Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2011, 01:41 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(31-12-2011 01:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:32 AM)ddrew Wrote:  That's the most fair and sincere answer I've seen you post yet... admirable. I know you took some time to think about that one before answering too..

Yeah, but it's still fucked up.

which part? his answer or my question?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2011, 01:53 AM
(31-12-2011 01:41 AM)ddrew Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:32 AM)ddrew Wrote:  That's the most fair and sincere answer I've seen you post yet... admirable. I know you took some time to think about that one before answering too..

KC in general. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-12-2011, 01:55 AM
(31-12-2011 01:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 01:41 AM)ddrew Wrote:  

KC in general. Tongue

hehehe.... behind his delusion... he's only human.. and he loves his family.. gotta give him props for that.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
01-01-2012, 06:46 AM
(30-12-2011 02:11 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(29-12-2011 09:12 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That blaspheme the Holy Spirit means to deny the Christ. They used it for their own nefarious purposes, them Christians. Tongue

You seem like an alright guy but just once I'd like to get a clear and straight forward post from ya.

There's your whole problem. Wink I'm an evil asshole who is just full of it - philosophy and blah - unless you wanna talk about Gwyneth Paltrow, which makes me silly, happy, bubbly... and stuff. Lucifer not supposed to be bubbly, where does it say that in the script?

Anyhoo; there was a degree of clarity obscured by word. Holy Spirit, in Jewish tradition, is that of YHWH enabling prophets - it is ludicrous to think it possible such could be blasphemed. Therefore the Agenda is clear. The gospellers were using willful ignorance as ministry from the beginning.

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Something I have always wanted to ask a theist is, how do you know that the current Bible, the one you read, study and believe, is the correct one. There are countless different Bibles and types of Christianity, not to mention all the different Bibles which have been made over time. Surely it is far from impossible that the 'current' Bible you are using isn't in fact an accurate one, and has many omissions, gaps, and mistranslations?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I don't have the time or the will to read through all 37 pages (though I have read the first and last few pages). Thanks.
01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry, for being slow. Been really busy because of the holidays and such. I'll get back to answering probably around Tuesday.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
01-01-2012, 11:18 PM
(01-01-2012 10:49 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Sorry, for being slow. Been really busy because of the holidays and such. I'll get back to answering probably around Tuesday.

What he really meant to say was...

Drew has me locked in his basement.. Him and Girlyman has been treating me with an accelerated 12-step Atheist program. When I deny God.. they give me brief moments of internet privilages.. Girlyman has been feeding me hot dogs and Drew gives me vodka to drink... they will let me go as soon as I learn the errors of my ways...

[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
02-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Your beggining to worry me with that post Drew. As much as I want a godless world I would never want to achieve it by offering hot dogs to people. Please, be humane, and offer hamburger meat instead.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
(01-01-2012 07:37 PM)Revilo Wrote:  Something I have always wanted to ask a theist is, how do you know that the current Bible, the one you read, study and believe, is the correct one. There are countless different Bibles and types of Christianity, not to mention all the different Bibles which have been made over time. Surely it is far from impossible that the 'current' Bible you are using isn't in fact an accurate one, and has many omissions, gaps, and mistranslations?

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I don't have the time or the will to read through all 37 pages (though I have read the first and last few pages). Thanks.

I believe that the original Hebrew and Greek are inspired and, while the modern translations are very close, they are fallible because of translation issues.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
03-01-2012, 11:02 AM
I think I'm going to worship the Viking Gods... I'll do some research on their infallible books of the Viking Gods.. Hail to Odin, Thor and Frey!

I need a ship and crew. Time to set sail and conqour.