If a known religious person is involved
in an online discussion with the
irreligious; no matter the topic, as an
online discussion grows longer, the
probability of the discussion being
directed/redirected towards the religious
person's set of beliefs approaches 1.
mean?

KC's Law is a parody of Godwin's Law, which basically states that the longer an internet conversation goes on, regardless of topic, the greater the probability of Nazis being brought up.

KC's Law: Regardless of topic, if KC (the namesake and cause, but not limited to him) get's involved, the probability of his theology being mentioned increases.

It was made due to a running trend: If KC joined a conversation, it was only a matter of time until somebody brought up Calvinism or made an inevitability by god joke.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-03-2014, 12:33 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
I know I'm late to the game but how do you fell about presuppositional apologetics?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-03-2014, 10:40 PM
(09-12-2011 09:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 07:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  1) If he so desired, would God be capable of creating a rock so heavy that he himself could not lift it?

2) What was the point of Jesus? From what I understand he died so our sins could be forgiven but what is the link there, what does Jesus' death have to with forgiveness? Why couldn't God just forgive people? (Kinda like how we have a forgiven thread in the casual coffeehouse and people don't have to sacrifice someone every-time they post.)

3) Why did God rectify the issue of no-one being able to get into heaven during mankind's existence, surely he foresaw the problem?

Quote:1) Ok, I really want to go into some detail on this. Just to let you know (you might not care), but Christians roll their eyes at these particular questions. Atheists and non-believers like to ask this and it's akin to a Creationists telling an Evolutionist that if we came from monkeys then how come we still have monkeys. You think it's your ace-in-the-hole, but theologically speaking it's more of a facepalm. If you really, really want to annoy Christians when you're debating them, keep asking this question in some form and make them extensively and exhaustively explain it. Oh and use semantics on them too. They'll start to rage pretty quickly (need to stop giving y'all tactics <_<).

I think that it is obvious that Christianity is obsessed with "power" as evidence for and explanation of the existence of God. So to ask this question is not a "tactic" but a demonstration of the flaw in logic or reasoning that leads a human being to believe in God based on the principle of that which is all powerful is the source of all existence. Any being that is all powerful can do anything including creating a rock he couldn't lift. After all according to Christianity only God is immortal by nature and yet he can choose to kill himself (Sacrifice Himself) . So if a being which by nature is immortal can choose to die then creating rock so heavy that no human being can lift ...then incarnating as a human and proceeding to lift that rock should be child's play.
In other words when worshiping the god of the absurd anything is possible.

And any being his ontological justification is that he is all powerful is by definition absurd. If you doubt me see Divine Command Theory. The idea that not only is the Ontological Justification for God's existence being all powerful but the ethical foundation for why God is considered Omni-Benevolent or all good is also based on power. Basically religion is a power trip. If there were a such thing as God (The Source of all Life) then you would not be able to get to any understanding let alone experience of "God" through religion. Because religion is all about power and makes no attempt to hide this fact in any of their holy books.

Quote:Anyhoo, the explanation: the question is a contradiction. God cannot contradict himself. Also, the question is a fallacy of semantics (as aforementioned). God is all powerful, therefore He cannot be something that He isn't. If He creates something that defies His power then we've created a circular paradox. And while, it's lulzy for you, it isn't a fair question to the theist. If you REALLY want to annoy an Arminian Christian, use this same tactic when addressing free will and omniscience... if they counter with, "well God is all powerful, so He gave us the power to be able to choose", then ask them how an all powerful God can relinquish His power to a human? Doesn't that take away from His omnipotence.

You see, God is either all power or He isn't. Since God is all powerful He cannot create a paradox about His power. But, as I've stated, if you want to get lulzy with Christians, keep hammering this.

God can not create a paradox? Where do you get this theologically? Isn't a miracle a paradox by definition. All Religious go on an on as God as a law giver and how simply observing the constancy of laws around us as sufficient proof of God's existence. Yet Miracles are bending or breaking these very laws and are also used as proof of God's existence. If God gives man freewill. (Theologically this is contradicted by all holy books. According to all scriptures man has no freewill.) then this means that by definition God is no longer all powerful unless this freewill is a delusion of some kind?

If man can choose and God can do nothing to stop a choice or change a choice and has no more influence on a mans choice then any other man would have on your choice then God has no more power over you than I do! I can try to influence or persuade but every decision or action is your to choose freely and neither I nor God can change that. So if this is the case and you still claim God is all powerful then you must have a different definition for "All Powerful" then any sane or reasonable person would. So my point is if your God existed there is nothing theologically proving him incapable of creating paradox.

