Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
10-01-2014, 02:05 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Also, adding the mormon thing: My mother has spent close to 100k on food storage and survival supplies, not to mention the 10% she tithes every month. If this is not dedication and pure faith at its nuttiest, I don't what is.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2014, 02:17 PM
(10-01-2014 01:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nothing comes to mind right off the bad.
*bat

(10-01-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I feel I'm very aware if myself.
*of

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

Get your shit together, Jeremy. Laughat

Fast typing and not previewing. Lots of people walking by today. Sad

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-01-2014, 02:18 PM
(10-01-2014 02:05 PM)jaxx Wrote:  ...If this is not dedication and pure faith at its nuttiest, I don't what is.
Flying planes into skyscrapers seems somewhat more....enthusiastic.
Consider

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
10-01-2014, 02:35 PM
(10-01-2014 02:18 PM)Kestrel Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 02:05 PM)jaxx Wrote:  ...If this is not dedication and pure faith at its nuttiest, I don't what is.
Flying planes into skyscrapers seems somewhat more....enthusiastic.
Consider

Touché
10-01-2014, 02:36 PM
(10-01-2014 02:05 PM)jaxx Wrote:  Also, adding the mormon thing: My mother has spent close to 100k on food storage and survival supplies, not to mention the 10% she tithes every month. If this is not dedication and pure faith at its nuttiest, I don't what is.

I see what you're saying.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
10-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Ask a Theist!
(10-01-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Nothing comes to mind right off the bad. I feel I'm very aware if myself.

Therein lies the illusion.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
10-01-2014, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2014 06:09 PM by viole.)
(10-01-2014 08:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  "Regeneration" is a theological term. It basically means "saved" or "born again".

Oh ok. Thank you for the explanation. But I am intrigued by the "saved" attribute. To be honest with you it sounds like a definitive confirmation of safety. Is it really? Can you be saved and then turn to unsaved a couple of years later?

What I am trying to say with my broken English is: do you think that your, or any other saved person's, current state of safety could change in the future?

Quote:I should have defined what "faith" is in this instance. "Faith" here is a faith in the Christian God; not an all encompassing "faith" in the denotative sense.

Thank you for your clarification, again. Without it, the meaning of faith as a gift from a specific God would not have made any sense.

So, to recapitulate, faith = faith in the Christian God. The rest is not faith, really.

Did I get this right?

Quote: People can faith in many other things, but it does not lead to being "saved" or "regenerated".

I agree. I doubt that believing in Thor or Scientology could lead to the Christian version of salvation. Alas, the competition would probably say the same: that not believing in Scientology leads to misery. So, logically, I need to be neutral until Christianity, or Scientology, are proven true through some other independent channels of evidence,

But, I am afraid, you neglected to answer my primary question. Why does regeneration takes place only in some parts of the world and not others? I don't want to sound too pushy, but why are the elected ones geographically concentrated only in some parts of the world?

I think it is rational to expect that God would choose His elected ones independently of the upbringing they experienced.

What I am trying to say is: if you had been born in Australia 1000 years ago, would you have had a chance to be regenerated?

What do you think?

Ciao

- viole
[+] 2 users Like viole's post
12-01-2014, 10:15 AM
(10-01-2014 11:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 11:22 AM)jaxx Wrote:  I guess my question then is: If we don't know what Jesus said, how do we know what to have faith in?

The common answer to this is that if Christians have faith in an omnipotent God then they have faith that His way of communication is as He wanted it to be.

OK, you just went full circular.

Never go full circular.Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
12-01-2014, 10:48 AM
(12-01-2014 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 11:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The common answer to this is that if Christians have faith in an omnipotent God then they have faith that His way of communication is as He wanted it to be.

OK, you just went full circular.

Never go full circular.:@

We don't know who God is or what he wants but, but, but the Bible and faith so you have a hardened heart and so do all other Christians who don't see faith the same way I do. They are being fooled by Satan, Obama, Oprah and Guy Fieri. Yep, that's exactly how it is.
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Last statement not directed towards you, KC Smile