Ask a Theist!

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 5 Average
15-02-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: Ask a Theist!
(15-02-2012 03:28 PM)Malleus Wrote:  Somebody please stop me. So much fun should be illegal. Big Grin

It'd only be illegal if he was under the age of consent.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 04:01 PM
If everyone is important and special and god cares about everyone and has a greater plan that we do not understand, then he also cares about every fart that leaves you and me and the dog and the squirrel in the woods. And also in that case it was not my free will or desicion that i did not fart at work or in the supermarket and it was also gods plan when Malleus farted on the toilet and when kingchosen held back a fart when the handyman came to fix the sink.
Yes, if god created everything for his plan and he planned everything and knew everything in advance then, then let me say that out loud:
Every fart is important for the devine plan of God!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
15-02-2012, 09:23 PM
You always say that Jesus's need to fulfill his purpose is the justification for eternal torture, but I've never seen you explain why Jesus's purpose is what it is.

Why was Jesus's purpose set aside as it was from the beginning of time?
[+] 1 user Likes Ben's post
16-02-2012, 12:18 AM
K.C, do you worship your self deignated evil megalomaniac because you want to rejoice in the suffering of others or do you have an even more sinister motive???? Dodgy
16-02-2012, 02:24 AM
@Ben, because of Gods greater plan of course. What's there to not understand? Big Grin

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
16-02-2012, 08:46 AM
The bible is 6000 years old........does that mean that every single person born before then went to hell seeing as they knew no different at the time???

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
16-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Okay, I've been letting a lot slide; however, please observe the ground rules and addendum.

(15-02-2012 09:23 PM)Ben Wrote:  You always say that Jesus's need to fulfill his purpose is the justification for eternal torture, but I've never seen you explain why Jesus's purpose is what it is.

Why was Jesus's purpose set aside as it was from the beginning of time?

I don't know.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-02-2012, 09:02 AM
(16-02-2012 08:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  The bible is 6000 years old........does that mean that every single person born before then went to hell seeing as they knew no different at the time???

Dude, you are missing the obvious! There were no persons born before that time... how can persons be born before the world was created? Please think before you speak next time.
16-02-2012, 09:14 AM
(16-02-2012 08:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  The bible is 6000 years old........does that mean that every single person born before then went to hell seeing as they knew no different at the time???

I'm still wrestling with this idea.

There are four possibilities regarding people that came before the covenant relationship with Adam:

1) They simply died. They had no spirit.
2) They were all elect.
3) They were all non-elect.
4) Some were elect.

I'm leaning toward #2. The reason is that Adamic Covenant was for all humanity; moreover, the Bible states that humanity is judged on deeds committed. God does not judge you on deeds you have not or cannot commit. This is why I believe that infants, children, and mentally handicapped people are elect. Likewise, those that came before the covenant cannot be judged on sins committed because there was no covenant; therefore, they are the same as the aforementioned.

Although, #1 could be true as well.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-02-2012, 09:31 AM
I notice you never consider ALL the options.
Any chance you would consider option #5? - The bible is all BS.
This supports the evidence and makes the most sense.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post