But that being said if he is a God of law and not chaos then giving man power of freewill does not create a paradox because the moment God gave man freewill God gave up being all powerful. Of course Theologically this is unsustainable and the paradox is resolved because according to scriptures man has no freewill. So why invent this bs of God giving man freewill? Because Theologians couldn't explain Evil of an all good God. Also if we have no freewill then what is the motivation to do good. Whenever a man does something most would consider an Evil act he can excuse himself with sorry I couldn't help it I had no freewill.

The point is religion was invented to make slaves of us all that is why holy books argue against freewill. But then when Atheist or Freethinkers came about and couldn't be killed fast enough they asked hard questions about morality. Since religion was originally invented to make us slaves and all morality was based on "obedience" questions on an all Good God allowing Evil in the world and on how an all Powerful God can allow Freewill simply could not be answered. Let alone how we can have morality if we have no freewill.

So those A holes called theologians came up with a brilliant idea on how to avoid answering questions on Freewill and on The Problem of Evil. With no scriptural or theological basis they simply answered one question with the other. Why is there Evil in the world ? Freewill is the answer!

It is like answering the question of why is there something rather than nothing with because falling trees do make a sound even when no one is around to hear them!

Quote:2) I know I've answered this question several times before, but I'll do it again. The point of Jesus was to die for us. The point of Him dying was to give Himself a purpose and an inheritance. Before the foundations of the world, the plan was to have Jesus sacrifice Himself for the elect, thus giving Himself a purpose. Why go through all of this stuff to do that? I don't know. I don't know God's will. I'm sorry if that answer isn't the answer you wanted, but I'm honest about it.

No it does not answer any questions. Human sacrifice for sin is a satanic idea. This is what Christians teach about Satanism. And yet the Jewish people believe in animal sacrifice because the smell of blood is pleasing to the gods/god. And Christians think human sacrifice for sins is ok if it is only only one time and they do go on and on about his blood. Kind of makes you think. The Catholics like to eat of his flesh and his blood. They like to sacrifice innocence. This explains why they have such a problem with priest molesting children. This all sound like the making of a cult. Cults tend do make people break off all contact with family that doesn't belong to the cult. In fact if an Anthropologist is asked to define what the difference between a religion and a cult is an honest one would admit there is no difference or change the subject.

Quote:3) God chose the ones He wanted for salvation before the foundations of the world (Eph 1:4). Those that were chosen that died before Jesus had their sins already paid for by Jesus' eventual sacrifice. Why did God allow people to exist thousands of years before Jesus? Again, that's His will and plan, and I can't answer for Him no more than you can answer what my plans for tomorrow are. His ultimate plan is unknown to us.

There is no plan. Religion is a cult. If there is a such thing as God it has nothing to do with a "plan" or religion or obedience or power. I can not say much more without getting into my understanding of God which will be seen as beliefs by Atheist or Heresy by Theist.

Sounds like a stripped-down Dispensationalism.

Except without the dispensations.

Dispensationalism sounds like deception to hide Mono-Theism has roots in Polytheism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 08:41 AM
(10-03-2014 12:33 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I know I'm late to the game but how do you fell about presuppositional apologetics?

I believe the opposite.

Faith explains the irrational.

I always seek to explain things rationally and use logic before resorting to faith.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-03-2014, 08:42 AM
(12-03-2014 10:40 PM)SpiritualAnarchist Wrote:  Dispensationalism sounds like deception to hide Mono-Theism has roots in Polytheism.

No not really... explain why you think this.

14-03-2014, 08:45 AM
(07-03-2014 10:11 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I try to be affable to everyone... because at the end of the day... we're all people just trying to live. No reason to let differing opinions make you a dick to others. That's just not right in my opinion.

My sentiments exactly!
14-03-2014, 08:59 AM
(08-03-2014 12:03 AM)f stop Wrote:  What is the meaning of

Matthew 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Generally, I take it to mean to not try and give people advice if you know they aren't going to take it to heart.

14-03-2014, 10:48 AM
(14-03-2014 08:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:33 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I know I'm late to the game but how do you fell about presuppositional apologetics?

I believe the opposite.

I always seek to explain things rationally and use logic before resorting to faith.

Faith explains nothing. It is a lazy excuse for believing nonsense.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-03-2014, 02:16 PM
(14-03-2014 10:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 08:41 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I believe the opposite.

Faith explains nothing. It is a lazy excuse for believing nonsense.

To be fair I don't think king will ever need faith then except when it comes to his belief.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
14-03-2014, 03:46 PM
(14-03-2014 02:16 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Faith explains nothing. It is a lazy excuse for believing nonsense.

To be fair I don't think king will ever need faith then except when it comes to his belief.

If you are specifying his religious beliefs, than... Nope.

Religious belief is at its core, based solely on faith, whether made by oneself or indoctrinated in.

The problem when dealing with smart people is that they find it easier to rationalise their beliefs, so with KC rationalisation forms an easily constructed layer around the faith-core.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.