Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
24-01-2012, 05:21 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(24-01-2012 04:39 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 02:30 PM)Jeff Wrote:  KingsChosen,

Are god's magical powers due to supernatural abilities, or do they use scientific principles we don't yet understand?

Ooh, I LOVE this point Jeff!
Because IF god works miracles here, on our little rock in the universe, it must conform to this universe's laws of physics to do so....and we could detect it.
To say otherwise opens up a mega sized bag of worms.
Why does god hate amputees etc.?

Amputees just totally creep Him out. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2012, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2012 05:48 PM by Reactor.)
And there i go with a SUPER MILTI QUESTION. (which probably don't make much sense)

Do you believe in evolution?(if yes proceed)
1. if yes, Only humans go to heaven or hell? (if yes go to 1.1, if no go to 1.2)

1.1 If yes, How god define humans? There must be a clean line. Everyone after Homo Erectus are humans for god? What if human evolve into a new specie?What if we create a human and mutate him with alien(anything that is not human) DNA?

1.2 if no, Does all life(animals,insects,microbes,...) go to heaven or hell?Does rocks or other lifeless things go to heaven or hell?
Find all posts by this user
24-01-2012, 06:17 PM
(24-01-2012 04:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know.

OK thanks anyway.

Another question - do those in heaven have free will?
24-01-2012, 10:51 PM
(24-01-2012 06:17 PM)Jeff Wrote:  

OK thanks anyway.

Nope. They got worshipping God practice every morning from 0000 lasting until 2400 for the rest of eternity. No loo breaks, no independent thought. All in all pretty depressing. Anyway the party's in hell if you're keen, all the cool kids will be there Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
25-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I imagine heaven to be a cross between Lobotomy and Alzheimer's where you play with lego blocks for eternity and it's joy beyond measure for all time.
Enjoy your morphine laced coma - You morally deserve it.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
25-01-2012, 03:36 PM
(24-01-2012 10:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  

OK thanks anyway.

Nope. They got worshipping God practice every morning from 0000 lasting until 2400 for the rest of eternity. No loo breaks, no independent thought. All in all pretty depressing. Anyway the party's in hell if you're keen, all the cool kids will be there Big Grin

Word. I'll choose Hitchens over Mother Teresa any day. Brain over self-righteousness? That's a no-brainer, so to speak

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
25-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I have another question I've never seen answered - how old was Mary when God impregnated her?
25-01-2012, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 04:35 PM by kingschosen.)
(24-01-2012 05:35 PM)Reactor Wrote:  Do you believe in evolution?(if yes proceed)
1. if yes, Only humans go to heaven or hell? (if yes go to 1.1, if no go to 1.2)

Yes... k, going to 1.1

Quote:1.1 If yes, How god define humans? There must be a clean line. Everyone after Homo Erectus are humans for god? What if human evolve into a new specie?What if we create a human and mutate him with alien(anything that is not human) DNA?

God imparted His image on humanity. Apparently, God decided that homo sapiens was the creature that He wished to do this to. Whether or not God imparted His image to another non-earthly species is unclear... as the Bible states there is another flock. Regardless, it is clear that God's image is just on us... here on Earth, anyway.

OK thanks anyway.

No.
(25-01-2012 04:16 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I have another question I've never seen answered - how old was Mary when God impregnated her?

History says between 13-15, maybe 16.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
25-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I am afraid I won't have enough to pay for my sins. But I will go talk to Fr. Guido, and go to confession.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&featur...bSZlqKxAE4

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2012, 07:04 PM
(25-01-2012 04:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 05:35 PM)Reactor Wrote:  1.1 How god define humans? There must be a clean line. Everyone after Homo Erectus are humans for god? What if human evolve into a new species?What if we create a human and mutate him with alien(anything that is not human) DNA?

God imparted His image on humanity. Apparently, God decided that homo sapiens was the creature that He wished to do this to. Whether or not God imparted His image to another non-earthly species is unclear... as the Bible states there is another flock. Regardless, it is clear that God's image is just on us... here on Earth, anyway.
Erm when i said alien i meant any DNA that is not human like rat's, dog's,flower's,etc, I wasn't referring to non-earthly species.

1.If human evolve in a different/new species(more advanced) will he still be able to go in heaven?
2. If we "create" a human with wings will he be able to go to heaven?
3. If a human is born with just 1 hand will he be able to go to heaven?
4. If a human(embryo) dies before he is born will he go to heaven?
5. If a sperm dies will it go to heaven? >.<

Define exactly who can and who can't go to heaven.
Does god have some criteria or he decides on the fly?
Are any of these answered in the Bible or any other books that u believe?