Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
13-02-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(13-02-2012 12:31 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Not really. There is a HUGE difference between a fictitious character and the supposed most powerful being who is the creator of all things.

Er... um.... no. There is no difference at all between these two things.

(see what I did there?)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-02-2012, 07:13 PM
KC, if only elect go to heaven and their actions doesn't matter why did god created all these rules? I mean elect don't have to obey them because they are going to heaven no matter what, non elect don't have to obey them because they are doomed to eternal hell no matter what. So it seems that they are just decorative.
13-02-2012, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 10:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-02-2012 07:13 PM)Reactor Wrote:  KC, if only elect go to heaven and their actions doesn't matter why did god created all these rules? I mean elect don't have to obey them because they are going to heaven no matter what, non elect don't have to obey them because they are doomed to eternal hell no matter what. So it seems that they are just decorative.

It's just nihilism gift wrapped with fancy paper and ribbons and bows. Unwrap it and it's just the abyss staring back at you. ... Merry Fucking Christmas.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-02-2012, 08:25 PM
(13-02-2012 01:15 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 12:31 PM)TalladegaTom Wrote:  Not really. There is a HUGE difference between a fictitious character and the supposed most powerful being who is the creator of all things.

Er... um.... no. There is no difference at all between these two things.

(see what I did there?)

HA! I see that. Smile
I guess I should have said there "should" be a difference betwwen ....
You are most correct. In reality there is no difference other than maybe Tom Sawyer has more fun!

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2012, 08:54 AM
(13-02-2012 07:13 PM)Reactor Wrote:  KC, if only elect go to heaven and their actions doesn't matter why did god created all these rules? I mean elect don't have to obey them because they are going to heaven no matter what, non elect don't have to obey them because they are doomed to eternal hell no matter what. So it seems that they are just decorative.

Again, as I've said before, humanity was a part of God's plan and the Son's purpose. The elect obey because it's their desire to obey given to them by God. The non-elect don't know the things of God because they aren't of God. They can imitate and emulate the actions of the elect, but it would never be of God.

God had to produce an imperfect creature to fulfill His created plan and purpose.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-02-2012, 09:04 AM
(14-02-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Again, as I've said before, humanity was a part of God's plan and the Son's purpose. The elect obey because it's their desire to obey given to them by God. The non-elect don't know the things of God because they aren't of God. They can imitate and emulate the actions of the elect, but it would never be of God.

God had to produce an imperfect creature to fulfill His created plan and purpose.

I understand 100% of the words in this post but when they are arranged in that particular order... ???
14-02-2012, 09:17 AM
(14-02-2012 09:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I understand 100% of the words in this post but when they are arranged in that particular order... ???

Before the beginning (sic), God had a predestined plan. Before the beginning (sic), there was a purpose for Jesus. The plan was humanity.

Before the beginning (sic) and in accordance to the plan and the Son's purpose, God predestined some of humanity for salvation.

14-02-2012, 09:35 AM
(14-02-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 09:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I understand 100% of the words in this post but when they are arranged in that particular order... ???

Before the beginning (sic), God had a predestined plan. Before the beginning (sic), there was a purpose for Jesus. The plan was humanity.

Before the beginning (sic) and in accordance to the plan and the Son's purpose, God predestined some of humanity for salvation.

hehehe, good one. I can go to bed now with a smile on my face,
Cheers
DLJ
14-02-2012, 09:36 AM
(14-02-2012 09:35 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 09:17 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

hehehe, good one. I can go to bed now with a smile on my face,
Cheers
DLJ

Was I not clear enough?

14-02-2012, 11:42 AM
(14-02-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Yeah I get all these and you have repeatedly explained about why elect obey gods rules, but that wasn't my question. I asked you if god's rules are just decorative.