Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
11-12-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(11-12-2014 01:28 PM)morondog Wrote:  But if God is 0^3 then God == 0

touche

Quote:Also Problem of Evil.

Exists for Christ to have a purpose

Quote:Also no weaselling by redefining evil.

You know I don't do that.

Quote:P.O.E. applies using *human* def of evil, because argument is that evil God is not worthy to worship.

God is autonomous and only answers to Himself in terms of morality. I guess this can be considered "redefining" evil; however, I don't see how to broach this topic without the consideration of morality and its subjectivity.

Basically, our evil isn't evil to God as He's not ruled by any form of human morality.

Quote:IIRC your previous answer to this was that you have no choice but to worship? Still feel the same way? You ever get angry with God?

Yep and yep.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 03:22 PM
(11-12-2014 02:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Doesn't believing in a personal God/Jesus/Scary Ghost diminish the sacrifice of The Christ? To suggest salvation depends on anything my sorry ass believes seems like the utmost in arrogance. Universal reconciliation elevates the sacrifice of The Christ to its proper eminence. The basic tenet is sacrifice of The Christ saved everyone past, present, and future regardless of anything we do or say or believe.

In a sense... a lot of Christians consider Christ's sacrifice the end-all be-all; but I don't. I also consider the other parts of God and His plan equally important... sure, the sacrifice was important, but so was every part of God's preconceived plan.

And yes, the sacrifice saved the elect.

11-12-2014, 03:25 PM
(11-12-2014 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Still got no clue how afixing a holy ape-descendant to organic ligneous material with sharpened ferrous pointy objects *while said ape was still in a non-deceased state* somehow heals the universe.

It doesn't.

The sacrifice imputed the righteousness to the elect. It in no way heals the universe or forgives and saves everyone everywhere. It had a specific purpose for a specific set of peoples.

11-12-2014, 03:27 PM
(11-12-2014 03:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:Also no weaselling by redefining evil.

You know I don't do that.

Quote:P.O.E. applies using *human* def of evil, because argument is that evil God is not worthy to worship.

God is autonomous and only answers to Himself in terms of morality. I guess this can be considered "redefining" evil; however, I don't see how to broach this topic without the consideration of morality and its subjectivity.

Basically, our evil isn't evil to God as He's not ruled by any form of human morality.
Bolded is what I called weaselling, but ja, to be fair, you didn't try to avoid the problem. So you agree God's a bit of a shit then, when measured by human standards?

Quote:
Quote:IIRC your previous answer to this was that you have no choice but to worship? Still feel the same way? You ever get angry with God?

Yep and yep.
Sorry Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-12-2014, 03:30 PM
(11-12-2014 03:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 02:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  Still got no clue how afixing a holy ape-descendant to organic ligneous material with sharpened ferrous pointy objects *while said ape was still in a non-deceased state* somehow heals the universe.

It doesn't.

The sacrifice imputed the righteousness to the elect. It in no way heals the universe or forgives and saves everyone everywhere. It had a specific purpose for a specific set of peoples.

I wuz asking a different theist Wink Though Girly's more of a deity.

Although like I said, I don't see how it's a useful thing to do for *any* salvation doohickey. WTF? God couldn't just say "Iz OK gaiz, I forgives you"? He *had* to nail some weird human-deity hybrid version of himself to the cross in order for the setup to work? Did God ever work at Microsoft?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-12-2014, 03:30 PM
(11-12-2014 03:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
Quote:Also Problem of Evil.

Exists for Christ to have a purpose

But if Christ is co-eternal, evil must also be co-eternal.
11-12-2014, 03:32 PM
(11-12-2014 03:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bolded is what I called weaselling, but ja, to be fair, you didn't try to avoid the problem. So you agree God's a bit of a shit then, when measured by human standards?

Yep. I've blatantly disagreed with many of His OT actions.

Kinda bums me out that you think I'm weaseling out of stuff. : / I've always tried to be as honest and straightforward as possible without mucking up the waters of communication.

But, it's just that I can't see how a set of rules can be compared to something that's incompatible. It's apples to oranges.

Quote:Sorry Undecided

How come?

11-12-2014, 03:34 PM
(11-12-2014 03:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Although like I said, I don't see how it's a useful thing to do for *any* salvation doohickey. WTF? God couldn't just say "Iz OK gaiz, I forgives you"? He *had* to nail some weird human-deity hybrid version of himself to the cross in order for the setup to work? Did God ever work at Microsoft?

Good question.

/shrug

Don't know.

That's something I'll never know or understand.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
11-12-2014, 03:35 PM
(11-12-2014 03:30 PM)docskeptic Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 03:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Exists for Christ to have a purpose

But if Christ is co-eternal, evil must also be co-eternal.

Don't follow.

Rephrase please, if you don't mind.

11-12-2014, 03:43 PM
(11-12-2014 03:32 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 03:27 PM)morondog Wrote:  Bolded is what I called weaselling, but ja, to be fair, you didn't try to avoid the problem. So you agree God's a bit of a shit then, when measured by human standards?

Yep. I've blatantly disagreed with many of His OT actions.
But in NT he's a better guy?

Quote:Kinda bums me out that you think I'm weaseling out of stuff. : / I've always tried to be as honest and straightforward as possible without mucking up the waters of communication.
I dunno. Poor choice of words I guess. The intention was to shut down the "Oh, God's good is not human good" argument. I know you're honest with us.

Quote:But, it's just that I can't see how a set of rules can be compared to something that's incompatible. It's apples to oranges.
Not sure what you're on about... ?

Quote:
Quote:Sorry Undecided

How come?
Well, that kinda sucks if you don't really like God that much but you still feel you have to be a Christian and do what he says. I'd hate that.

I'm asking you questions 'cos you're answering and this is ask a theist thread - no holds barred as far as I'm concerned. But ja, not trying to cause shit Wink