sausage in Gumbo. Andouille

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post