Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
KC,

You are an enigma to me.

I cannot wrap my head around why you endure listening to all of us bashing religion and gods day in and day out.

I think I'd go crazy if I moderated a Christian forum as an atheist.

I'll just have to accept that some things are beyond my understanding my brother.

With no malice and deep sincerity,

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
31-03-2014, 04:48 PM
(31-03-2014 09:08 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  No, an atheist can be elect, but once they are regenerated, it is impossible for them to be an atheist. God provides them with faith in which they acknowledge salvation.

If one becomes and stays an atheist, he was never elect as it is impossible to resist God's plan.
An atheist wouldn't stay an atheist, but having knowledge that god actually does exist would not necessarily mean that a (previously) atheist would accept and worship the god.
I don't tend to worship anything (its not a behavioural trait of mine), certainly not my bosses or government. Under the threat of coercion I might conform, but that doesn't equate to worship. I just go about my business regardless.

Anyway, KC you are doing a fantastic job answering our questions. Much respect to you.
31-03-2014, 04:50 PM
(31-03-2014 09:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have learned quite a lot in my tenure here on TTA.

I've posted about it before, but I guess the main thing I learned is how it feels to be an outcast and treated with scorn by Christians.
Do you feel that you are treated as an outcast and with scorn here?

I am hoping some of us make you feel included and with respect.
31-03-2014, 08:02 PM
(31-03-2014 04:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(31-03-2014 09:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I have learned quite a lot in my tenure here on TTA.

I've posted about it before, but I guess the main thing I learned is how it feels to be an outcast and treated with scorn by Christians.

Actually it is usually the Christians that shun him cause he spends time with us lepers.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-04-2014, 02:37 AM
Sadly I do not have time to wade through 287 pages. I did however read some of the latter pages. I would simply like to offer my kudos and respect to kingschosen. We may never agree, but that is perfectly fine. I admire your efforts and sincerity. If indeed there is a god or gods, I hope they look kindly upon you.

For some years I was an administrator at a controversial free thought site that got a million + hits a month. I know how tough it can be. It was that experience that led me to this post.

I may at some point debate you. Having debated theists for 30 years though and having studied the KJV1611 for years, well my brain is a little weary. And the Bible is kind of nuts. Did my head in.

Perhaps in the future....

Good luck with your current issues.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-04-2014, 07:22 AM
(31-03-2014 03:15 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  KC,

You are an enigma to me.

I cannot wrap my head around why you endure listening to all of us bashing religion and gods day in and day out.

I think I'd go crazy if I moderated a Christian forum as an atheist.

I'll just have to accept that some things are beyond my understanding my brother.

With no malice and deep sincerity,

FC

Well bud, you know me better than most... having met me and such. You know my personality and how I strive for understanding and sincerity. I'm also not offended by these things because I know coming into it what to expect.

But thank you... sometimes it is quite a battle, but most of the time it's a pleasure.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
01-04-2014, 07:24 AM
(31-03-2014 04:48 PM)Stevil Wrote:  An atheist wouldn't stay an atheist, but having knowledge that god actually does exist would not necessarily mean that a (previously) atheist would accept and worship the god.
I don't tend to worship anything (its not a behavioural trait of mine), certainly not my bosses or government. Under the threat of coercion I might conform, but that doesn't equate to worship. I just go about my business regardless.

Anyway, KC you are doing a fantastic job answering our questions. Much respect to you.

No, he wouldn't... and that's assuming that he has power over God. If God is O3, that former atheist wouldn't have a choice. He would have to accept God.

And thank you... as I told FC, I try really hard to build a bridge between the people of atheism and the people of theism.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-04-2014, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2014 07:12 AM by kingschosen.)
(31-03-2014 04:50 PM)Stevil Wrote:  

As Rev pointed out... I literally meant Christians. I've been met with a lot of scorn since people found out I was a Calvinist (not popular in the South) and that I accepted evolution (not a popular Christian belief).

I often found myself defending my position by people who would pick a fight with me. When I would pointed out things they couldn't explain away, they would just get mad at me and tell me I was a heretic. Then I would just say, "if that's the case, the Bible is also heresy".

01-04-2014, 07:29 AM
(01-04-2014 02:37 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sadly I do not have time to wade through 287 pages. I did however read some of the latter pages. I would simply like to offer my kudos and respect to kingschosen. We may never agree, but that is perfectly fine. I admire your efforts and sincerity. If indeed there is a god or gods, I hope they look kindly upon you.

For some years I was an administrator at a controversial free thought site that got a million + hits a month. I know how tough it can be. It was that experience that led me to this post.

I may at some point debate you. Having debated theists for 30 years though and having studied the KJV1611 for years, well my brain is a little weary. And the Bible is kind of nuts. Did my head in.

Perhaps in the future....

Good luck with your current issues.

Thank you very much, Banjo. I appreciate that. And, I'm not one that really wants to debate anymore. I'm worn out from years of debate. I'll answer questions and say things in clips and blurbs, but I'm not going to enter a full fledged debate any time soon.

01-04-2014, 07:36 AM
(01-04-2014 07:24 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I try really hard to build a bridge between the people of atheism and the people of theism.

Call me Clint Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post