Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
14-01-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
But seriously, my patronizing is nothing personal. I'm a lover, not a fighter. <3

Usually.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 09:42 AM
(10-01-2014 05:58 PM)viole Wrote:  Why does regeneration takes place only in some parts of the world and not others? I don't want to sound too pushy, but why are the elected ones geographically concentrated only in some parts of the world?

Don't know. I don't have an answer for that. Same reason why He chose the Jews as His people, I suppose.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-01-2014, 09:44 AM
(12-01-2014 10:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 11:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The common answer to this is that if Christians have faith in an omnipotent God then they have faith that His way of communication is as He wanted it to be.

OK, you just went full circular.

Never go full circular.Angry

[Image: kirk-lazarus-00-650-75.jpg]

15-01-2014, 09:45 AM
(12-01-2014 12:10 PM)jaxx Wrote:  http://youtu.be/cU_26Pn3Bwg

Have you ever read/listened to any of Bart Ehrman's work? He is a renown biblical scholar and does not usually present anything that is not already the scholarly consensus. Anyways, thoughts? How do you reconcile some of the examples in the clip above. His books go into way more detail and I highly recommend them.

I can't view it at work. Summary?

15-01-2014, 09:46 AM
(12-01-2014 09:00 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Hey KC, I have read some of your posts and seems like you can use a little assistance.. I will be glad to Answer ALL questions.. that is if you truly want to read the answer.. Love you all..

No thanks, I'm fine. I've managed 2500+ posts without your help.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
15-01-2014, 09:47 AM
(13-01-2014 09:00 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Agreed, KC has a very good understanding of the bible. I think the conclusions of the bible are heinous, errant and a complete fabrication but at least he doesn't sugar coat the conclusion. So unless you are fluent in Greek, I doubt he needs your help. Smile Unless, of course, God speaks to you directly through your dog, in which case, do proceed! Bowing

Well, thanks.

But, I read Greek too. Plus I have a brother that is an expert in Greek. So, I'm good Smile

15-01-2014, 09:49 AM
(13-01-2014 05:25 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  Most of my knowledge I will quote comes from scientists and archeologist. Will that be good enough for you ? Or would you like me to post some cute pictures Cool

Are these "scientists" YECers? If so, don't waste your time.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
15-01-2014, 09:50 AM
(12-01-2014 09:00 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  
(12-01-2014 10:48 AM)jaxx Wrote:  We don't know who God is or what he wants but, but, but the Bible and faith so you have a hardened heart and so do all other Christians who don't see faith the same way I do. They are being fooled by Satan, Obama, Oprah and Guy Fieri. Yep, that's exactly how it is.

The Bible and Faith do not harden peoples heart, MAN does !!

Free Thought here with an important public service announcement.

If you are suddenly experiencing symptoms of such as as hardening of the arteries, please consult a medical professional. Your heart's arteries shouldn't harden, it's a fairly serious condition.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
15-01-2014, 10:06 AM
(12-01-2014 09:00 PM)Seacaptain58 Wrote:  The Bible and Faith do not harden peoples heart, MAN does !!

Romans 9. Please read.

15-01-2014, 11:59 AM
(15-01-2014 09:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-01-2014 05:58 PM)viole Wrote:  Why does regeneration takes place only in some parts of the world and not others? I don't want to sound too pushy, but why are the elected ones geographically concentrated only in some parts of the world?

Don't know. I don't have an answer for that. Same reason why He chose the Jews as His people, I suppose.

So God generally prefers rednecks, inbreds, homophobes, poorly educated and in many cases, mentally ill? Because that pretty much describes this region that is almost it's own country (known as the South) in which I unfortunately but also lovingly reside. (No offense to my fellow Southerners but you know it's true!!!!)