Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
12-01-2012, 09:13 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
Try to not load your questions. No point in me answering loaded questions.
[/quote]

Right. Break things down to their smallest parts to understand them better.

In the linked item above KC wrote:
"that "feeling" you have about your real self and your dream self is the only coherent explanation for the Trinity I can come up with."

No chance it's just brain activity?
It falls into the category of Neuro-Science.
I fail to see the "coherent" part of your explanation.
How could this possibly be "the ONLY" explanation? How did you eliminate the several other possibilities? I feel you didn't even consider them preferring to see the world through your god glasses.
I still do not understand how you come to these conclusions?
Your faith leads you to false conclusions.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 09:39 AM
(12-01-2012 09:13 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Right. Break things down to their smallest parts to understand them better.

You have no idea what a loaded question is, do you?

Quote:In the linked item above KC wrote:
"that "feeling" you have about your real self and your dream self is the only coherent explanation for the Trinity I can come up with."

What are you talking about? This doesn't make relevant sense.

Quote:How could this possibly be "the ONLY" explanation? How did you eliminate the several other possibilities?

Because it was the only thing I could think of to explain it?

I honestly think you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being difficult.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
(12-01-2012 09:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 09:13 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Right. Break things down to their smallest parts to understand them better.

You have no idea what a loaded question is, do you?

Quote:In the linked item above KC wrote:

What are you talking about? This doesn't make relevant sense.

Quote:How could this possibly be "the ONLY" explanation? How did you eliminate the several other possibilities?

Because it was the only thing I could think of to explain it?

I honestly think you're just trying to be contrary for the sake of being difficult.

It's like this KC.
ANY feelings you have are the result of brain activity including your understanding of what is real. It is quite relevant to bring that up here.
It is the foundation of how you think and how a human brain works.
I'm sure the brash nature of my personality isn't helping, but the fact remains that you do not apply critical thinking to your thought process.
The fact that the ONLY thing you could think of to explain the trinity is an obvious example of what I am talking about.
Your faith has trumped all other options as you try to tie reality in with fiction in explaining the trinity that way.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
12-01-2012, 01:04 PM
Children calm yourselves before I do. Let's tone this back to friendly questions. The last thing we need is some idiot saying something that will make some people angry. So play nice or I'm throwing everyone in the "No zone". I'm not telling you what the "No zone" is. Seriously. Chill out,

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I got a question for the Calvinist. Has there ever been an elected Calvinist who adopted the Shermanesque attitude that "if elected, I will not serve"? Now that would be a Calvinist I could relate to.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
(12-01-2012 01:04 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Children calm yourselves before I do. Let's tone this back to friendly questions. The last thing we need is some idiot saying something that will make some people angry. So play nice or I'm throwing everyone in the "No zone". I'm not telling you what the "No zone" is. Seriously. Chill out,

Really? Huh This isn't even close to playing roughly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-01-2012, 09:39 AM
(12-01-2012 04:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 01:04 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  Children calm yourselves before I do. Let's tone this back to friendly questions. The last thing we need is some idiot saying something that will make some people angry. So play nice or I'm throwing everyone in the "No zone". I'm not telling you what the "No zone" is. Seriously. Chill out,

Really? Huh This isn't even close to playing roughly.

That's kinda what I was thinking.

What Would Hitchens Do? (WWHD)
13-01-2012, 07:19 PM
(10-01-2012 11:47 PM)Organon Wrote:  A question for our resident theiist:

Given that YHWH was an invented god of Edom Bedouins or Midianites and then adopted by the Israelites, which god did Jesus declare himself to be the son of?

He couldn't possibly have been the son of an invented god (unless he himself was invented), so who was his father god?

Did he actually believe he was the son of god or a child of god like everyone else?

If he existed and believed he was the son of Yahweh then he was delusional, Yahweh being an invention.

The Israelites/Hebrews/Jews did believe in other gods (without necessarily worshiping them), so perhaps Jesus was the son of another god.

I find this an interesting situation.

Quote:Theist wrote Try to not load your questions. No point in me answering loaded questions.

Trying to avoid the hard questions does not show you in a good light.

I want for myself what I want for every women, absolute equality. Agnes Macphail
16-01-2012, 08:07 AM
(13-01-2012 07:19 PM)Blythe Wrote:  Trying to avoid the hard questions does not show you in a good light.

You're right... I haven't answered any questions yet.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-01-2012, 10:09 AM
(12-01-2012 04:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I got a question for the Calvinist. Has there ever been an elected Calvinist who adopted the Shermanesque attitude that "if elected, I will not serve"? Now that would be a Calvinist I could relate to.

According to the Calvinistic hermeneutics, it is impossible to be elected and choose to "not serve" - as far as salvation goes. Basically, the elect can do things that don't please God; however, they cannot choose to not be elect.