Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
25-01-2012, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 08:02 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Ask a Theist!
(25-01-2012 07:04 PM)Reactor Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 04:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 05:35 PM)Reactor Wrote:  1.1 How god define humans? There must be a clean line. Everyone after Homo Erectus are humans for god? What if human evolve into a new species?What if we create a human and mutate him with alien(anything that is not human) DNA?

God imparted His image on humanity. Apparently, God decided that homo sapiens was the creature that He wished to do this to. Whether or not God imparted His image to another non-earthly species is unclear... as the Bible states there is another flock. Regardless, it is clear that God's image is just on us... here on Earth, anyway.
Erm when i said alien i meant any DNA that is not human like rat's, dog's,flower's,etc, I wasn't referring to non-earthly species.

1.If human evolve in a different/new species(more advanced) will he still be able to go in heaven?
2. If we "create" a human with wings will he be able to go to heaven?
3. If a human is born with just 1 hand will he be able to go to heaven?
4. If a human(embryo) dies before he is born will he go to heaven?
5. If a sperm dies will it go to heaven? >.<

Define exactly who can and who can't go to heaven.
Does god have some criteria or he decides on the fly?
Are any of these answered in the Bible or any other books that u believe?

Actually we can do better than that.
"Life begins at conception"...er...did they mean "fertilization".
When is the soul "infused" ?
If "at conception", does that mean when the zygote "approaches" the endometrial wall ? Gets "really close" to the endometrial wall ? Bumps into the endometrial wall ? Sticks to the endometrial wall ?
If at fertilization, does it mean when the sperm gets "really" close to the egg ? When the first electrons from the first atom of the sperm begin to interact with the egg, (and what about the Pauli Exclusion principle, which tell us they were already interacting?) When the first DNA replication process is .0257892416572839 complete ? Do genetic anomalies, (anancephalic babies) have souls ? What if they find beings with 100 % of the "normal" Homo Sapiens DNA, but only 99.9 % is expressed ? Would a Homo Sapiens/Bonobo ape cross, (if it were possible), have a soul ? Did Homo Sapiens/Neanderthal babies have souls ? Will human/robots have souls ? Do humans with two artificial hips, and two knee replacements, and an artificial heart with a ventricular assist device, and is staus post cerebral anoxia have a soul ? So many questions. So little time.

Hey KC... how are you my friend ? Hope all is well. I don't really expect answers. Just showing off. I know I am an ass sometimes. Tongue Want some popcorn ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-01-2012, 08:31 PM
(25-01-2012 04:16 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I have another question I've never seen answered - how old was Mary when God impregnated her?
History says between 13-15, maybe 16.

Thank you again. I have another question. If I model my behavior on God's behavior as described in the Bible, will I go to Heaven or Hell?
26-01-2012, 12:49 AM
(25-01-2012 08:31 PM)Jeff Wrote:  If I model my behavior on God's behavior as described in the Bible, will I go to Heaven or Hell?

I absolutely LOVE this question! Big Grin

I can't say I've ever once thought about this myself but now I'm very curious about this as well.
26-01-2012, 01:23 AM
(20-01-2012 11:01 PM)ElectricEthan Wrote:  My question: Do you think I'm going to hell? I'm an atheist btw.

I'm a morally upstanding citizen as well.

If you are not elect, then yes, you are going to hell.

Okay. Fuck you.
26-01-2012, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 04:50 AM by Reactor.)
Bucky Ball, You really took my question to the next lvl >.< I don't have much knowledge on this subject so i was trying to keep it simple. I think this is gonna be interesting Big Grin ^^
26-01-2012, 09:07 AM
(25-01-2012 07:04 PM)Reactor Wrote:  Erm when i said alien i meant any DNA that is not human like rat's, dog's,flower's,etc, I wasn't referring to non-earthly species.

If there is a cross breeding between human and alien DNA, this will indeed be interesting. I cannot, however, answer whether or not God has chosen them or any one of them for salvation.

Quote:1.If human evolve in a different/new species(more advanced) will he still be able to go in heaven?

God chooses whom He wants for salvation; I don't necessarily think the evolution of humanity would affect that. Also, drastic evolution is wholly unlikely since our evolution is so controlled.

Quote:2. If we "create" a human with wings will he be able to go to heaven?

