Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
31-01-2014, 06:12 AM
Re: RE: Ask a Theist!
(09-12-2011 03:25 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 03:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Since I'm not omniscience, I can't willfully rule this out. The possibility is there. The reason that I believe it's more than a feeling is because of the radical change that happened in me. Everything I believed got flipped on me.

It's refreshing to know an agnostic theist.

I already know this but I'd like to hear what the forum thinks about your thoughts on free will and fate.

Scratch a Christian and you will find an agnostic.

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 03:56 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
[Image: thisisanepicthreadoj6.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
09-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Is KC still here?
09-02-2014, 12:50 PM
(09-02-2014 10:16 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Is KC still here?

I believe he was raptured. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
11-02-2014, 04:46 PM
Ask a Theist!
(09-02-2014 12:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:16 AM)jaxx Wrote:  Is KC still here?

I believe he was raptured. Drinking Beverage

All the other Christians appear to still be around. Perhaps he truly was the chosen "one"?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
03-03-2014, 04:57 AM
(28-01-2014 08:42 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm certain that nobody has asked you these questions before (not that anyone ever posted the previous one), so here we go:

01. What do you think is the primary cause of the global increase in those who identify themselves as atheists, agnostics and non-religious?
02. What is your opinion concerning this phenomenon (i.e. does it concern you/are you in favor of it/etc.)?

As a theist, I've thought about this so I'll answer:

01. The primary cause is the ability to do so. Faith in God is an active concept, and I do not think nearly as many as people who claim to be religious are "faithful," per sè. When individuals can participate in public and social circles, and intellectual concepts, independently of an outward expression of faith, more will.
02. I do think it is good to have the ability to explore the world independent of religious identity. Perhaps many of the dissonnace among religions is a direct result of the attachment of religion to government, or science, or association. Utlimately, it might really result in clarifying what faith really is.
03-03-2014, 07:03 PM
(28-01-2014 08:42 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I'm certain that nobody has asked you these questions before (not that anyone ever posted the previous one), so here we go:

01. What do you think is the primary cause of the global increase in those who identify themselves as atheists, agnostics and non-religious?
02. What is your opinion concerning this phenomenon (i.e. does it concern you/are you in favor of it/etc.)?

1) Non-theological answer: the ease of information accessibility / the continued publisized of Christian corruption / people wanting to break away from traditional restraints
theological answer: God's elect are becoming fewer and fewer

2) Based on my belief in predestination; it is of no real concern to me. This is the ebb and flow of God's plan.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-03-2014, 07:05 PM
(31-01-2014 12:08 AM)toadaly Wrote:  Ok, so you started off by denying the infallibility of scripture. I would like to know specifically, what you consider false within scripture, and what method you use to decide what is false.

Huh?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
04-03-2014, 04:16 AM
(03-03-2014 07:03 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

2) Based on my belief in predestination; it is of no real concern to me. This is the ebb and flow of God's plan.

You may as well be saying "It is because it is that which it is as it is." just as ultimately unfulfilling an answer. But I like my version more 'cause it doesn't assume a deity...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-03-2014, 08:00 AM
I think the idea of "a predestination god" is a pretty evil one, really. The idea that ONLY a few are chosen and the vast majority "damned", . . . and "for his glory" . . . . is evidence of this. I wouldn't want to be "a chosen" in such a scenario. It would mean that I would HAVE to agree with that "vast majority being damned" [and depending on the denomination, how they will spend an eternity], . . . and I could never find peace, joy, or love in knowing so many are in that situation as a result OF "the god I was chosen by". Plus, . . . that "chosen" . . . .doesn't really explain what that "eternal chosen life" will be like. That isn't written. What would be an act that this type of god "would be glorified in"?
[+] 1 user Likes DeavonReye's post