Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2014, 12:10 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
http://youtu.be/cU_26Pn3Bwg

Have you ever read/listened to any of Bart Ehrman's work? He is a renown biblical scholar and does not usually present anything that is not already the scholarly consensus. Anyways, thoughts? How do you reconcile some of the examples in the clip above. His books go into way more detail and I highly recommend them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jaxx's post
12-01-2014, 09:00 PM
(12-01-2014 10:48 AM)jaxx Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  OK, you just went full circular.

Never go full circular.Angry

We don't know who God is or what he wants but, but, but the Bible and faith so you have a hardened heart and so do all other Christians who don't see faith the same way I do. They are being fooled by Satan, Obama, Oprah and Guy Fieri. Yep, that's exactly how it is.

Hey Jaxx, Paardon me for interrupting but WE DO know what God is and wants..The Bible and Faith do not harden peoples heart, MAN does !! As for al other Christians. BEWARE of false teachings.. I'll will explain more as we go along.. Hey KC, I have read some of your posts and seems like you can use a little assistance.. I will be glad to Answer ALL questions.. that is if you truly want to read the answer.. Love you all..
12-01-2014, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 10:25 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)
(12-01-2014 09:00 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:48 AM)jaxx Wrote:  We don't know who God is or what he wants but, but, but the Bible and faith so you have a hardened heart and so do all other Christians who don't see faith the same way I do. They are being fooled by Satan, Obama, Oprah and Guy Fieri. Yep, that's exactly how it is.

Hey Jaxx, Paardon me for interrupting but WE DO know what God is and wants..

[Image: OrlyTaitzOwl.jpg]

Quote:The Bible and Faith do not harden peoples heart, MAN does !!

[Image: well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gi...bowski.gif]

Quote:As for al other Christians.

You DO realize that this is an atheist forum, right?

Quote: BEWARE of false teachings.. I'll will explain more as we go along..

[Image: hE90F4C2B]

Quote: Hey KC, I have read some of your posts and seems like you can use a little assistance.. I will be glad to Answer ALL questions.. that is if you truly want to read the answer.. Love you all..

[Image: Liz-Lemon-Eye-Roll-and-Exhale-30-Rock.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
12-01-2014, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2014 10:43 PM by Seacaptain58.)
12-01-2014, 10:44 PM
You might wanna start your own thread, Seacaptain. Traffic on this thread is a bitch.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
12-01-2014, 10:45 PM
(12-01-2014 10:44 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  You might wanna start your own thread, Seacaptain. Traffic on this thread is a bitch.

Good Idea,, take care CT
13-01-2014, 02:46 AM
(12-01-2014 10:48 AM)jaxx Wrote:  We don't know who God is or what he wants but, but, but the Bible and faith so you have a hardened heart and so do all other Christians who don't see faith the same way I do. They are being fooled by Satan, Obama, Oprah and Guy Fieri. Yep, that's exactly how it is.

Hey Jaxx, Paardon me for interrupting but WE DO know what God is and wants..The Bible and Faith do not harden peoples heart, MAN does !! As for al other Christians. BEWARE of false teachings.. I'll will explain more as we go along.. Hey KC, I have read some of your posts and seems like you can use a little assistance.. I will be glad to Answer ALL questions.. that is if you truly want to read the answer.. Love you all..

Watch out, y'all, looks like we got one of them there experts! As for man hardening hearts--source? It's ok, you can use the bible. I did mention Guy Fieri being mostly responsible, right?
13-01-2014, 06:47 AM

Have u not read ur bible?? God hardens hearts.. Exo 11:10 and Isa 63:17..
[+] 2 users Like truthBtold's post
13-01-2014, 08:24 AM
(12-01-2014 09:00 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  BEWARE of false teachings.. I'll will explain more as we go along..

[Image: ffaa9dad.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 5 users Like WitchSabrina's post
13-01-2014, 08:42 AM
Another self-righteous dope here to tell all us athiests, and even the resident thiests, how wrong we are and how to think correctly. Prove definitively that your knowledge has not been the result of false teachings and I will consider what you have to say el capitan.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post