If that person is elect, then yes. If not, then no.

Quote:3. If a human is born with just 1 hand will he be able to go to heaven?

See above.

Quote:4. If a human(embryo) dies before he is born will he go to heaven?

I personally believe that any human that dies before they have an understanding of the knowledge of good and evil that they are elect and go to heaven. I have no evidence for this except the faith in the mercy of God.

Quote:5. If a sperm dies will it go to heaven? >.<

I don't define sperm as human life.

Quote:Define exactly who can and who can't go to heaven.

The elected.

Quote:Does god have some criteria or he decides on the fly?

He decided before the beginning.

Quote:Are any of these answered in the Bible or any other books that u believe?

The Doctrine of Election is throughout the Bible.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
26-01-2012, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 11:14 AM by kingschosen.)
(25-01-2012 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 07:04 PM)Reactor Wrote:  
(24-01-2012 05:35 PM)Reactor Wrote:  1.1 How god define humans? There must be a clean line. Everyone after Homo Erectus are humans for god? What if human evolve into a new species?What if we create a human and mutate him with alien(anything that is not human) DNA?

God imparted His image on humanity. Apparently, God decided that homo sapiens was the creature that He wished to do this to. Whether or not God imparted His image to another non-earthly species is unclear... as the Bible states there is another flock. Regardless, it is clear that God's image is just on us... here on Earth, anyway.
Erm when i said alien i meant any DNA that is not human like rat's, dog's,flower's,etc, I wasn't referring to non-earthly species.

1.If human evolve in a different/new species(more advanced) will he still be able to go in heaven?
2. If we "create" a human with wings will he be able to go to heaven?
3. If a human is born with just 1 hand will he be able to go to heaven?
4. If a human(embryo) dies before he is born will he go to heaven?
5. If a sperm dies will it go to heaven? >.<

Define exactly who can and who can't go to heaven.
Does god have some criteria or he decides on the fly?
Are any of these answered in the Bible or any other books that u believe?

Actually we can do better than that.
"Life begins at conception"...er...did they mean "fertilization".
When is the soul "infused" ?
If "at conception", does that mean when the zygote "approaches" the endometrial wall ? Gets "really close" to the endometrial wall ? Bumps into the endometrial wall ? Sticks to the endometrial wall ?
If at fertilization, does it mean when the sperm gets "really" close to the egg ? When the first electrons from the first atom of the sperm begin to interact with the egg, (and what about the Pauli Exclusion principle, which tell us they were already interacting?) When the first DNA replication process is .0257892416572839 complete ? Do genetic anomalies, (anancephalic babies) have souls ? What if they find beings with 100 % of the "normal" Homo Sapiens DNA, but only 99.9 % is expressed ? Would a Homo Sapiens/Bonobo ape cross, (if it were possible), have a soul ? Did Homo Sapiens/Neanderthal bablies have souls ? Will human/robots have souls ? Do humans with two artificial hips, and two knee replacements, and an artificial heart with a ventricular assist device, and is staus post cerebral anoxia have a soul ? So many questions. So little time.

Hey KC... how are you my friend ? Hope all is well. I don't really expect answers. Just showing off. I know I am an ass sometimes. Tongue Want some popcorn ?

lol I actually don't know enough science to understand most of that let alone answer it.
(26-01-2012 12:49 AM)AstralMystic Wrote:  
(25-01-2012 08:31 PM)Jeff Wrote:  If I model my behavior on God's behavior as described in the Bible, will I go to Heaven or Hell?

I absolutely LOVE this question! Big Grin

I can't say I've ever once thought about this myself but now I'm very curious about this as well.

If you are not elect then you go to hell.

26-01-2012, 01:00 PM
If god doesn't accept Jesus as his savior, will he go to hell ? Big Grin

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
26-01-2012, 01:10 PM
(26-01-2012 01:00 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  If god doesn't accept Jesus as his savior, will he go to hell ? Big Grin

Heh, paradoxes make brains explode.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
26-01-2012, 01:57 PM
hey Kings, I almost posted this in the other thread that is becoming like a redo of this one. Whoops.

Anyways, what is your take on Harry Potter and the like. I'm going to assume that you are fairly realistic on the front of entertainment. That you can probably see the difference between real danger and fantasy danger... but I don't know for sure because of your stance on the bible.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user