Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
09-04-2014, 07:06 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(09-04-2014 07:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 06:53 AM)germanyt Wrote:  We still allow filthy theists on this forum?

Aw fuk bye.

OMG where have you been?

Fuckin Democrat country. Hate it here. Were coming back to Louisiana as soon as we get some debt paid down.

Actually the culture (lack thereof) and climate has more to do than politics. But still. This place sucks. Everyone here is on welfare and there are homeless people everywhere. Much worse than when I left here in 08. Also, Sep misses home (BR) and doesn't really enjoy being back around her family as much as she thought she would. Says she never realized how weird this place was until she left and came back.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2014, 07:10 AM
(09-04-2014 07:06 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 07:00 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  OMG where have you been?

Fuckin Democrat country. Hate it here. Were coming back to Louisiana as soon as we get some debt paid down.

Actually the culture (lack thereof) and climate has more to do than politics. But still. This place sucks. Everyone here is on welfare and there are homeless people everywhere. Much worse than when I left here in 08. Also, Sep misses home (BR) and doesn't really enjoy being back around her family as much as she thought she would. Says she never realized how weird this place was until she left and came back.

Dude, I know what you mean. When we moved to Texas, we never realized how much we missed BR until we were away. Glad you're going to be coming back home. I could never move that far north... I don't see how you can stand it.

Think it's going to be sometime soon? It's crawfish season right now. We could hit up some crawfish if you make it back in the next few months.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-04-2014, 07:13 AM
(09-04-2014 07:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 07:06 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Fuckin Democrat country. Hate it here. Were coming back to Louisiana as soon as we get some debt paid down.

Dude, I know what you mean. When we moved to Texas, we never realized how much we missed BR until we were away. Glad you're going to be coming back home. I could never move that far north... I don't see how you can stand it.

Think it's going to be sometime soon? It's crawfish season right now. We could hit up some crawfish if you make it back in the next few months.

Nah its gonna take a while. Year maybe. Just focusing on paying down debt. About a grand a month though so we're putting dents in it.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-04-2014, 07:20 AM
(09-04-2014 07:13 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(09-04-2014 07:10 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Dude, I know what you mean. When we moved to Texas, we never realized how much we missed BR until we were away. Glad you're going to be coming back home. I could never move that far north... I don't see how you can stand it.

Nah its gonna take a while. Year maybe. Just focusing on paying down debt. About a grand a month though so we're putting dents in it.

Awww man. Well, at least there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know all about the debt thing... trying to pay it down as well. I've just accepted that I'm going to be in debt for the rest of my life.

Jess just got a new job, so for the first time since we moved back, both of is are going to be working. Hopefully, that will help pay down some of the bills we have.

Let me know if y'all come and visit. Definitely need to hang out and let the kids play.

19-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi Kingschosen,

Can you tell me why spirit, wind, and breath are all the same word in the bible?
19-04-2014, 05:37 PM
(19-04-2014 03:42 PM)avalon Wrote:  Hi Kingschosen,

Can you tell me why spirit, wind, and breath are all the same word in the bible?

Because they didn't have a word for 'fart'.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
19-04-2014, 06:02 PM
(02-04-2014 06:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(01-04-2014 07:46 AM)Eva Wrote:  I agree you are an enigma to me also...a pretty pleasant enigma but an enigma none the less.

If I may ask, how come Calvinism? Were you brought up in this branch of Christianity or did you come to it later in life (sorry if this has already been addressed, this is a very long thread). Part of my university course many moons ago was on Christopher Marlowe's play Dr Faustus and Calvinism came up but it was discussed as though this was pretty much a Tudor belief and not around anymore so I was quite surprised when I encountered you and found it's still alive and kicking.

First, thank you. Smile

As for your question, I wasn't brought up around Calvinism and the only thing I knew about it growing up was that predestination was "bad".

When I had my sudden change against my will I began searching all the different religions to find out what happened to me. When I discovered what Calvinism taught it suddenly made sense. This is why I was changed against my will.

And yes, Calvinism is still very popular. It is the most popular denomination for the well educated and theologians... not to sound pretentious... but it's true. However, Calvinism has taken on a different name in many of the Calvinistic circles. It's now known as being "Reformed". Reformed Baptist teach Reformed Theology which is Calvinism.

To be changed against your will sounds as if it was imposed upon you.
Have you ever wondered at what event, initiated earth's on going suffering, for some seven thousand years: even at short earth reckonings. What was so horrendous to make this feasible historically?
How do you condone this, along with god's plan to torture the risen dead for eternity?
What evil could demand such?
If I was "moved" to feel such was complimentary, I would have a damned hard look at my values.
As for the best educated, well that's a bit pretentious, as you indicate.

"Science without religion is lame.
Religion without science is blind"_ Einstein.
21-04-2014, 06:52 AM
(19-04-2014 03:42 PM)avalon Wrote:  Hi Kingschosen,

Because language.

It would help if you gave references.

21-04-2014, 07:02 AM
KC. Hello my dear chap.

I have a question you have likely been asked. Why do you believe such utter nonsense like Jesus is a god???

Although I am not at my best, I still remember all those history books. Books from the ancients and moderns alike. Philosophers and not. The Jesus story is full of massive gaping holes.

You hang out with atheists and must surely read the odd good post.

Why???

NOTE*. Although sober, I am kind of drunk. If I appear rude it is unintentional.

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
21-04-2014, 07:08 AM
(21-04-2014 07:02 AM)Banjo Wrote:  KC. Hello my dear chap.

I have a question you have likely been asked. Why do you believe such utter nonsense like Jesus is a god???

Although I am not at my best, I still remember all those history books. Books from the ancients and moderns alike. Philosophers and not. The Jesus story is full of massive gaping holes.

You hang out with atheists and must surely read the odd good post.

Why???

NOTE*. Although sober, I am kind of drunk. If I appear rude it is unintentional.

I go back to my regeneration experience. It's a domino effect based on that; which also includes faith and my faith in the Bible. As I've always stated, I have no empirical evidence for why I believe in Christianity, but it's because of my faith that I do.

I consider myself rational and capable of deep thought, but I believe in something as irrational as faith. For this, I can only deduce that it was given to me by something/someone and I have no choice but to believe.