Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
25-12-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Quote:OK, show me some evidence of someone, anyone (other than yourself) who believes in "Jehovah" and (a) doesn't consider him to be "good" rather than "bad", and/or (b) equates him with "everything there is". If you can do that, I will retract that part of my claim.

Apologies, but I don't care if you retract your claim or not. If you'll review my post, you'll see I was referring to my view, not the global theist view. You're intent on arguing with a theist, but I'm not one.
Quote:And if "Jehovah" is equated with "everything there is", what would be the point of talking about whether or not he exists, or whether he's good or bad? What would be the point of talking about him at all? Normally, when I engage in discussion with someone, it's about something a bit more specific than "everything there is".

Ok, so drop the subject if you wish, ok with me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2014, 06:41 PM
(25-12-2014 06:30 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
Quote:OK, show me some evidence of someone, anyone (other than yourself) who believes in "Jehovah" and (a) doesn't consider him to be "good" rather than "bad", and/or (b) equates him with "everything there is". If you can do that, I will retract that part of my claim.

Apologies, but I don't care if you retract your claim or not. If you'll review my post, you'll see I was referring to my view, not the global theist view. You're intent on arguing with a theist, but I'm not one.

OK, so your view is that Jehovah = "everything there is". So what? Why is that interesting, and why would anyone want to discuss it? And if you're not a theist, why bother using the word "Jehovah"? That name has connotations of theism to everyone in the world -- except you, I guess. If you're going to make up your own language, how do you expect to communicate with anyone?
25-12-2014, 06:53 PM
(25-12-2014 06:41 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  OK, so your view is that Jehovah = "everything there is". So what? Why is that interesting, and why would anyone want to discuss it?

So don't discuss it, no problem. I truly don't mind a bit.