Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
07-02-2012, 09:41 AM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(07-02-2012 09:35 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I was an Elected Believer for 40+ years, and I blasphemed the Holy Spirit, so there goes your theory. Tongue

Don't bother replying. I know you don't believe I could ever have been really elected and I was just playing make-believe Born Again Christian for four decades.

But that mean that y... oh... trixy Erxomai...

What a wicked god for fucking up my life with his religion only to drop me when he had no more use for me.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
(07-02-2012 09:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What a wicked god for fucking up my life with his religion only to drop me when he had no more use for me.

Well... even if you aren't elect, God could have used you and your preaching to start someone's regeneration... kind of ironic if you think about it.

Also, how do you like all the new pretty colors on the first page?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
07-02-2012, 07:16 PM
(07-02-2012 03:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 09:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  What a wicked god for fucking up my life with his religion only to drop me when he had no more use for me.

Well... even if you aren't elect, God could have used you and your preaching to start someone's regeneration... kind of ironic if you think about it.

"I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected."

(07-02-2012 03:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Also, how do you like all the new pretty colors on the first page?

I like them, they're very girly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
07-02-2012, 08:51 PM
(07-02-2012 03:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Also, how do you like all the new pretty colors on the first page?

I was just earlier trying to figure out how to do colors. Thanks to you I found the doohickey! And I picked your favorite color since Girly called it girly.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Hey You! Theist! Yes you with the woo woo telephone!

Got a question for you. Well an accusation... actually I don't. I wrote it out, realised I could see what your answer would be before I finished writing the question, so I modified the question... it became incoherent. I tried to explain myself better. You answered with reason... in the end I got totally dominated. Damn. You're a good debater.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-02-2012, 08:49 AM
(09-02-2012 11:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hey You! Theist! Yes you with the woo woo telephone!

Got a question for you. Well an accusation... actually I don't. I wrote it out, realised I could see what your answer would be before I finished writing the question, so I modified the question... it became incoherent. I tried to explain myself better. You answered with reason... in the end I got totally dominated. Damn. You're a good debater.

You call this a debate? I think of it more as a diagnostic procedure. We probe KC's belief system to find the cause of the reality disconnection.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-02-2012, 09:05 AM
(10-02-2012 08:49 AM)Chas Wrote:  We probe KC's belief system to find the cause of the reality disconnection.

Gah! Stay away from me with your reality probe old man.

I just use KC as a crazy barometer. I calibrate the scale at one unit of loony = KC.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
The reality disconnection is that KC will not apply a method to his understanding like every other theist out there who defends the idea of god.
If he did, things would be different.
It is a mental block that he must overcome or he will dwindle in mushy theology forever.

KC, can you provide something modern? Some piece of the puzzle that does not rely on ancient text to support your god idea?
Surely your god should give you some kind of tangible information/evidence outside of the bible to answer a heathen like me.
If the bible didn't exist, would your feelings be the same? I think not.

If you took all the ancient writings out of the equation, the theist will be left with nothing to spin to provide anything of substance.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
[+] 1 user Likes TalladegaTom's post
10-02-2012, 12:11 PM
(10-02-2012 09:59 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  If you took all the ancient writings out of the equation, the theist will be left with nothing to spin to provide anything of substance.

Actually, I could provide something of substance that has nothing to do with the bible, Scripture, Christianity, or even the God of Abraham... but I'm not a theist. Probably don't want to hear that though, huh? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
(10-02-2012 12:11 PM)kim Wrote:  
(10-02-2012 09:59 AM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  If you took all the ancient writings out of the equation, the theist will be left with nothing to spin to provide anything of substance.

Actually, I could provide something of substance that has nothing to do with the bible, Scripture, Christianity, or even the God of Abraham... but I'm not a theist. Probably don't want to hear that though, huh? Shy

I would like to hear it. I am most interested and mean that seriously.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.