Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
30-01-2012, 10:46 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(30-01-2012 10:45 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 10:40 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Heh, like my new ground rule?

er... yes? I went and liked it in the OP. You's can go look if you wants. Scientific believable evidence!

lol if I cussed I would call you a compound word consisting of synonyms for "intelligent" and "donkey".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Uhm... Kingsy...
... #VIIII.... shouldn't that be IX? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-01-2012, 01:36 PM
(30-01-2012 01:34 PM)kim Wrote:  Uhm... Kingsy...

lol have you not noticed a trend with my numbering?

30-01-2012, 01:46 PM
(30-01-2012 01:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Oh, ok. I just thought you might be drunk or something. Blush
Hey, I have an interpretation of how I see your beliefs as you have laid them out here. Should I post it here, or start another thread, or what?

I don't think it will derail this thread because it relates, but I didn't want to continue this thread if everyone is wanting to move on.
Let me know and I'll whip it up and toss it out. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
30-01-2012, 01:55 PM
(30-01-2012 01:46 PM)kim Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 01:36 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Oh, ok. I just thought you might be drunk or something. Blush
Hey, I have an interpretation of how I see your beliefs as you have laid them out here. Should I post it here, or start another thread, or what?

I don't think it will derail this thread because it relates, but I didn't want to continue this thread if everyone is wanting to move on.
Let me know and I'll whip it up and toss it out. Shy

If its an interpretation of what I believe, then I say start a new thread. This is for questions concerning theistic thought... not directly about KC.

And, they just want me to stop answering questions because of the CYOA <_<

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-01-2012, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 02:16 PM by kim.)
(30-01-2012 01:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If its an interpretation of what I believe, then I say start a new thread. This is for questions concerning theistic thought... not directly about KC.

Oh, ok... I didn't look at that thread.
I'll make a new thread. It will just be my own view of what I gather so far, but I wouldn't mind seeing peoples' thoughts and yours, as well.
It's pretty subjective but kind of hope I got things right. Loosely, at least. Shy
(30-01-2012 01:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If its an interpretation of what I believe, then I say start a new thread. This is for questions concerning theistic thought... not directly about KC.

Oh, ok... I didn't look at that thread.
I'll make a new thread. It will just be my own view of what I gather so far, but I wouldn't mind seeing peoples' thoughts and yours, as well.
It's pretty subjective but kind of hope I got things right. Loosely, at least. Shy

30-01-2012, 02:17 PM
(30-01-2012 01:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  And, they just want me to stop answering questions because of the CYOA <_<

Here's a theist question for any theist:

According to what you believe, what happens next in the CYOA?
30-01-2012, 03:49 PM
(29-01-2012 08:58 AM)Reactor Wrote:  I got a cool "totally" hypothetical question. If all the religions in the world are wrong(including yours) and god doesn't exist, does the religions have,had or will have any meaning in the world or are they was or will be any helpful for man kind? And lastly do you think that your own religion (with all that elect thing) is any beneficial for people.(also point out which religion is the most beneficial if any)

Hey KC i think u missed this one (i was actually so sure that u gonna miss and its justified because it looked like a signature)
30-01-2012, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2012 04:04 PM by kingschosen.)
(30-01-2012 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 01:55 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  And, they just want me to stop answering questions because of the CYOA <_<

Here's a theist question for any theist:

According to what you believe, what happens next in the CYOA?

Check the CYOA.
(30-01-2012 03:49 PM)Reactor Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 08:58 AM)Reactor Wrote:  I got a cool "totally" hypothetical question. If all the religions in the world are wrong(including yours) and god doesn't exist, does the religions have,had or will have any meaning in the world or are they was or will be any helpful for man kind? And lastly do you think that your own religion (with all that elect thing) is any beneficial for people.(also point out which religion is the most beneficial if any)

Hey KC i think u missed this one (i was actually so sure that u gonna miss and its justified because it looked like a signature)

Oops sorry.

Religions have brought good and bad. To say that something hasn't created any good is a fallacy. Even the worst of things have brought good into our world and our world is a better, more convenient place for it. So, yes, religion has had and continues to have positive meaning towards mankind; likewise, the opposite is true as well.

Hypothetically, if my religion is false, I believe that the belief that I am elect is beneficial to mankind. Since I am a representation for the holy God, I am to be an example of love towards others.

30-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Are you able to sin?