Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
14-02-2012, 12:45 PM

RE: Ask a Theist!
(14-02-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God had to produce an imperfect creature to fulfill His created plan and purpose.

KC, you know i love you...right? If not..well i do. Now...

This one quote is pure madness. Its insane on so many different levels.

I know we could go round and round about this Perfect Plan for Imperfect Creations.....but we'd end up right here.

Just gotta say, one of these days you are gonna look back on quotes of yours like this and laugh with me.

Madness, i tell ya...pure madness.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
14-02-2012, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 02:06 PM by kingschosen.)
(14-02-2012 11:42 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Yeah I get all these and you have repeatedly explained about why elect obey gods rules, but that wasn't my question. I asked you if god's rules are just decorative.

No. They are set up a certain way for a reason.
(14-02-2012 12:45 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 08:54 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  God had to produce an imperfect creature to fulfill His created plan and purpose.

KC, you know i love you...right? If not..well i do. Now...

This one quote is pure madness. Its insane on so many different levels.

I know we could go round and round about this Perfect Plan for Imperfect Creations.....but we'd end up right here.

Just gotta say, one of these days you are gonna look back on quotes of yours like this and laugh with me.

Madness, i tell ya...pure madness.

D

Okay... think of it like this.

A banana is yellow. It's not blue. It's not black. It's not orange. It's yellow. They have always been yellow (for simplicity's sake, let's not try and debunk this through history/evolution).

Now, since bananas have been yellow throughout history, stories, paintings, videos, etc depict bananas as being yellow.

Why? They have always been yellow. Their depictions in various mediums are yellow as a result of what has always been. Changing the color in the medium doesn't change the color of the banana.

The plan was always there... from the beginning. Our actions are a result of the plan. Our actions don't change the plan but are because of the plan. Likewise, the bananas color in mediums is yellow because that's what it's always been, and changing the color in the mediums doesn't change what the color is.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2012, 02:30 PM
(14-02-2012 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 11:42 AM)Reactor Wrote:  Yeah I get all these and you have repeatedly explained about why elect obey gods rules, but that wasn't my question. I asked you if god's rules are just decorative.

Could you share that reason with us?
14-02-2012, 02:30 PM
But now...

God the perfect banana created Adam the imperfect banana in his own image to carry out his perfect curvy banana shaped plan?
14-02-2012, 02:48 PM

(14-02-2012 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  The plan was always there... from the beginning. Our actions are a result of the plan. Our actions don't change the plan but are because of the plan.

If you have not seen the most recent reincarnation of Battlestar Galactica, bro...you gotta do yourself a favor and get the entire box set.

Its ALL ABOUT THE PLAN!!!

Now, we can dance around the obvious here...but simply put, if your GOD had a plan, knew the end result and still moved foward with the plan....then he's fucking nuts.

When i set out in the garage on a wood working project, if i move foward with the KNOWLEDGE its jacked up...i STOP and reasses my plans/schematics/decisions.

All told it sounds like God set out with a plan and then was totally powerless to change it. Or he could change it but felt the cost was worth it in the end.

Gods plan, before he hit the start button, means he knew in advance of the millions of deaths at HIS OWN hands would be done, not only that but the anguish of killing your own son to set things right. He knew this and still moved foward with it.
Leave the bias at the door...at the most BASIC level of what i just described...is pure insanity. There is NO justification for this conduct.

D
14-02-2012, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 02:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-02-2012 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Okay... think of it like this.

A banana is yellow. It's not blue. It's not black. It's not orange. It's yellow. They have always been yellow (for simplicity's sake, let's not try and debunk this through history/evolution).

Now, since bananas have been yellow throughout history, stories, paintings, videos, etc depict bananas as being yellow.

Why? They have always been yellow. Their depictions in various mediums are yellow as a result of what has always been. Changing the color in the medium doesn't change the color of the banana.

Your experience with bananas, much like your experience with the rest of reality, appears severely limited.

[Image: bananas.jpg]

[Image: redbanana.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-02-2012, 03:01 PM

(14-02-2012 02:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Your experience with bananas, much like your experience with the rest of reality, appears severely limited.

Girlyman,
Thats a picture of the Anti-Banana! Have you not read about him in the book of Peelation? He comes to deceive us! Dont fall for his tricks! He may tell you he has the way..the truth..the potassium, but its a lie!

D
[+] 4 users Like Denicio's post
14-02-2012, 03:43 PM
(14-02-2012 03:01 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Girlyman,
Thats a picture of the Anti-Banana! Have you not read about him in the book of Peelation? He comes to deceive us! Dont fall for his tricks! He may tell you he has the way..the truth..the potassium, but its a lie!

D

Yeah, those brown ones clearly weren't elect.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-02-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 04:13 PM by kingschosen.)
(14-02-2012 02:30 PM)Reactor Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 01:56 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Could you share that reason with us?

So that Jesus' purpose could be served.
(14-02-2012 02:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

(14-02-2012 02:48 PM)Denicio Wrote:  Now, we can dance around the obvious here...but simply put, if your GOD had a plan, knew the end result and still moved foward with the plan....then he's fucking nuts.

You're making the mistake of thinking that humans are the most important part of the plan.

Quote:When i set out in the garage on a wood working project, if i move foward with the KNOWLEDGE its jacked up...i STOP and reasses my plans/schematics/decisions.

From who's perspective? Even if your wood-working plan was carried out exactly the way you wanted it, do you think that the wood thought your plan was "great"? Don't you think the wood might think your plan was sick and horrifying because you're mutilating it?

You're plan is good and perfect because of your knowledge and perspective.

Quote:All told it sounds like God set out with a plan and then was totally powerless to change it. Or he could change it but felt the cost was worth it in the end.

No. He is/was not powerless to stop it. It's going exactly as He wants it. He's omniscient; the plan is a result of His omniscience.

Quote:Gods plan, before he hit the start button, means he knew in advance of the millions of deaths at HIS OWN hands would be done, not only that but the anguish of killing your own son to set things right. He knew this and still moved foward with it.
Leave the bias at the door...at the most BASIC level of what i just described...is pure insanity. There is NO justification for this conduct.

D

Did you ask the wood and saw dust how they felt about the plan after you were done? Are you justified in making what you made? Does the wood have any authority over you?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-02-2012, 04:50 PM
(14-02-2012 04:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  A banana is yellow. It's not blue. It's not black. It's not orange. It's yellow. They have always been yellow (for simplicity's sake, let's not try and debunk this through history/evolution).

Okay, so for the sake of simplicity I will pretend that I have never seen or eaten a green, brown, or red banana. I will pretend to believe something demonstrably ridiculous. For the sake of simplicity I will choose to be a simpleton. Sounds like a plan.