Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2012, 09:42 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 09:43 AM by kingschosen.)
RE: Ask a Theist!
(27-01-2012 09:25 AM)lucradis Wrote:  To what purpose would you KC think of for god to create people just to have some go to heaven and some go to hell with no free will and an already solved end game?

I am so confused by this because I can't think up any good reason for god to make a show up for himself but then already know the ending.

Humanity was planned by God in the beginning of infinity (sic) to be fallen and depraved and in need of salvation so that the Son's purpose would be served.

As for the why?

I don't know. I can't answer that.
(27-01-2012 09:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Also... You're commanded not to murder - but if you *did* murder it would be God working through you - no freewill remember! I can't see what the problem is... other than you know, killing babies being kinda yucky - prefer to get mine from the butcher.

God allows evil because He created it so that His purpose could be served. There is nothing good about evil; however, it is necessary.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2012, 09:45 AM
I don't see how no freewill equates to being sinful either?

God: You are sinful fucks who deserve to go to hell. I control your every action, including making you do stuff which I *told* you not to. Therefore it's completely right and just that I should torture you.

By the Way KC my homie! Welcome welcome, I control your every action too, you're a sinful asshole too, but arbitrarily I've decided you can come watch me torture all these other guys. Waddya say? You say yes? Well I knew you would since I opened your mouth and told you to say that.
27-01-2012, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 09:47 AM by kingschosen.)
Also, I would like to formally thank the TTA community for making this the second most responded to thread.

This is a testament for all of you: you're accepting and seek knowledge of others that believe differently.
(27-01-2012 09:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  I don't see how no freewill equates to being sinful either?

God: You are sinful fucks who deserve to go to hell. I control your every action, including making you do stuff which I *told* you not to. Therefore it's completely right and just that I should torture you.

By the Way KC my homie! Welcome welcome, I control your every action too, you're a sinful asshole too, but arbitrarily I've decided you can come watch me torture all these other guys. Waddya say? You say yes? Well I knew you would since I opened your mouth and told you to say that.

It has to be that way though... if not, then God isn't all powerful.

How can an omnipotent being be controlled by freewill?

27-01-2012, 09:49 AM
(27-01-2012 09:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Humanity was planned by God in the beginning of infinity (sic) to be fallen and depraved and in need of salvation so that the Son's purpose would be served.

As for the why?

I can. It is false BS.
Think about it KC. Does it make ANY sense? Nope.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2012, 09:51 AM
(27-01-2012 09:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, I would like to formally thank the TTA community for making this the second most responded to thread.

This is a testament for all of you: you're accepting and seek knowledge of others that believe differently.

You're a nice guy too KC Wink You say all this weird stuff but... you're OK.

Quote:It has to be that way though... if not, then God isn't all powerful.

How can an omnipotent being be controlled by freewill?

How can a so called merciful being condemn for actions beyond anyone's control?
27-01-2012, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 09:55 AM by kingschosen.)
(27-01-2012 09:49 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  
(27-01-2012 09:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Humanity was planned by God in the beginning of infinity (sic) to be fallen and depraved and in need of salvation so that the Son's purpose would be served.

As for the why?

I can. It is false BS.
Think about it KC. Does it make ANY sense? Nope.

It does to me. I don't have a choice in what I believe.

27-01-2012, 09:53 AM
(27-01-2012 09:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, I would like to formally thank the TTA community for making this the second most responded to thread.

Please pass along your experience to all of your theist friends on theist forums and YouTube channels who censor and block free and open discussion any chance they get to only present their one sided faith based view.
As you can say with certainty, it is much better this way. Smile
27-01-2012, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2012 09:54 AM by kingschosen.)
(27-01-2012 09:51 AM)morondog Wrote:  You're a nice guy too KC Wink You say all this weird stuff but... you're OK.

Big Grin

Quote:How can a so called merciful being condemn for actions beyond anyone's control?

Because His mercy is allowing some salvation.
(27-01-2012 09:53 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  

Please pass along your experience to all of your theist friends on theist forums and YouTube channels who censor and block free and open discussion any chance they get to only present their one sided faith based view.
As you can say with certainty, it is much better this way. Smile

I have been.

It's been a personal mission to try and rid Christianity of close-mindedness.

27-01-2012, 10:00 AM
(27-01-2012 09:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't have a choice in what I believe.

Neither do I.

If I think something is true... my mind can be changed if I see external new evidence or gain new insight by thinking about it. But I don't *choose* to believe something is true.

You're the same, it's just changing your mind appears to take an inhuman level of evidence.

I think I just found proof of God Dodgy
27-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Really don't think it's merciful to allow some slaves into heaven while other slaves who were doing what they were told go to hell. I mean if god controls me then I don't have the chance to go to heaven because god is makin me sin so that I go to hell for some inane reason.
I get punished for doing what I'm told. Huh? You can't raise kids that way.

Also how come
God can't be all powerful and allow free will? Makes no sense.
If he can't choose to allow us free will then how is he all powerful?
Maybe the reason he doesn't communicate with us openly anymore is because he wanted to see what would happen after he set things in motion.

Though I still stand by the idea that if he from the bible exists, he had it written just to see his creation defy him by using tue gifts he gave us. Ie brains. He wants us to reject him using logic and reason, it angers him when we follow without using our noggins.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison